Strongest Eleven

Guest BooBoo

Guest Rey Mysterio

Krul - S. Taylor, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique - Tioté, Barton, Guthrie - Ben Arfa, Carroll, Jonas

Would be my team if everyone was fit.

Thats a cracking team you have there. If Sol could play every game like he did against Man City then he could warrant a place but that midfield looks really tasty.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul/Harps

Saylor  Campbell  Coloccini      Enrique

Tiote

Barton

Routledge                                    Jonas

Guthrie

Carroll

HBA in for Guthrie when he's back,

I agree on that, it's very weak behind Carroll in the ranks.

I feel like it's anyone except Ameobi at this point, and Xisco would at least have some kind of work rate in comparison to Ameobi.

Why was Xisco suspended though, compared to the De Jong incident?

Straight red for violent conduct = 3 games suspension

It's a lesser of five evils. Xisco, simply because he's quicker than Shola and generally a better footballer than the rest.

I'm not sure Xisco has proven he's a better footballer than the rest while he's been here.

It's a lesser of five evils. Xisco, simply because he's quicker than Shola and generally a better footballer than the rest.

I'm not sure Xisco has proven he's a better footballer than the rest while he's been here.

It's just an opinion. Lovenkrands is 30, invisible outside the box, has iffy finishing and pretty much relies on a lot of chances being created and poor defending in order to be effective.

Best has a very poor touch, shares Shola's clumsiness and has a poor goal record even a tier below.

Ranger could very well amount to something at Championship level or above but he's a striker still learning to be a striker. He should be getting games in a lower league and learning his way up.

Shola, i'm not even going to bother.

Leaves Xisco and Carroll, there's no reason the pair of them shouldn't get a chance to play together at SJP.

Ranger has shown far more for us than Xisco, imo of course.

That doesn't count for some reason, and it would appear that Lovenkrands having a goal every three games and Shola having a goal every four games rather than one in nine doesn't count.

Count against what, Xisco? :lol:

Shola and Lovenkrands are pretty poor footballers who've mostly demonstrated this for the best part of a decade, Xisco isn't, that's just my opinion.

If we're going to play the stupid stats game, Xisco could actually be made to look better than Ranger, Loven and Shola. But he's only started 3 league games for us, so stats are a bit pointless here. Unless you're a small-minded old bigot like Mick.

Count against what, Xisco? :lol:

Shola and Lovenkrands are pretty poor footballers who've mostly demonstrated this for the best part of a decade, Xisco isn't, that's just my opinion.

If we're going to play the stupid stats game, Xisco could actually be made to look better than Ranger, Loven and Shola. But he's only started 3 league games for us, so stats are a bit pointless here. Unless you're a small-minded old bigot like Mick.

Bigot  :lol:

I'd give Ranger a chance with Jonas in that 4-3-2-1 formation that we played against Man City. I don't have much faith in Routledge any more.

As for Xisco, you feel there's a better player in there than his performances would indicate. Not great, but better. His brain doesn't seem to function the minute he steps on the pitch.

• 2 months later...

With HBA and Gosling back...

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini    Enrique

Barton (V.C)  Nolan ©  Tiote    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Subs- Harper, Campbell, Williamson, Gosling, Guthrie, Ranger, Ameobi

or put HBA in Jonas' position, and put a (new) striker up top with AC9?

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton      Nolan    Tiote    Ben Arfa

Carroll  A.N Other

No way our strongest XI is a 4-5-1 formation - we've shown in recent weeks that we're best in a 4-4-2.

We've shown we are not good in a 4-4-1-1 with Nolan behind Carroll, not with Hatem.

But yeah, the 4-4-2 is the other option like I suggested, we need another striker a lot