Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest Forty Five

Why has he suddenly realised he should be playing? Sounds weird.

He wants to go to the World Cup.

Guest reefatoon

He needs to play football now?

We have needed him to play football for donkeys years and he has failed miserably. Now fuck off you shit cunt.

Guest reefatoon

He's been a good servant to the club and whilst he's not PL class any longer, some of the stick he gets is little short of shameful. Still, the boo-boys need their pound of flesh don't they? w*****s!

Bollocks, he has been absolute garbage. He has been here over a decade and he has probably had about 10 games that were memorable. The rest have been crap.  Nothing to do with boo boys and more to do with knowing a s*** footballer when you see one.  Though you go and enjoy his performances if you like.  Good servant??  f***ing hell

Guest Haris Vuckic

If any of our many managers he's had wanted rid of him, he'd be gone. He's always been decent backup, up until last year.

He scored a couple of important goals tbf.

I like Shola as a person and how much he loves the club, but it doesn't hide the fact that he's fucking shite.

The 'good servant' thing is bollocks too, being paid more than what he's worth year in year out to play for his childhood club despite not being up the task hardly makes a good servant.

It's very rare for footballers to get unanimous respect these days, long term anyway.

Unless they are absolutely class and stay with you their whole career they will be hated eventually, or at least slagged off. Steve Harper is the prime example of this, a good goalkeeper who stayed here his whole career when he could have moved on and probably got a few international calls up but there are still sections of fans who will slag him off for lacking ambition :dontknow: Shearer another example who some rip into for playing on too long and putting himself before the club etc..

My lasting memories of Shola will be a player who had the odd good game but was generally poor, scored a few against our rivals, played through injuries when we desperately needed him and through that caused himself long term damage.

I would rather he just retired now than leave or play on for us next season. He lost that slight 'good enough' factor he had the season we finished 5th where he was a useful sub.

He'll be our manager one day :lol:

It's very rare for footballers to get unanimous respect these days, long term anyway.

Unless they are absolutely class and stay with you their whole career they will be hated eventually, or at least slagged off. Steve Harper is the prime example of this, a good goalkeeper who stayed here his whole career when he could have moved on and probably got a few international calls up but there are still sections of fans who will slag him off for lacking ambition :dontknow: Shearer another example who some rip into for playing on too long and putting himself before the club etc..

My lasting memories of Shola will be a player who had the odd good game but was generally poor, scored a few against our rivals, played through injuries when we desperately needed him and through that caused himself long term damage.

I would rather he just retired now than leave or play on for us next season. He lost that slight 'good enough' factor he had the season we finished 5th where he was a useful sub.

I often wonder what impartial fans of other clubs think of Shola.

Very good post, probably fair assessment of the lad. He was never that good, he should have been moved on many times, but at the same time he worked for us and clearly loves the club. I would go to his testimonial.

I would guess they either don't really know about him or think he is shite.

I remember Sol Campbell saying he was one of the hardest players he has had to deal with and the Arsenal fans even touting him as a signing for them as a defensive midfielder :lol: so they might view him a little more highly.

VI probably wakes up in the middle of the night screaming after Shola's masterclass at the Nou Camp.