Sels

Janmaat  Mbemba    Lascellas    Gamez

Hayden    Shelvey

Ritchie      Diame          Perez 

Gayle

Team against Huddersfield?

Agree 100%.

Guest Gomez

I'm not fully convinced by him, but seeing the Fulham game makes me think Shelvey has to play. We'll be playing against a lot of teams who'll sit off us and he's really the only player we have who'll put his foot on the ball and has the range of passing to allow us to control games.

I'd love to see us with a Cabaye type midfielded who can dictate the play and also contribute defensively. Not sure who's out there though

I'd start Shelvey next game, I do understand Rafa being reluctant to play him though

Really poor at winning the ball back, still not seen him run either

Charged around like a loon last time he came in as a sub (Fulham). Looked funny at times (ha-ha as well as weird) but can't recall him actually winning possession at any point, though may well have done.

If we had any other options who can win the ball back I would agree, unfortunately the alternative is Colback who does nothing in or out of possession.

Said it in the Colback thread, but surely if Hayden is playing as the defensive midfielder, we don't really need Anita and Colback in the team? I'm not a fan of Shelvey, but him and Diame could at least provide some attacking impetus which we aren't going to get from those two.

I think the fact Ritchie looks most comfortable at RW means we'd keep him central my mate. Unlikely to stay, obviously. I'd hope if we sold him we'd reinvest in a midfielder.

Agreed, I'd say Aarons/Perez at LW, Moussa directly behind the striker, Ritchie RW and Diame and Hayden centrally (when we're not in possession) but in reality with the ball you'd want Sissoko & Diame basically further forward next to each other with Aarons/Perez and Ritchie furthest wide. Hayden basically sitting.

Really think if we were to get a proper winger and another striker we're set. If we sell Sissoko I'd hope we'd sign a proper creative attacking midfielder who can play next to Diame or play further forward.

I'd have Anita, ahead of Janmaat (at RB), in my back four as well. I think the former is a more efficient & disciplined defender, particularly when isolated. Janmaat is too untrustworthy. Anita's technically sound and offers enough going forward. For me there's major question marks hanging over Perez, who has looked out of sorts for quite some time - leaning towards Aarons in the battle for any left sided attacking slot.

Obviously any strongest XI doesn't include Colback.

Just wondering what signing Galloway could do for Gamez. I'm convinced he's probably our best RB and feel people talking about his weakness in attack is subjective when he was in a league with Marcelo :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Sels

Yedlin - Lascelles - Mbemba - Lazaar

Hayden - Shelvey

Ritchie                            New player

Gayle - Mitrovic

Sels

Gamez - Lascelles - Mbemba - Lazaar

Hayden

Ritchie - Diame - Atsu

Gayle - Mitro

fuck 4231 and 2 DM's. All out attack in this shit league!

Under the cosh it can adapt into a 4-4-1-1 with Gayle in behind, if needs be