Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/5B776FD565D563CF80257849002632BC?OpenDocument

So the big news this week seems to be that Shola Ameobi is about to rejoin the first team, way ahead of schedule, providing he finds playing with a mask/shield/protector thingy isn’t too uncomfortable. Of course, it is no forgone conclusion he will appear this Saturday but you just get that feeling that he’ll get cut no slack in the stands should he (once again) put his body on the line for United. I always get the impression that many in our number are just waiting for him to make a mistake, so they can slate him. The amazing thing is, this lad his turned out with worse knocks than have kept many players out of the firing line. He’s even played left midfield under the clot, Graeme Souness. Yet his reward seems to be being mocked or made a scapegoat of. As far as returning early from broken bone injuries to get back for the Mags, if I remember rightly, then Shearer and his plaster cast down at Fulham was the last to go this far. Yet I’ve seen wankers like Scott Parker walk off crying because of a total accident where another player suffered a painful injury and leave us right in the shit to the point where we’ve surrendered our lead, tell the East Stand to “Fuck Off” and receive standing ovations. Shola will never be everyone’s favourite, probably because of his ‘awkward’ style but you’ve got to admire his commitment to our just and righteous cause. Let’s face it (see what I did there?) he could have the rest of the season off with this injury, no questions asked, bank his wages and potentially be immune should the unthinkable happen in May, but he’s not. Just bear that in mind, when, undoubtedly, the offside flag goes up and no. 23 is the culprit!

I agree  :undecided:

He's not good enough and I don't care how often he plays with injuries.  He deserves some credit for it but it doesn't make him and better than he actually is and he doesn't have a good 90 minutes often enough when played, for whatever reason.

He's not good enough and I don't care how often he plays with injuries.  He deserves some credit for it but it doesn't make him and better than he actually is and he doesn't have a good 90 minutes often enough when played, for whatever reason.

Not his fault he is picked though.

Not his fault he is picked though.

Frankly it's a fucking joke that he's our best striker.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/5B776FD565D563CF80257849002632BC?OpenDocument

So the big news this week seems to be that Shola Ameobi is about to rejoin the first team, way ahead of schedule, providing he finds playing with a mask/shield/protector thingy isn’t too uncomfortable. Of course, it is no forgone conclusion he will appear this Saturday but you just get that feeling that he’ll get cut no slack in the stands should he (once again) put his body on the line for United. I always get the impression that many in our number are just waiting for him to make a mistake, so they can slate him. The amazing thing is, this lad his turned out with worse knocks than have kept many players out of the firing line. He’s even played left midfield under the clot, Graeme Souness. Yet his reward seems to be being mocked or made a scapegoat of. As far as returning early from broken bone injuries to get back for the Mags, if I remember rightly, then Shearer and his plaster cast down at Fulham was the last to go this far. Yet I’ve seen wankers like Scott Parker walk off crying because of a total accident where another player suffered a painful injury and leave us right in the shit to the point where we’ve surrendered our lead, tell the East Stand to “Fuck Off” and receive standing ovations. Shola will never be everyone’s favourite, probably because of his ‘awkward’ style but you’ve got to admire his commitment to our just and righteous cause. Let’s face it (see what I did there?) he could have the rest of the season off with this injury, no questions asked, bank his wages and potentially be immune should the unthinkable happen in May, but he’s not. Just bear that in mind, when, undoubtedly, the offside flag goes up and no. 23 is the culprit!

I agree  :undecided:

I agree too. It's not just on the terraces too, people like Kaka on here were calling him worse than shite for getting injured ffs.

Tbf to Shola, he's been quite superb in some matches. His hold up play has been nothing more than fantastic. Unlike before, he now passes the ball when players overlap him. His play has also allowed the rest of the team to move higher up. Losing the ball in such situations is dangerous because we will be weak for counterattacks.  Due to our lack of depth, he's even played some games semi injured. Also, we've not been playing with an attacker that complements him. A fast, industrious attacker ala Bellamy in our side, could have benefited Shola big time imo.