Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest bimpy474

He's always gets goals in these games, people then say he deserves a chance on the Saturday. Saturday comes and he's s***.

Ten years of seeing it you would think people might have learned not to let have that chance but f*** it, let him start Saturday and he can bumble around like he did last Saturday.

No different from what Cisse is doing at present...except, Sholas actually scoring...

True but Cisse hasn't been doing it for ten years. To want Shola to start on Saturday is mental imo.

Guest bimpy474

Let's be honest, he's fucking horseshit and hasn't scored a goal against Prem standard opposition for about 18 months.

And last Saturday (as was Cisse) against a shit West Ham team, he was truly awful, just like he always is when he starts in the premiership.

That would be because he's not a premiership player, far from it.

[quote author=bimpy474 link=topic=71098.msg4601982#msg4601982 date=13777

30392]

He's always gets goals in these games, people then say he deserves a chance on the Saturday. Saturday comes and he's s***.

Ten years of seeing it you would think people might have learned not to let have that chance but f*** it, let him start Saturday and he can bumble around like he did last Saturday.

No different from what Cisse is doing at present...except, Sholas actually scoring...

True but Cisse hasn't been doing it for ten years. To want Shola to start on Saturday is mental imo.

Fair enough, that's your opinion...but to me Shola is at least giving something at present, and whilst he may not be as talented as Cisse, he at least has the professionalism and physical presence for people to look to as a leader at the club and on the pitch. People like Ben Arfa can at least feed off him, he might be shite but he never goes missing.

Anyways, each to their own.

Guest bimpy474

30392]

Fair enough, that's your opinion...but to me Shola is at least giving something at present, and whilst he may not be as talented as Cisse, he at least has the professionalism and physical presence for people to look to as a leader at the club and on the pitch. People like Ben Arfa can at least feed off him, he might be shite but he never goes missing.

You say at the moment, he was truly awful against Wham, played ok for 20 minutes against Morecambe. Now what's he going to be like against Fulham.

He's just rubbish at the top level. I wouldn't start him in the Premiership, ever.

30392]

In this case, being a minority of one does make you wrong.  There are only 13 years of evidence to suggest that Shola will settle back to the utter shit level that he is.  The fact that we are even having this nightmarish conversation highlights how dire our striking options are.

Is dreadful, but if Pardew insists on aimless wellies upfield from the keeper and centre-backs is a better option than playing talented players who are crap in the air.

Which is a bloody awful situation to be in because he's a one goal in six striker and one of the laziest footballers I've ever seen. His 'performance' against Brighton last season was the most embarrassing from a professional I've ever seen.

Will go down as a cult legend and a 'Mackem slayer' but is a testiment to how badly run this club has been in the last 15 years.

Nowt ever sticks upfront with Shola either.  :lol:

TBF these are the exact type of games he should typically be used for. League 1 or 2 cup games, because that MAY be his level on a good day.

Guest fraser

One of life's more simple joys is reading the Shola-hate on here. Reminds me how many buffoons support our club. And KNOW about football.

30392]

Fair enough, that's your opinion...but to me Shola is at least giving something at present, and whilst he may not be as talented as Cisse, he at least has the professionalism and physical presence for people to look to as a leader at the club and on the pitch. People like Ben Arfa can at least feed off him, he might be s**** but he never goes missing.

You say at the moment, he was truly awful against Wham, played ok for 20 minutes against Morecambe. Now what's he going to be like against Fulham.

He's just rubbish at the top level. I wouldn't start him in the Premiership, ever.

Who's to say dropping Cisse for a game and starting Shola wouldn't give Cisse the needed kick up the arse though?

Not necessarily saying we should do that like...

I appreciate form is temporary and class is permanent, but at present there's no class and only Shola with any type of 'form'.

One of life's more simple joys is reading the Shola-hate on here. Reminds me how many buffoons support our club. And KNOW about football.

Shola go work on controlling the ball, and quit whingeing.

30392]

Fair enough, that's your opinion...but to me Shola is at least giving something at present, and whilst he may not be as talented as Cisse, he at least has the professionalism and physical presence for people to look to as a leader at the club and on the pitch. People like Ben Arfa can at least feed off him, he might be s**** but he never goes missing.

In this case, being a minority of one does make you wrong.  There are only 13 years of evidence to suggest that Shola will settle back to the utter s*** level that he is.  The fact that we are even having this nightmarish conversation highlights how dire our striking options are.

Our striking options are dire, I don't disagree. The fact i'm the minority doesn't make me wrong though - that's just stupid to suggest.

Guest bimpy474

30392]

Who's to say dropping Cisse for a game and starting Shola wouldn't give Cisse the needed kick up the arse though?

I appreciate form is temporary and class is permanent, but at present there's no class and only Shola with any type of 'form'.

True and it does show how badly we are up front for numbers. Gomis in and up front it is then :lol:

Guest bimpy474

And use computers.

30392]

True and it does show how badly we are up front for numbers. Gomis in and up front it is then :lol:

:lol:

Aye.

haven't you ever heard the saying: being a minority of one doesn't mean I'm necessarily wrong?  Was my clumsy attempt at referring to it.

I do think the past 13 years (a footballer's lifetime) suggests that you are in the wrong on this one.  FFS, a half century of goals in nearly 300 appearances.  He will never be a sufficient answer, whether it's leveraging him against Cisse or whatever. 

So just 29 more appearances before Shola overtakes Jackie Milburn to enter the top 10 NUFC appearance makers ever.

Another 2 seasons averaging his current amount for the last 3 years (30ish games) should see him just about in the top 5.