Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

From what I saw he dominated (the admittedly Championship) defenders today and nodded a lot of decent stuff down in the box. It's just that him and Best/HBA were far too far apart. Not sure whether that was because of tactics or just poor play.

Not saying he was great, but he was decent today I thought.

Yes.

From what I saw he dominated (the admittedly Championship) defenders today and nodded a lot of decent stuff down in the box. It's just that him and Best/HBA were far too far apart. Not sure whether that was because of tactics or just poor play.

A balanced Shola view.  Amazing stuff around here.

It's clear he's put too much bulk on. Stupid fecker.

Pretty much, it's knacked his movement and balance.

As a result, he contributes basically nothing these days (unless he comes off the bench and the opposition are playing at "Shola pace").

was going to say this, he had fuck all support coming in for him from Best/HBA or even from midfield and was very isolated throughout the game surely someone could have given him an option to get the headers he was winning to

This 'won lots of headers' thing would hold more water if he'd actually headed them into useful space. But he didn't. They all but a few went to the opposition. Wouldn't have mattered if Best and co were two feet away.

Where was he meant to put said headers though? He put the majority into exactly the places he should've been headng them. Best was horrible today.

Guest VaVaVoom

You knnow from workin at the golf course he used to play at and talkin to him a good few times i like the bloke but i hate the pathetic excuse of a footballer inside him. Just let it go shola man.

He's a local lad playing for the club he loves, so why does he never look bothered and why is he so lazy? We'd all run ourselves into the ground for this club and he just doesn't seem to care. Now there are some players who are just naturally laid back and have the talent to get away with it, but Shola has never had that. Him being a Premiership footballer in 2012 is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

Hopefully that was his last start for a long, long time.

He's a local lad playing for the club he loves, so why does he never look bothered and why is he so lazy? We'd all run ourselves into the ground for this club and he just doesn't seem to care. Now there are some players who are just naturally laid back and have the talent to get away with it, but Shola has never had that. Him being a Premiership footballer in 2012 is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

Hopefully that was his last start for a long, long time.

in his defence, i don't think he's actually lazy.

i think he's athletically challenged, and no im not trying to be funny.  If you watch shola run, he gets off the mark as in acceleration, really slowly, that is due his lack of natural physical abilities.

I came to this conclusion, and it is quite clear, watch when he runs at full speed and when he needs to stop, i.e. stopping the ball from running out, or stopping to not clatter into a team mate or the opposition etc,

he struggles, completely,

his deceleration is just as bad as his acceleration.  I'm not a sports scientist, but by just observing and noticing these vital traits he has, it's very damning.  I can only guess is that his history of injuries (hip problems) have clearly damaged his future in this game,  when he first broke into our team, his technical abilities were raw if not questionable, but never his physical abilities, he was fast, agile and explosive.

athletically, now he is just a shadow of what he was,  and sadly his technical abilities are nowhere near good enough for him to adapt himself to the game.  it's sad really.  you could say it was too much too young.  the boy has too much wear and tear and i believe his game don't belong to higher tier of this industry.

Guest hobshobs

was going to say this, he had f*** all support coming in for him from Best/HBA or even from midfield and was very isolated throughout the game surely someone could have given him an option to get the headers he was winning to

Support. How the hell can a player support a fellow player who is incapable of controlling a ball, passing a ball, in fact even being able to move at any decent speed. When I first saw Ameobi I thought he was s*** and have seen nothing to change my mind through the years. Don't blame him any more though. Has reached a stage where the manager has to shoulder the blame. Making him captain just defies logic. No work rate, no motivation, no ability, nothing to warrant being made captain apart from the fact he has been around for years. Young Shane Ferguson did more in his short appearance that the totally and utterly gormless Ameobi. Before anybody asks I'm not really a Shola fan.

Holy crap his contract doesn't expire until 2014!

Was trying to forget why I was drinking so much, thanks for the reminder  :weep: