League Cup 3rd Round - Chelsea (a)

Decky

If we get in HBA and Keane or another striker, that's already 3 players better off plus Sol and hopefully Guthrie compared to what we had at Accrington. Second team will be much stronger than Wednesday's team I'd wager.

If we get in HBA and Keane or another striker, that's already 3 players better off plus Sol and hopefully Guthrie compared to what we had at Accrington. Second team will be much stronger than Wednesday's team I'd wager.

Hughton is clever enough to know that the Accrington won't have any chance against Chelsea.

He'll mix both teams up, will put some fringe players like Lovenkrands, Shola, Krul and Ryan Taylor into our Premier League team and that's it.

Smith, Sol (match fitness), Kadar, plus the 4 you mentioned, and whoever's not been in the team out of Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Barton, Jonas, Routledge, Tiote etc (they can't all play in the league, obviously), it won't be that bad of a line-up to be honest. The Chelsea teams from last season suggest they won't play their best 11, the likes of Ferreira, Turnbull, Zirkhov, Dan Sturridge...shouldn't be a mauling at least.

Couldn't care less about this competition

Couldn't have a more different attitude personally. What would you be saying if you got Northampton at home then an easy draw in the next round? It's a good shot at a trophy. Very unlucky with the draw on this occasion, fwiw.

Couldn't have a more different attitude personally. What would you be saying if you got Northampton at home then an easy draw in the next round? It's a good shot at a trophy. Very unlucky with the draw on this occasion, fwiw.

The same thing.

It's a god awful tournament that needs to be scrapped.

The same thing.

It's a god awful tournament that needs to be scrapped.

Why?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

The less games we are involved in the less likely we are to suffer injuries. The PL is more important this season.

It's completely pointless.  We have the FA Cup, what's the point in having another tournament that consists of all the same teams?  All it does is cause fixture congestion.

All the other top footballing counrties only have 1 domestic cup.

The less games we are involved in the less likely we are to suffer injuries. The PL is more important this season.

Oh dear, not this again. :facepalm:

I told you before man. One more game and all our players die. It's a well known fact.

It's completely pointless.  We have the FA Cup, what's the point in having another tournament that consists of all the same teams?  All it does is cause fixture congestion.

All the other top footballing counrties only have 1 domestic cup.

I agree it's not necessary or has the prestige of the FA Cup. However it's a cup nonetheless and I'd want my team to take it seriously.

Get the kids in and hope Chelsea play their kids..we might stand a chance.

:lol:

[in the dressing room]

Hughton: It's ok lads, Carlo told me they'd play their kids, so you lot, this is a big night in your careers, go out there and...

Ancelotti: Erm... Chris. John, Frank and Didier were just passing by and, well, they really fancied a kickabout. Soz'ard.

Hughton: D'oh!