Nassim Boukhelifa

BeloEmre

Sounds good whether we sign this kid or not.

Getting in youngsters like this was always a good idea, so It's nice to see we remain reasonably focused on doing so. Think recently the likes of Vuckic, Ranger, Kadar, Bassong etc were all brought in under similar circumstances. We've made a massive profit on one of them and the other 3 are still young but pushing for places in a Premier League side.

It could save us a lot in the long run. Plus these players don't have to fill a squad position either if they are very good.

About £2m spent combined on N'Zogbia & Bassong...around £17m brought in. Not a bad little market to work in. Throw in the fact we got Bernard for nowt and got 2-3 good seasons out of him as well and it's not bad at all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nassim Boukhelifa has returned to France. He trained with Newcastle about a week ago. He had pace and good technique but his first touch was awful. Don't know where his future will be.

:dowie:

First Touch and technique are not one and the same you know. General technique over the ball can include control over it while dribbling, being able to manipulate the ball's flight, as well as the how well the player can make contact with the ball. First touch is what it says it is, how well the play utilises a first touch, this can be close control, or pushing the ball into space away from defenders to buy time.

Here let me just... wipe that egg off your Dowie Face. There we go :)

Nassim Boukhelifa has returned to France. He trained with Newcastle about a week ago. He had pace and good technique but his first touch was awful. Don't know where his future will be.

:dowie:

First Touch and technique are not one and the same you know. General technique over the ball can include control over it while dribbling, being able to manipulate the ball's flight, as well as the how well the player can make contact with the ball. First touch is what it says it is, how well the play utilises a first touch, this can be close control, or pushing the ball into space away from defenders to buy time.

Here let me just... wipe that egg off your Dowie Face. There we go :)

So there's no technique involved in a persons first touch? :lol:

i attribute technique to the quality of a persons first touch that's all, not contentious as you say just thought the two were amusing so close together, trying to think of a footballer with a shit first touch and good general technique....or indeed vice versa

shola springs to mind for the shit first touch, not sure you could say his technique was good though :lol:

EDIT: http://expertfootball.com/training/control.php

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I never said first touch wasn't a technique, only that they weren't the same thing - its a football technique, just as volleying a ball is. I have a good first touch, but a terrible technique over the ball in general, for example.  :doh:

I never said first touch wasn't a technique, only that they weren't the same thing - its a football technique, just as volleying a ball is. I have a good first touch, but a terrible technique over the ball in general, for example.  :doh:

a little liberal with the :doh: 's aren't we bonny lad? 

so good first touch isn't the same as good technique, but "it's a football technique"...hm

you have to take technique as a package or you'd need to break down every aspect of every players game and rate them accordingly, you can't fucking say player 'x' has "good technique" but then say he's shit at something that is part and parcel of it surely?

you can't say a striker has "good technique" if he can't head or shoot for example, but can kill the ball stone dead from 70 yards every time

anyways semantics, nevermind

I agree completely with Mr Mojo's post but the only part i don't is the "bonny lad" bit, tad condescending...

I have never heard of a player having good technique and not being able to control a ball on first touch, doesn't make sense tbf...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sorry, but First Touch and Technique are not one and the same thing, and its entirely possible to have one without the other. Technique isn't another word for First Touch, its a category of footballing ability, and can mean several things. I'm not sure why you can't grasp that.

Heading - Technique

Passing - Technique

Shooting - Technique

Control - Technique

Dribbling - Technique

and so on.

The post simply said that he had good technique but poor first touch, I don't see the issue with that. Simply means that his overall game was decent, but his first touch was poor. Though I'm not so sure why I should be surprised when I'm trying to explain this to someone who sprouts the phrase 'Bonny Lad' about like he was the PE Teacher from 'Kes' who wasn't exactly the greatest at football.

What you're suggesting would mean that every footballer was crap as they weren't the complete package technique wise. Messi is rubbish as his defensive technique is poor. Ameobi has terrible technique, but still manages to score goals. Andy Carroll's technique isn't the greatest either, sloppy foot connections and shinners a plenty last season, but he's still a good forward. Until last season Wayne Rooney was shite in the air, but according to you because he couldn't header (before last season) he'd be a shit forward.

Just feel its a little blind to group everything under one label of 'technique', if you did so, how would you know how to coach and improve that aspect of their game? Or highlight and exploit a poor technique when facing the opposition?

And for the record the 'doh' was at my inability at playing football.

Guest MrBrown

First touch is just one facet of technique. Some of my beginning defenders have a decent first touch- they can control a ball, but they can't kick or pass it. So they're technically deficient in a very important area. The same would be true if applied in reverse.

First touch is just one facet of technique. Some of my beginning defenders have a decent first touch- they can control a ball, but they can't kick or pass it. So they're technically deficient in a very important area. The same would be true if applied in reverse.

You own defenders?  ???

So they are letting you teach English AND coach football? Fuck me.

So they are letting you teach English AND coach football? Fuck me.

Just so long as he doesn't teach music!

Personally, I reckon somebodies first touch comes under their level of ball control which requires technique...

There is a technique to everything in sport, but technique is subjective rather than objective. What some people believe is good technique may be because it is the norm, but good technique, in reality is whatever works for the individual.

Kenobi, you keep repeating what I'm saying using different words.  The original post said about an attacking midfielder that he had good technique but a shit first touch.

Anyone with any sense associates the relevant techniques (which you neatly and correctly categorise) with a players position and judges their technique accordingly.  Therefore your Messi comparison is poor as defensive technique, which is a spurious concept anyway, is not necessarily always required in an AM/FW depending the team he plays for.

First touch, for an attacking midfielder, is a pretty fucking important technical attribute I'd say.  But that's just me bonny lad ;)

Not being funny, but I've always wondered what technique represents in the FM games given that there are seperate attributes for first touch, dribbling, finishing, heading etc. Can you explain please Chris?

Not being funny, but I've always wondered what technique represents in the FM games given that there are seperate attributes for first touch, dribbling, finishing, heading etc. Can you explain please Chris?

It seems we're both called Chris, and frankly I honestly can't.

It seems we're both called Chris, and frankly I honestly can't.

One has Chris in his name, the other names himself after an erection.