Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

How many times does this dipshit wander offside?  :idiot2:

And..

- Foul opposition defenders.

- Mis-control the ball.

- Pass to the opposition when its easier to put our player through on goal.

He wasn't that bad in fairness for the first half today. He was frustrating as hell the second year though. Despite the fact he has the talent to be half decent I live for the day we get rid. He did at least run a little bit off the ball today, still puts in half his capable shift imo.

On a random note, I dont know why I have never noticed this but does he have a crucifix on his forehead inbetween his eyes?

Guest Howaythetoon

Excellent first half, disappeared in the second. Clearly still not fully match fit but he did well and scored the all important winner.

He's like a mobile wall, the ball comes back off him so often.

That touch to bring down the ball in the air at the beginning of the second half...wow.

Then he ballsed up the pass to Lovelyhands :lol:

If you look at the games where Carroll hasn't played and Shola's been the 'main' forward, he's done very well.

Accrington (a) - goal

Chelsea (a) - two goals

Man City (a) - good performance, denied blatant pen

Wigan (a) - very good performance, goal

Interesting, imo.

If you look at the games where Carroll hasn't played and Shola's been the 'main' forward, he's done very well.

Accrington (a) - goal

Chelsea (a) - two goals

Interesting, imo.

I thought that he was poor against Accrington.

Accrington (a) - goal

Chelsea (a) - two goals

Interesting, imo.

Carroll was on the pitch when he got denied the pen :shifty:

I was up celebrating the headed 'goal' when I realised he'd done the seemingly impossible and missed. At least he got the goal which ended up winning the game. He's a total mixed bag but he's our 3rd highest goal scorer this season with 7 in total. People moan about him and hate him but he has a strange knack of scoring the odd goal for us.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Shola can contribute 10 goals or more in all competitions he'll have proved himself to be a worthy Toon player if you ask me and he's well on course to do just that.

Saw the best and worst of him today.

Missed an absolute sitter in the 1st minute.

Won some headers and scored a tap in.

Strayed offside and does the hard part in controlling the ball but fluffs the easy part of playing a simple pass afterwards.

i won't change my opinion of him though, he's a crock of shit and not good enough or consistent enough.

If Shola can contribute 10 goals or more in all competitions he'll have proved himself to be a worthy Toon player if you ask me and he's well on course to do just that.

His best ever season produced 11 goals. He's on course to beat that I suppose.

Edit: That was in the Championship, 10 is his best when we've been a Prem team.

He certainly is a mixed bag. You really dont know what you are going to get. Today he showed everything, good, bad and the strange.

While i can take some of his usual annoyances such as silly needless fouls and the awful first touch at times i have one particular gripe: His offsides.

I cant believe how an experienced striker struggles with the basics of the game. Today there was a perfect example of this which he has done many a time. He was positioned wide out by the touchline with plenty of space and the nearest defender yards away. barton pings a great cross field ball to him and he steps forward offside. He doesn't move! Hes looking right across the line and he just stays in the same position ball watching. All he has to do is keep inline with the back four which hes in a great position to do. There was space to let the ball go infront of him. He cant run the line whatsoever. You can let him off now and again but its because they are really simple ones which makes it more frustrating.

And its so frustrating because this is an area he could easily improve.

Hes been a good servant to this club, Yeah hes been very poor often at times and has been very inconsistant but despite his shortcomings hes a geordie and theres been much much better players here who have treated this club and supporters like shit and put very little effort in. i like to think he genuinely tries his best every time despite his lack of ability.

He certainly is a mixed bag. You really dont know what you are going to get. Today he showed everything, good, bad and the strange.

While i can take some of his usual annoyances such as silly needless fouls and the awful first touch at times i have one particular gripe: His offsides.

I cant believe how an experienced striker struggles with the basics of the game. Today there was a perfect example of this which he has done many a time. He was positioned wide out by the touchline with plenty of space and the nearest defender yards away. barton pings a great cross field ball to him and he steps forward offside. He doesn't move! Hes looking right across the line and he just stays in the same position ball watching. All he has to do is keep inline with the back four which hes in a great position to do. There was space to let the ball go infront of him. He cant run the line whatsoever. You can let him off now and again but its because they are really simple ones which makes it more frustrating.

Hes been a good servant to this club, Yeah hes been very poor often at times and has been very inconsistant but despite his shortcomings hes a geordie and theres been much much better players here who have treated this club and supporters like s*** and put very little effort in. i like to think he genuinely tries his best every time despite his lack of ability.

Thats what i said,you just used more words :)

Hes been a good servant to this club, Yeah hes been very poor often at times and has been very inconsistant but despite his shortcomings hes a geordie and theres been much much better players here who have treated this club and supporters like shit and put very little effort in. i like to think he genuinely tries his best every time despite his lack of ability.

This had me thinking. He's slightly shitpants at times but he's also a bit of a fucking legend. Gets a lot of stick from the fans (especially today just before he went off), but he's scored some important goals and given us some fucking top moments over the years, agaisnt the soap-dodgers and in Europe for example. Hope when he retires, which will no doubt be at this club ( :undecided::aww:), we give him a good send off and let him know that we love 'im really.