Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think today proved once again that we have the players to stay up, our problem has been squad depth and of course our looney owner. To think having 22 points after only 17 games that this sohould even be a question is strange, the way the league has been this season has been crazy.

We are now 10 points clear of both West Ham and Wolves, I have a hard time seeing either of those two staying up. The real fight is for that last spot, and we are only 2 wins ahead f Wigan atm.

It is insane that 3 days ago, everything was looking decent and we had a good chance of staying up. And now, we're as good as down.

I've had some time to reflect and having watched today's game - We keep that trio of Carroll/Nolan/Barton on the pitch and we stay up IMO. As simple as that.

Guest palnese

It is insane that 3 days ago, everything was looking decent and we had a good chance of staying up. And now, we're as good as down.

I've had some time to reflect and having watched today's game - We keep that trio of Carroll/Nolan/Barton on the pitch and we stay up IMO. As simple as that.

Add Jose Enrique and The Cheick to that and we'll be fine.

People on here have already said that if we keep our core players, then we should be ok and have no real problems. However don't underestimates Ashley's and Pardews capabilites of selling good players and replaing them with cheap imatations.

Januray is going to be a long month for us, and by that I don't just mean the amount of fixtures we have/could have.

Been a strange old season and even I never thought we'd be 8th level on points with our fellow promotees but I'd still say yes. Until there is a 10 point buffer between us and 17th this will remain my position.

I would have taken 17th place under Hughton and I still would under Pardew. Nothing has changed for me, the only time I would turn 17th away is if we get a few good buys in January, which of course won't happen. So I will most likely keep my position until we are mathematically safe.

Still has to be a yes for me. Really hate that I was one of the biggest advocates of no just a week ago and have since changed. But I can't be confident until Pardew proves that it's not a honeymoon period.

10 wins over the season is basically the minimum if you want to stay up, throw in a few draws and you are somewhere in 30-40pts. We've got 6, 3 at home, 3 away IIRC...if we get another win before the year is out it looks likely statistically we should stay up but the way we've thrown away pts on easy home games means its still up in the air imo. We do have 3 brum sides and Bolton to play at home, so there lies the pts to keep us up imo, anything else is bonus pts.

8th in the league and 6 points (basically 7 points) clear of the drop zone for Christmas. Happy?

Without a doubt. At the beginning of the season i was hoping for 17th in the league and i am pretty sure we will do that. With gosling and ben arfa to return plus maybe 1 new signing in january i believe we have a better team than at least 3 other teams in this league.

Still would.  I think at least one team is going to go down this season with over 40 points.

I really don't see it. West Ham & Wolves are not going to finish above us. If we can't beat at least one of Birmingham, Wigan, Blackpool, WBA, etc. we don't deserve to play in this league again tbh.

I really don't see it. West Ham & Wolves are not going to finish above us. If we can't beat at least one of Birmingham, Wigan, Blackpool, WBA, etc. we don't deserve to play in this league again tbh.

Well on the way to achieving that.