Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Newcastle Utd - 25/08/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is Chris Hughton talking to a giant?

Saying anything of interest?

Something about smelling the blood of an Englishman.

Guest prestonj1989

Is Chris Hughton talking to a giant?

Saying anything of interest?

No, Burton pressed him quite alot about Taylor but he wasnt having any of it.

The ref obviously decided not to spoil Accrington's big night by booking their players. I've seen refs do this before with so-called underdogs and it annoys me. I think there was one card but it should been half a dozen.

I like Lua Lua. He can be frustrating, but he does have the ability to trouble good defenders. Ranger did well considering he was out of position, but needs his head straightening.

The big loser was Lovenkrands. Apart from his goal, he really struggled.

Lua Lua was a big plus, but i did notice he is one of those players who slows down to a virtual standstill and tries to outsmart his marker before taking him on with a dribble. in the premiership you need to go out people full pelt and still be able to perform your tricks to beat them effectively. at times you just want him to run direct and try and beat someone with pace, but overall he did play well and managed to get into plenty of positions where he could deliver some end product.

Krul- 8 Some Outstanding saves-excellent performance.

R.Taylor- 7 Superb goal and generally solid at the back

Tavernier- 7.5 Very impressive-looks a real prospect

Kadar- 7.5 Very solid-looked like the leader at the back and as such marshalled the defence very well

Ferguson -7 Looked solid with a bit of pace.Jury's out still but a promising game nevertheless

Ranger-8 Tireless,had an excellent game.

Donaldson -6 OK but the game passed him by really,did the simple things well enough.

Vuckic- 5 Very disappointing after all I've heard about him.Game passed him by too,anonymous and I thought he was lucky not to see red.

LuaLua -9 My MOTM,worked well 1st half but 2nd half he really shone,pace and trickery and very unlucky not to score.

Ameobi -6 Scored but overall wasn't very good,he did improve as the game went on,which wasn't hard as 1st half he had Krusty's boots on.

Lovenkrands -6 Same as Ameobi really,anonymous but a good athletic finish for his goal.

Kadar- 7.5 Very solid-looked like the leader at the back and as such marshalled the defence very well

Donaldson -6 OK but the game passed him by really,did the simple things well enough.

Vuckic- 5 Very disappointing after all I've heard about him.Game passed him by too,anonymous and I thought he was lucky not to see red.

LuaLua -9 My MOTM,worked well 1st half but 2nd half he really shone,pace and trickery and very unlucky not to score.

Ameobi -6 Scored but overall wasn't very good,he did improve as the game went on,which wasn't hard as 1st half he had Krusty's boots on.

Lovenkrands -6 Same as Ameobi really,anonymous but a good athletic finish for his goal.

Didn't think much of Ferguson then? :)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Where's Ferguson?

Didn't think much of Ferguson then? :)

Where's Ferguson?

We only have 10 players Billy?

:D

BILLY! WHERE'S FERGUSON!? HAHA!

He's there,I'm getting old you know. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul- 8- Some very good saves

R.Taylor-6-Average, good goal

Tavernier- 7- Impressed by him tonight

Kadar-7- Also played quite well

Ferguson-7- Looked nervous but was steady

Ranger- 7- Worked very hard and was dangerous

Donaldson-6- He also worked hard, tried to graft in the midfield

Vuckic-5- Not a very good showing tbh

Lua Lua- 8- Excellent performance. Quick and dangerous

Ameobi- 5- Fair play for the goal but wasn't very good for most of the ga,e

Lovenkrands- 6- Went anonymous for some large periods, but did show some decent movement and grabbed a goal. (And an assist)

Nolan-6- Did nowt.

Ferguson -7 Looked solid with a bit of pace.Jury's out still but a promising game nevertheless

Fixed now....

Was impressed with the youngsters, wouldn't mind Lualua gettinga few cameos when we are 5 or 6 up. Good overall all but all that side proved is that it's a good league 2 side.

Where do you think we should send him on loan then?

Guest palnese

Was impressed with the youngsters, wouldn't mind Lualua gettinga few cameos when we are 5 or 6 up.  Good overall all but all that side proved is that it's a good league 2 side.

I reckon he's missed his chance then O0

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was impressed with the youngsters, wouldn't mind Lualua gettinga few cameos when we are 5 or 6 up.  Good overall all but all that side proved is that it's a good league 2 side.

Is that a serious comment?

Krul 7 - Bit dodgy early on, made some cracking saves in the second half.

Taylor 7 - Decent enough, cracking goal.

Tavernier 8 - Excellent, few errors earlier in the second half but overall did well.

Kadar 8 - See Tav

Ferguson 8 - Like Tavernier and Kadar he looked really assured and didn't give Stanley a lot.

Ranger 8 - For playing on the right wing, he did really well. Strong on the ball, caused them problems and got an assist.

Vuckic 6 - A few decent touches and passes, but didn't have a great game.

Donaldson 5 - Struggled, didn't create much.

Lua Lua 9 - Excellent, pacy got decent deliveries in the box, set up a goal, deserved one of his own.

Ameobi 6 - Took his goal well. Looked fairly strong, a lot of poor shots though.

Lovenkrands 6 - Cracking finish, cleared one off the line at the other end.