Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest Vinkent

Both Williamson and Taylor fall into the "average but not great" category for me. They're both really hit and miss. We'll survive with them until the summer but desperately need to boost our defensive options with quality.

I couldn't believe Williamson like. Getting in the way of Roberts' elbow, the useless b******. Sell him.

Yawn. Wondered how long it would be before you were back driving the bandwagon.

Ironic you're complaining about an elbow, the amount of cheap, sly digs you get in coming in from the side.

If you can show me the mass outcry on here about the Roberts challenge, I'd like to read it.

Anything relevant to add to the debate? Fancy answering my last question?

People would have went "It wasn't Taylor's fault. He was fouled" :aww:

I still can't believe the Bramble - Williamson comparison. They're about as different as defenders get.

I said the Bramble compound. That being the tendency to mess up/lose concentration out of nowhere; Williamson hasn't got it as bad as Titus but it's still there. I wasn't comparing them from a technical point of view.

The main reason I'd rather play Williamson over Taylor, is he isn't as much of a lose cannon and the back four looks a lot more solid as a unit when he's playing next to Coloccini.

The main reason I'd rather play Williamson over Taylor, is he isn't as much of a lose cannon and the back four looks a lot more solid as a unit when he's playing next to Coloccini.

right now the main reason i'd play williamson instead of taylor is that colo, williamson have built up a bit of a partnership and taylor isn't good enough to brake it up without injury/loss of form forcing a change. same would go had taylor been in all season imho, williamson isn't good enough to force his way in as of right.

s**** example given that Perch plays a different position. I'm with Punk on this one. I'd have complete faith in the club to dig up someone from the bargain basement who would be better for the squad than Taylor. I've mentioned before, the thing that really riles me up is him potentially eating up wages that could be given to the likes of Enrique or Barton. The thought of them buggering off whilst bell-ends like Taylor, who epitomise mediocrity, sit cushtily on the bench with £40k coming in every week.

:clap: Exactly. The reason why I've always been against Taylor is his salary. He's so much weaker as a player compared to Tiote, HBA or Barton, but is almost earning as much as them. We got to trust our club to find better talents that is younger, have more potential, is less injury prone and earn considerable less.

Steven Taylor isn't that good, but he's not bad enough to be easily replaced by any "young, hungry lad from the Championship."

Remember that Taylor exerted Vidic-esque dominance over the Championship for the half season he was there.

s**** example given that Perch plays a different position. I'm with Punk on this one. I'd have complete faith in the club to dig up someone from the bargain basement who would be better for the squad than Taylor. I've mentioned before, the thing that really riles me up is him potentially eating up wages that could be given to the likes of Enrique or Barton. The thought of them buggering off whilst bell-ends like Taylor, who epitomise mediocrity, sit cushtily on the bench with £40k coming in every week.

:clap: Exactly. The reason why I've always been against Taylor is his salary. He's so much weaker as a player compared to Tiote, HBA or Barton, but is almost earning as much as them. We got to trust our club to find better talents that is younger, have more potential, is less injury prone and earn considerable less.

Steven Taylor isn't that good, but he's not bad enough to be easily replaced by any "young, hungry lad from the Championship."

Remember that Taylor exerted Vidic-esque dominance over the Championship for the half season he was there.

and was a better centre half than colo the season we went down.

He wasn't like, tbf. Colo wasn't even THAT bad, just made a few comical mistakes the latter half of THAT season. For many parts of the season though he actualy looked a good player, it's a pure myth that he was s****.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "pure myth." He showed some hints of quality early on but he became pretty abysmal as the season went on, just like everyone else.

I hope all this argument in favour of Taylor is at least for him to play at CB. Nobody should ever metion him at RB anymore, the word atrocious is too mild for his performance against Everton. As for CB, although I acknowledge that Williamson is ust above average (and possibly should be upgraded if we have the funds), I'd still rather stick to the tried and tested of Colo + Williamson. Don't change what is not broken (and it wasn't before the Everton game), although for the Stoke game it might be worth partnering Colo with Campbell if it is true that the latter still retains the physical aspect of his game especially heading away tons and tons of Delap's creative passing!

I hope all this argument in favour of Taylor is at least for him to play at CB. Nobody should ever metion him at RB anymore, the word atrocious is too mild for his performance against Everton. As for CB, although I acknowledge that Williamson is ust above average (and possibly should be upgraded if we have the funds), I'd still rather stick to the tried and tested of Colo + Williamson. Don't change what is not broken (and it wasn't before the Everton game), although for the Stoke game it might be worth partnering Colo with Campbell if it is true that the latter still retains the physical aspect of his game especially heading away tons and tons of Delap's creative passing!

"don't change what is not broken" pretty much sums it up tbh, you sort of hope that Taylor is a better defender (if he isn't then he has regressed backwards a lot in the last few years), but you realy cannot replace Williamson as of current. The latter realy has impressed, for what we all thought he would turn out to be.

• 3 weeks later...