Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Best came on and ran like his life depended on it and contributed to the 3rd goal but he wasn't as good in the air as Shola.

cos we weren't exactly trying to break them down at that point.

jeez, that shouldn't need explained.

???

I don't need anything explained fella.  Best's flick ons were aimless regardless of what point of the game we were at, even at 2-0 and 3-0 you still want to keep possession.  Shola was better in the air, face it.

as the MotD montage highlighted some of shola's flicks (which like most flicks from most players are done blind and hopeful) went to other of our players, players who ;ater were much further back due to not wanting to push on. or did most of his flicks find ba... i missed that if it happened.

You would. It doesn't fit your agenda.

While you were on here tapping away at your keyboard my agenda had me losing my voice shouting encouragement to the players.  It’ll not have made much difference but it will have made more of a difference than your support.

Of course I could be wrong and you may have been at the match and you may be the only person who can get a good signal in the ground.

:rolleyes: There's wifi in the exec boxes, or don't you know that?

having shown a decent perfomance last night and getting loads of coverage. 

you think maybe someone would come in for him ???

maybe like a 4 million bid from a team below us??

would be amazing!  :fwap:

Stoke :)

There's no chance of that happening.

i know, but how small of a bid do you think our board would accept? 

2 or 3 million?,  that's if shola would be willing to leave which i doubt.  and he only just signed a new contract a few months back if im not mistaken.

Bless the guy, he's a top fella,and has never given us any trouble, but he's just a very limited striker. 

Guest VaVaVoom

I actually thought he was pretty poop last night bar the odd header. Did knock the ball on for Ba's goal, mind.

This.

Its amazing the differing opinions yet we all watched the same match.

He was lazy, made no effort to run the channels or create space for himself or others, his first touch was shite, his hold up play was inconsistent. The only good thing he done in the entire game was the flick on.

Best, for me, is streets ahead of him. Or should be.

I actually thought he was pretty poop last night bar the odd header. Did knock the ball on for Ba's goal, mind.

i agree, but i didnt want to have a go, so soon after a victorious night.

Shola being poop is just an optical illusion.

This.

He was lazy, made no effort to run the channels or create space for himself or others, his first touch was s****, his hold up play was inconsistent. The only good thing he done in the entire game was the flick on.

exactly thats why i get bemused about how much stick Best get,  when he came on everyone can see just how far ahead technically Best is.  9/10 times when the ball goes to Best he makes it stick,  he's way ahead of even Demba when it comes to that type of play. 

Guest VaVaVoom

This.

He was lazy, made no effort to run the channels or create space for himself or others, his first touch was s****, his hold up play was inconsistent. The only good thing he done in the entire game was the flick on.

exactly thats why i get bemused about how much stick Best get,  when he came on everyone can see just how far ahead technically Best is.  9/10 times when the ball goes to Best he makes it stick,  he's way ahead of even Demba when it comes to that type of play. 

We were in agreement until that last bit about Ba which is bollocks.

Last night showed this.

Ba's hold up play was fantastic, numerous times he brought the ball down with his head or chest, stayed strong and either spun the defender or layed it off.

I thought it was a slightly above average Shola performance, inconsistent and infuriating.  Some sublime moments, some utter shit.  He looked fucked after about half an hour, but in his defence he held it up well most the time and won a few flick ons.  Thought he was one of our poorer players on the night, along with Jonas and R.Taylor.

The love/hate relationship continues!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/07/pardew-wants-fans-to-sho-ameobi-more-love-72703-30075576/#.Twg_CO1O8xI.twitter

ALAN PARDEW wants Newcastle United fans to show Shola Ameobi “more love” as he looks to give the long-serving striker an extended run in his line-up.

The Magpies boss may not see African Cup of Nations-bound Demba Ba again until mid-February – and sees 30-year-old Shola one of his most reliable players.

Ameobi has scored 71 times for Newcastle since debuting in 2000, but Pardew feels the Nigeria-born striker brings so much more to the black-and-whites.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “Since I have been with this football club, I can name two or three occasions when he hasn’t been at his best. Every time I put him out there he does terrific for me.

“I just wish he was loved a bit more by the fans.

“If they had seen him in the dressing room then I think they would all love him.”

:scared: