Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm not saying Pardew will never play Taylor ahead of anyone else, I'm just saying that it won't be because he has contractually guaranteed him a starting place.

taylor isnt first choice, taylor wont sign new contract -> pardew comes in -> taylor is first choice, taylor signs new contract

am i missing something?

Taylor was in the starting Xl when Pardew arrived.

Only because Williamson and Colo weren't available, though.

And Williamson went back into the team because Taylor wasn't available through injury. There's nowt conclusive to be drawn.

Taylor was in the starting Xl when Pardew arrived.

Only because Williamson and Colo weren't available, though.

And Williamson went back into the team because Taylor wasn't available through injury. There's nowt conclusive to be drawn.

he left williamson out when he was available again, favouring taylor. and during the period when he'd (williamson) been out we looked decidedly shitter in defense. around this time taylor also signed a new contract, seems pretty obvious to me.

So we can conclude that both times he's played the card he's been dealt (through suspension and injury) as opposed to shuffling the pack?

I'll repeat, there are no conclusions to be draw, we can only speculate. The next game should offer an answer.

Taylor was in the paper last week bumlicking Pardew (as he normally does), and he specifically pointed out that he was unhappy here etc and looking to leave until 'the gaffer' came in. Then suddenly he signs a new deal and is all happy again. I doubt there's anything contractual about it - not least because it would be a risk for the club and they don't like risks - but it's very naive IMO to suggest he hasn't been told he's in Pardew's first choice lineup at the very least.

Taylor was in the paper last week bumlicking Pardew (as he normally does), and he specifically pointed out that he was unhappy here etc and looking to leave until 'the gaffer' came in. Then suddenly he signs a new deal and is all happy again. I doubt there's anything contractual about it but it's very naive IMO to suggest he hasn't been told he's in Pardew's first choice lineup at the very least.

:icon_puke_r:

hahahaha, a "Must start when fit" clause.  A close third to "moon landing was faked" and "lizard people control our media" for least believable crackpot theories, surely. 

Pardew probably likes Taylor.  I'm sure he trains hard.  He's obviously willing to adopt other positions to play and does so enthusiastically.  He'll be here until he's 35. 

hahahaha, a "Must start when fit" clause.  A close third to "moon landing was faked" and "lizard people control our media" for least believable crackpot theories, surely. 

Pardew probably likes Taylor.  I'm sure he trains hard.  He's obviously willing to adopt other positions to play and does so enthusiastically.  He'll be here until he's 35. 

hahahahaha, i'm not talking about a contract clause you muppet

Our defence ALWAYS looks more shaky when he plays. He has an unsettling effect on it for sure. Colo and Will should not be broken up unless we bring in a seriously good central defender and Simpson has stepped up this season so he shouldn't be playing there either. He is a strange one imo because he is the type of player that needs to be playing regularly to play well and therefore isn't that good as backup.

I'm not saying Pardew will never play Taylor ahead of anyone else, I'm just saying that it won't be because he has contractually guaranteed him a starting place.

taylor isnt first choice, taylor wont sign new contract -> pardew comes in -> taylor is first choice, taylor signs new contract

am i missing something?

Pardew thinks Taylor is a better player than Williamson?

Most here would disagree, but it's entirely possible for someone else to have a differing opinion, Shirley? Why does it have to mean there's a clause in his contract? He might just prefer Taylor.

am i missing something?

Pardew thinks Taylor is a better player than Williamson?

Most here would disagree, but it's entirely possible for someone else to have a differing opinion, Shirley? Why does it have to mean there's a clause in his contract? He might just prefer Taylor.

Eh?? Precisely, that's his point - Pardew thinks/told him he's a better defender and he'll be picked favourably, and so he signed a contract. Nothing to do with clauses. I assume Minhosa also meant the same thing.

Reads to me that his point is the reverse of that. Looks like he's insinuating that he's been given a guaranteed start by Pardew. Apologies I've misread it, it's difficult sometimes guaging tone on an internet forum.

Never rated him in the first place. Everton just gives me an excuse to slate him even more.

He arse-licks every single manager that comes here, he things he is God's gift to football and he's plays football like he's out there playing by himself. Terrible player.

Reads to me that his point is the reverse of that. Looks like he's insinuating that he's been given a guaranteed start by Pardew. Apologies I've misread it, it's difficult sometimes guaging tone on an internet forum.

The little bit you quoted did to be fair but;

:lol: Think he'd misread the bit he'd quoted in your quote, therefore...

No one was talking to you, twatbarn

I remember people saying Alan Smith had a similar clause when he signed.

I remember him starting and starting and starting despite being shit and some fat man who was and still is our owner wearing his name on his XXXL shirt that time.

No one was talking to you, twatbarn

and no-one mentioned a contract clause apart from Ian W, who only mentioned it to then say he didnt believe there was one.

I mentioned the "guaranteed start" because someone else said they thought that was how Pardew got Taylor to sign a new deal.

I didn't invent the idea just to say it was unlikely, I was responding to the proposal that it existed.

I mentioned the "guaranteed start" because someone else said they thought that was how Pardew got Taylor to sign a new deal.

I didn't invent the idea just to say it was unlikely, I was responding to the proposal that it existed.

Yes, but unless I missed something in the thread, Minhosa never said contractually guaranteed - big difference. More like calling someone a 'Key Player' or 'Back up for the first team' in FM...

I said so on here at the time and stand by it, I think Pardew has guaranteed him a start when he's fit in order to get him to sign the new contract, probably (and hopefully) in order for his superiors to make a profit when we flog him rather than lose him on a free.

True, he didn't say the guarantee was actually written into the contract, but the effect is the same.