Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Newcastle Utd - 25/08/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

I like the look of Tavernier, and was pretty pleased with the display all round from the young 'uns. Ranger and Lua Lua were dangerous and Ferguson looks like he's got something about him. Did the manager proud all of them.

How can you be disappointed with ranger tonight? Did well imo

Especially since he was out on the right wing for much of the game. Ran his socks off I thought and could easily have had a couple of goals.

LuaLua MOM for me, Krul also had a canny match.

Bit disappointed in Vuckic, Ranger and Lov.

Overall a comfortable win without using any of the first team really (ok, Nolan for 3mins)

What did you expect from Loven?

Guest Geordiesned

Bit of bother at the end between Accrington fans and police/stewards according to George Caulkin. Few punches thrown.

I can't see the point of playing Shola through the middle and Ranger on the wing, it should have been the other way around to give Ranger more time attacking.

It was good to see LuaLua doing well on the wing I hope that the kids get all of the cup games.

I think ranger is very frustrating to watch when he is placed on the right wing and not up front.

Most players are uncomfortable when played out of position.

Which is why I thought Ranger did particularly well. He got on with it and gave it a good go.

It's comforting to see that the second string have a bit of promise about them. Disappointed in Vuckic, but Krul, Kazenga, Tavernier, Ferguson all made me want to see more of them. Ranger's a bit too petulant for his own good, perhaps.

Accrington were all right, too. That Ryan is maybe worth keeping an eye on.

Loved how Ranger tried to get into the box when the ball was on the left. What all wingers should be trying to do every time. How many balls do you see roll right across the face of goal with no-one attacking at the back post? For that, Ranger gets a big :thup: from me.

Which is why I thought Ranger did particularly well. He got on with it and gave it a good go.

He got a bit of a kicking at times, I have always wondered if he'd let that sort of thing get to him, he didn't.

It's comforting to see that the second string have a bit of promise about them. Disappointed in Vuckic, but Krul, Kazenga, Tavernier, Ferguson all made me want to see more of them. Ranger's a bit too petulant for his own good, perhaps.

Vuckic needs to start with a few more first team players around him, it would be a lot easier for him and I think he'd fit in really well.  I enjoyed the performance of Ranger and thought he handled the roughing up quite well, he didn't bottle it at all.

Typical Krul wasnt it...

Great reaction saves but always seems to get in some bother when coming out for crosses, corners etc..

Taylor seemed to block his view for the 2nd which was a shame because he didn't deserve to let 2 in.

Vuckic needs to start with a few more first team players around him, it would be a lot easier for him and I think he'd fit in really well.  I enjoyed the performance of Ranger and thought he handled the roughing up quite well, he didn't bottle it at all.

Almost let it get the better of him in the second half, when he got into handbags with whoever it was. But he didn't bottle anything, no. There's something about him, though, that always gives me the impression he thinks he's better than he is, and that temperament, one way or another, is what's holding him back.

Krul needs games unfortunately. I worry his loyalty will kick him in the teeth if Forster accelerates past him development wise, simply because he's getting games.

Yep. Like someone said in the Forster thread, Krul might be the back up for Harper this season and back up for Forster next...

Almost let it get the better of him in the second half, when he got into handbags with whoever it was. But he didn't bottle anything, no. There's something about him, though, that always gives me the impression he thinks he's better than he is, and that temperament, one way or another, is what's holding him back.

I've got no problem with a player sticking up for himself when he's getting a bit of stick, he didn't go over the top, he just let the player know that he wasn't going to just take it. 

Ranger seems arrogant which isn't always a bad thing as long as it's controlled.

I've got no problem with a player sticking up for himself when he's getting a bit of stick, he didn't go over the top, he just let the player know that he wasn't going to just take it. 

Ranger seems arrogant which isn't always a bad thing as long as it's controlled.

Was impressed by his attitude and don't think he did owt wrong.  He tried hard, though it is clear he is no winger

Krul needs games unfortunately. I worry his loyalty will kick him in the teeth if Forster accelerates past him development wise, simply because he's getting games.

Harper will have to pick his game up if he's going to keep Krull out of the team.  I'm a big fan of Harper because I think he's been a better keeper than the number of appearances for us would suggest but he looks like he's on the way down now.