Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

yehlol

Seriously though, I'll wait to see what happens over the coming weeks. If Ashley makes an unexpectedly good appointment then it won't be so bad.

Still the same never changed and won't be regardless of today's events.

If one person, manager or not swings your opinion from nailed on mid table to relegation then there was something seriously wrong with your logic in the first place.

That's nonsense. We never would have gotten relegated in 08/09 if Keegan was the manager the whole season. Wouldn't have come close to be honest. We've already seen what happens when you throw the club into turmoil. The one positive, compared to the relegation season, is the players we have now have shown some fight. Although we may not see that anymore.

Liverpool and Birmingham are both games we could have gotten something from. Doubt we will now. We'll be in a serious relegation battle by the end of the month.

If one person, manager or not swings your opinion from nailed on mid table to relegation then there was something seriously wrong with your logic in the first place.

Surely sacking a manager can make the difference between 13th or 18th? Otherwise, what's the point of them?

Fucking hell. 16 pages of saying no. And now I have to go back on that.

TT, how can you say sacking the manager won't effect the club's placing? Like Ian says, what's the point in having one if that's the case? If we bring Martin Jol in, I'll go back to a yes tbh. But the likelihood of that is zilch, and we're going to end up with a Pardew-like character. In which case, I'm saying no.

Still yes.

Has been all season.

:sadnod:

Only an idiot wouldn't take survival this season. In the grand scheme of things, what's the difference between finishing anywhere between 11th and 17th?

about 2.5-3m

Exactly. Basically nothing.

Actually it's about £5m. Which could double our transfer kitty for the next 2 to 3 years!

My thoughts exactly.

Still yes.

Has been all season.

:sadnod:

Only an idiot wouldn't take survival this season. In the grand scheme of things, what's the difference between finishing anywhere between 11th and 17th?

about 2.5-3m

Exactly. Basically nothing.

Actually it's about £5m. Which could double our transfer kitty for the next 2 to 3 years!

The point I was trying to make is that these days £3-5m is nothing to a football club. Will get you a couple of decent Championship players ...

My thoughts exactly.

So you don't think it makes a difference who the next manager is? We're destined for a certain spot in the table whether it's Jol or Pardew...Mourinho or Souness?

My thoughts exactly.

So you don't think it makes a difference who the next manager is? We're destined for a certain spot in the table whether it's Jol or Pardew...Mourinho or Souness?

Thank God we have this beautiful, forward-thinking viewpoint! Let's be ahead of the pack, sack our whole coaching staff! It makes no difference! IT'S ALL FATE! Come back, Kinnear. All is forgiven! Whether you were a tactical genius that worked the media perfectly, we still would've been fighting relegation!

My thoughts exactly.

Thank God we have this beautiful, forward-thinking viewpoint! Let's be ahead of the pack, sack our whole coaching staff! It makes no difference! IT'S ALL FATE! Come back, Kinnear. All is forgiven! Whether you were a tactical genius that worked the media perfectly, we still would've been fighting relegation!

The point is the squad has a lot of weaknesses the board are a joke and there's no money, but because Hughton was manager we were easily going to walk mid table but now he's gone were relegated without him?

Its bollocks, the threat has always been there and why sensible people, Hughton or not, would have taken 17th at any time during the season.

Although obviously I'm begging for it to be someone like Jol and not Pardew, the way I feel at the moment, I can't see light at the end of the tunnel no matter who it is.

Good manager: Wants to progress with the club, wants transfer funds, doesn't want backroom staff comprised entirely of Ashley's mates, refuses to let Ashley micro-manage the team, too much self respect to stick around being shat on, leaves after 3 months and we end up in the wilderness again.

Bad manager: Just happy to have the job, doesn't care about what the fans think, not enough dignity to walk away, plods on for shit result after shit result saying we're about to turn a corner.

My thoughts exactly.

The point is the squad has a lot of weaknesses the board are a joke and there's no money, but because Hughton was manager we were easily going to walk mid table but now he's gone were relegated without him?

Its bollocks, the threat has always been there and why sensible people, Hughton or not, would have taken 17th at any time during the season.

Agreed. Not sure how you can argue sacking Chris does not increase our chance of relegation though..? Unless we bring in someone miles better that the players can get excited about, they will feel betrayed and will want out asap or go straight to relegation form after the manager they respected has been ruthlessly axed.