Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Bossed the centre halves for the first hour last weekend. I like Shola me, I don't think he's a great footballer due to his incosistency, but I don't think he is as untalented as many make him out to be.

Guest toonlass

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1111/19272639.gif

Is there any way I can get this image on a t-shirt?

Forget the T-Shirt, an image of that quality should be tattooed on you man!

• 2 weeks later...

Best is in better form, but Shola's hold up play is of massive use to the team. They should be our front 2 with Ranger and Kuqi on the bench and Lovenkrands nowhere near the squad.

Shola can't hold up play for falling down man, he is utter shit.

Best is more mobile, more of a goal threat and a much harder grafter.

Shola's not shit. He is inconsistent. He can be brilliant one game and horse shit the next. Don't get me wrong, he's no Pele, but he still gets a lot more stick than other players for no real good reason.

most annoying player i've ever seen play for us tbh, even though he puts a good shift in now and then he's so infuriatingly shit at times i cant stand him. the inconsistency would be bad enough, but its stuff like still not knowing the offside rule and the occasions when you KNOW he's gonna foul the defender when he doesnt need to that pushes me over the edge. that and seeing him trotting around with absolutely no urgency. cant wait to be rid of him.

Guest hobshobs

Shola Ameobi is the pefect example of why Newcastle United have been where they are for many years. He looks interested occasionally, has a good game occasionally and gives 100% very very occasionally. Outwith the money issue - there is little or no difference between Shola and little Michael Owen. Both paid very very well for doing very very little. Both regularly injured and both regularly not showing anything like full commitment on the pitch. Owen had more talent that's about the only difference really.

He's played through injuries for the benefit of the team, he's nothing like Owen.  Can you imagine Owen playing with a fractured cheekbone and then taking off his mask against doctor's advice?

Guest hobshobs

He's played through injuries for the benefit of the team, he's nothing like Owen.  Can you imagine Owen playing with a fractured cheekbone and then taking off his mask against doctor's advice?

Come on. This came straight from Mr. Pardew. This is the guy who thinks Nolan should be starting for England and thinks we played well at Blackpool on Saturday.