Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

As an FYI - Can't be bothered to do a proper list, so going off FF, these are the fourth choice strikers at other Prem clubs (assuming he is behind the three Bs of Ba, Best and Ben Arfa here)

Arsenal - Vela

Villa - Delfouneso

Blackburn - Rochina

Bolton - None listed

Chelsea - Sturridge

Everton - Gueye

Fulham - None listed

Liverpool - N'Gog

Citeh - Balotelli

Man Utd - Welbeck

Norwich - Morison

QPR - Mackie

Stoke - None listed

Mackems - Dong-Jon Wi

Swansea - Moore

Spurs - Keane

WBA - Miller

Wigan - None listed

Wolves - Vokes

Shola gets way too much stick. He is massively frustration to watch a lot of times but he has had his quality moments for us at times. I'd much rather see him on the field than Ranger and Loven at the moment. We are not in a position to lose any more strikers until one comes in at least. That being said I wouldn't be broken hearted to see him sold. I think he deserves a little respect though. #nottheworsepersonatNUFC

As an FYI - Can't be bothered to do a proper list, so going off FF, these are the fourth choice strikers at other Prem clubs (assuming he is behind the three Bs of Ba, Best and Ben Arfa here)

Arsenal - Vela

Villa - Delfouneso

Blackburn - Rochina

Bolton - None listed

Chelsea - Sturridge

Everton - Gueye

Fulham - None listed

Liverpool - N'Gog

Citeh - Balotelli

Man Utd - Welbeck

Norwich - Morison

QPR - Mackie

Stoke - None listed

Mackems - Dong-Jon Wi

Swansea - Moore

Spurs - Keane

WBA - Miller

Wigan - None listed

Wolves - Vokes

Is this supposed to be helping your argument? Because it isn't :razz:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He'll show you all when he scores the winning goal against Man U this season. HE'LL SHOW YOU ALL! ALL OF YOU! i hope.

Was tremendous for us in the championship, he chipped in with more goals than Lovenkrands (or did he? I cant be arsed checking) and was more effective than him last season. I'd rather keep Shola ahead of the him as 3rd/4th choice.

Wor Sherla  :smitten:

Part of the reason they might want to keep him around, may be to help bring his younger brother through, who looks like he may be a decent prospect.

Brotherly love. :lol:

Sammy_Ameobi Samuel Ameobi

Good to know he's still gonna be around for a few more years :)

Sammy's contract is up in June. It's very possible that this was a consideration assuming we rate him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was tremendous for us in the championship, he chipped in with more goals than Lovenkrands (or did he? I cant be arsed checking) and was more effective than him last season. I'd rather keep Shola ahead of the him as 3rd/4th choice.

Wor Sherla  :smitten:

Lovenkrands must have got more than Shola in the Championship season?

Shola 11, Loven 16 I think. Lovenkrands played more though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah, Shola had about four months out.

Yeah, Shola had about four months out.

Aye, Loven played about 10 more games.

These days contracts don't imply a commitment from either the player or the club. For all we know they've got him to sign a new contract so they can sell him to a struggling Premiership or top Championship club. If he's got 2 years to go on his contract then the club would get some sort of fee. But I'm not bothered if he goes or stays tbh, it doesn't sound like the club see him as the answer to our striker shortage and that's fine by me.

I'm not surprised. He may miscontrol the ball more than most, but in certain situations, he can cause problems for even the best defenders.

Successive managers have rated him more highly than the supporters, and I think that's the reason why. You can find plenty of strikers whose weaknesses aren't so glaring, but who don't actually have anything in their armoury that the better defences can't handle comfortably.

It's just a different way of assessing a player.

This is the biggest load of crap any of you will read today.

Would you like to share with the rest of us your explanation for why he's survived at the club so long? If he's as bad as you make out, he seems to have fooled quite a number of managers.

Didn't fool the one with sense.

I'm not surprised. He may miscontrol the ball more than most, but in certain situations, he can cause problems for even the best defenders.

Successive managers have rated him more highly than the supporters, and I think that's the reason why. You can find plenty of strikers whose weaknesses aren't so glaring, but who don't actually have anything in their armoury that the better defences can't handle comfortably.

It's just a different way of assessing a player.

This is the biggest load of crap any of you will read today.

Would you like to share with the rest of us your explanation for why he's survived at the club so long? If he's as bad as you make out, he seems to have fooled quite a number of managers.

He's a Geordie and the managers think the fans love him because some clueless cretins chant his name (hopefully) ironically.

Sholameobi Shola Ameobi

Jesus Christ, what have I become?

10 minutes ago

Sholameobi Shola Ameobi

They're done now, I can't undo them.

11 minutes ago

»

Sholameobi Shola Ameobi

I don't really want to talk about it.

11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sholameobi Shola Ameobi

Never thought I'd be willing to do some of the things that I done to get that contract, I must say.

12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:lol: