Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Tall Striker

Missed a big big opportunity to get ourselves comfortably safe in the past two games. Struggling to see us pick up many points from now until after Christmas.

Really? I remember that season there was only about 4 or 5 points between 7th and 19th up until about February.

Sorry, misread my memories. Still don't think it's fair to compare. Every season throws up a completely different scenario.

We basically need to win about 8 games from the remaining 25 and we're virtually guaranteed survival.

Are we really incapable of that? We've won 5 from 13 so far.

And thats discounting draws. We'll draw games. Probably only need 4 more wins. That takes us up to 9, which is two more than 08-09 season.

Guest Tall Striker

With a lot of the lower teams beating the 'big boys' this season, I reckon it'll be 40 points to stay up. 22 points then needed, so 6 wins and 4 draws I reckon.

With a lot of the lower teams beating the 'big boys' this season, I reckon it'll be 40 points to stay up. 22 points then needed, so 6 wins and 4 draws I reckon.

That's pretty much the reason why I won't "take" 17th. For us to get 17th, it'll mean in 25 games we've won about 1 in 4/5 games, and lost 15 matches. Sorry but I think we're a helluva lot better than that. To only finish 17th as well won't do much to convince the likes of Ben Arfa and other better players to come here in the summer, and I'd also imagine the likes of Carroll, Tiote, Coloccini & Enrique would begin to get itchy feet and think they're better than this and look elsewhere.

That's pretty much the reason why I won't "take" 17th. For us to get 17th, it'll mean in 25 games we've won about 1 in 4/5 games, and lost 15 matches. Sorry but I think we're a helluva lot better than that. To only finish 17th as well won't do much to convince the likes of Ben Arfa and other better players to come here in the summer, and I'd also imagine the likes of Carroll, Tiote, Coloccini & Enrique would begin to get itchy feet and think they're better than this and look elsewhere.

Nah man, there's basically no difference between finishing 9th and 17th.

My opinion will not change at any point this season, as a newly promoted club, we have to see 17th place as a step forward for this club.

Same here, two objectives, not get relegated and not get beat off the mackems at home.

That's all I ask for this season.

My opinion will not change at any point this season, as a newly promoted club, we have to see 17th place as a step forward for this club.

Same here, two objectives, not get relegated and not get beat off the mackems at home.

That's all I ask for this season.

It's like groundhog day in this thread

Guest Tall Striker

We looked a rabble yesterday. If injuries strike hard then we are up s*** creek. I'm moving more to the YES camp at the moment.

IF injuries strike?

Harper, Ben Arfa, Gosling, Ryan Taylor, Carroll, Ameobi, Best, Xisco and Ryan Taylor all either out injured, carrying an injury or recovering from injury. Stick suspensions for Tiote, Barton and Coloccini on top of that, no wonder we're looking thin on the ground at the moment.

Guest Tall Striker

I'm confident our first team is capable of a top half finish, our squad is probably between 14-17 IMO.

I'd probably go along with that. All we need to do this year is stay up.

Then if we do we get the chance to get shot of clowns like Perch, Best, Xisco and Smith in the summer and get some proper Premiership players in.

We looked a rabble yesterday. If injuries strike hard then we are up s*** creek. I'm moving more to the YES camp at the moment.

IF injuries strike?

Harper, Ben Arfa, Gosling, Ryan Taylor, Carroll, Ameobi, Best, Xisco and Ryan Taylor all either out injured, carrying an injury or recovering from injury.

Aside from Carroll and Ben Arfa, none of them are really nailed on starters.

IF injuries strike?

Harper, Ben Arfa, Gosling, Ryan Taylor, Carroll, Ameobi, Best, Xisco and Ryan Taylor all either out injured, carrying an injury or recovering from injury.

Aside from Carroll and Ben Arfa, none of them are really nailed on starters.

add in enrique,colo and barton and thats all the nailed on starters we have.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/11/26/europe-s-still-the-ultimate-dream-61634-27719520/?

This season we have to concentrate on trying to get 45 points.

Safety is all that matters, but after that we can hopefully keep building and get this club back to where it should be.

Interesting; certainly sounds like that's been mentioned within the club as the first target this year.

For the record, as an average across the last five seasons 45pts would see you finishing about 12th. I think we'd all take that for our first year back.

I'm confident our first team is capable of a top half finish, our squad is probably between 14-17 IMO.

Our squad players are worse than any bar Blackpool.

Really? I don't see many teams in the bottom half bringing quality replacements in.

I think our main problem is the positions where we have nobody other than the starter. No RW other than Routledge, no LB other than Enrique, no CM other than Tiote.