Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

So would I.

It's not enough.

It's been enough in the past so I have no reason to think it'll not be the same this time.

If he plays then I hope he scores obviously. I'm just against picking him on the basis he's scored against them before a few times. If he's fit and firing then fair enough, just don't put him on the teamsheet because he got 2 against them last year.

They are scared of him btw. :lol:

This motivation business is a load of crap. He scores against the Mackems because they have perennially been s*** when we play them. Wes Brown will laugh him off the park on Saturday

He's played against plenty of shit teams and hasn't scored as many against other teams as he has against the mackems that I can think of.

He speaks:

Shola Ameobi eyes seven-up at Sunderland

TYNE-WEAR derby menace Shola Ameobi is hoping to move a step closer to one of his lifetime ambitions against one of the sides who fear him the most on Saturday – arch rivals Sunderland.

The striker sits on 70 goals for the Magpies but wants to reach at least a ton in black and white before he is done with United, and knows there is no better team for him to open his account against for the new season.

Ameobi was today backed by Toon legend Alan Shearer to keep on piling the misery on the Wearsiders as he looks to add to the SIX goals already in his special derby collection.

The player may well split opinion among United fans – yet only the great Jackie Milburn has more derby goals at the top of the exclusive list with 11, while Shola lies level on six with Albert Shepherd.

Ameobi could even surpass Wor Jackie’s tally if he keeps up his derby exploits during the remainder of his contract.

The striker told the Chronicle: “I know if I can stay fit, I do not see any reason why I cannot get to treble figures.

“Every time I score, it is a great feeling. I do not really pay too much attention to statistics and stuff like that.

“I just try to do my best on a game-to-game basis, but it is great to be able to say I have scored that many goals for the club I support and love.

“Hopefully, I can add to that tally.”

Ameobi has scored some big goals in his time at St James’ Park with strikes in the Champions League, Uefa Cup and some vital Premier League goals.

His double against Sunderland last term also elevated his place in Geordie folklore following another impressive brace back in 2005 in a 3-2 win.

He was also on hand to save blushes in 2009 under Joe Kinnear.

His solitary strike at the Stadium of Light coincided with United’s only defeat on Wearside in three decades.

Ameobi has just signed a new two-year extension to his United deal and wants to make sure he reaches 100 goals before the end of that contract.

He added: “Every striker wants to score as many goals as he can, and treble figures is something I want to target.

“I know if I can stay fit, I don’t see any reason why I cannot get to treble figures.

“I want to stay healthy over the next two years and help the club achieve the goals Alan Pardew and the club have.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/18/shola-ameobi-eyes-seven-up-at-sunderland-72703-29256666/#.Tkz8lle6uIs.twitter#ixzz1VNfgXKbp

Guest icemanblue

Will start against Sunderland. Source - nufc.co.uk

Hitler's moving into Poland, in other recent developments.

:lol:

Tension.

Was watching a game in Australia a few years back and the commentator said that he thought that Shola just didnt have the 'competitive edge' to be a top player.

I thought that was quite a good observation - fits in with what Ive seen from him. Hes always been useless coming into a game off the bench cold - his complete lack of impact is in contrast even to the likes of Ranger and LuaLua.

Ive a vague recollection from years ago of him getting wound up by a whack off a defender early on and then being amazing in that game. His record against Sunderland suggests that when he gets himself fired up he can have a good game