Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Watching that again pissed me even more off about Barton's treatment and confirmed the goal was just one of those things, pretty unstoppable and if you blame the defender/s for every goal scored like that then there is no such thing as a good defender.

Watching that again pissed me even more off about Barton's treatment and confirmed the goal was just one of those things, pretty unstoppable and if you blame the defender/s for every goal scored like that then there is no such thing as a good defender.

aye, quite often our goals are the results of good play and finishing but the oppos goals are defensive mistakes.

I have to say, I think he's a decent player, but I really, really do not like Barton as a person (for the easy to guess reasons, but then again, who does).

Having said that, I was really impressed with him for keeping his cool yesterday, having seen the way Wolves clearly targeted him and tried to get him to lose it.

Fair play.

I have to say, I think he's a decent player, but I really, really do not like Barton as a person (for the easy to guess reasons, but then again, who does).

Having said that, I was really impressed with him for keeping his cool yesterday, having seen the way Wolves clearly targeted him and tried to get him to lose it.

Fair play.

The only thing he did wrong was walk away from the referee when he was booking him, he was never going to change his mind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307290/Wolves-1-Newcastle-1-Karl-Henry-insists-tackle--like-Joey-Barton.html

'He (Barton) seems to think he's a bit of a player who puts his foot in. But I didn't see any of that from him. I saw him shoving players off the ball a lot.

'Me? I love getting stuck in. I enjoy these games. There wasn't too much quality, but I knew it was going to be physical with Alan Smith and him in there. I've got a lot of time for Smith. He was saying, "Well done, good battle", and he loves it. He loves getting tackled as much as he tackles.

'I'm the same, I love a good honest tackle. I don't mind getting tackled, either. But Barton was in the ref's ear all the time and not happy about getting put to the floor.

'We'll have more of the same when we go up to their place. He was even whining at the end. Something was going on with our gaffer (Mick McCarthy), a lot of talk. And, as usual, nothing to back it up.'

Wanker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307290/Wolves-1-Newcastle-1-Karl-Henry-insists-tackle--like-Joey-Barton.html

'He (Barton) seems to think he's a bit of a player who puts his foot in. But I didn't see any of that from him. I saw him shoving players off the ball a lot.

'Me? I love getting stuck in. I enjoy these games. There wasn't too much quality, but I knew it was going to be physical with Alan Smith and him in there. I've got a lot of time for Smith. He was saying, "Well done, good battle", and he loves it. He loves getting tackled as much as he tackles.

'I'm the same, I love a good honest tackle. I don't mind getting tackled, either. But Barton was in the ref's ear all the time and not happy about getting put to the floor.

'We'll have more of the same when we go up to their place. He was even whining at the end. Something was going on with our gaffer (Mick McCarthy), a lot of talk. And, as usual, nothing to back it up.'

w*****.

He's setting himself up.  :lol:

w*****.

you know what, till saturday afternoon i'd never heard of him.

w*****.

just know bartons gunna hack him every time he has the ball at sjp  :smitten:

When I used to play I would be "commited" and would respect the same treatment back, especially if they didn't whinge, just got on with it but made sure they would give the same back. With Barton it was nothing like that though, he did stupidly well not to react because I would have expected anyone to have seen red at that let alone Joey fucking Barton. We saw a miracle yesterday and Henry should just be thankful he was alive to give that interview :lol:

As the time builds up and he has more time to think about it I would advise Henry to miss the repeat as I fear Barton will be going for a "straightner".

w*****.

just know bartons gunna hack him every time he has the ball at sjp  :smitten:

dont think he will. he may go in a little harder than he needs to in 50-50s though.

Shearer was an excellent servant to the club in his playing days and one of the greatest strikers of all time.

However, his spell in charge of us can only be described as inept.  His treatment of Barton was nothing short of a farce and, funnily enough, that description is also relevant to his punditry.  I think calling him a w***** is justifiable.

His treatment of Barton, is Barton the prick who was needlessly sent off while we were struggling to avoid relegation?

It wasn't a sending off.

If it had've been anyone else,the yellow would have been shown imo.

Shearer was an excellent servant to the club in his playing days and one of the greatest strikers of all time.

However, his spell in charge of us can only be described as inept.  His treatment of Barton was nothing short of a farce and, funnily enough, that description is also relevant to his punditry.  I think calling him a w***** is justifiable.

His treatment of Barton, is Barton the prick who was needlessly sent off while we were struggling to avoid relegation?

It wasn't a sending off.

i've seen others sent off for it.

It wasn't a sending off.

I saw 2 or 3 yesterday against us who didn't even get booked for it though.

It wasn't a sending off.

I saw 2 or 3 yesterday against us who didn't even get booked for it though.

not foot up in the way barton did.