Newcastle United 25 Man Squad for Premier League Games

Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

Newcastle United have submitted their list of players available for Premier League Games in accordance with the new regulations.

Registered Players

1. Steve Harper (HG) (TR)

2. Fabricio Coloccini

3, Jose Enrique

4. Kevin Nolan (HG) (Captain)

5. Mike Williamson (HG)

6. Sol Campbell (HG)

7. Joey Barton (HG)

8. Danny Guthrie (HG)

10. Wayne Roudledge (HG)

11. Peter Lovenkrands

12. Danny Simpson (HG)

14. James Perch (HG)

16. Ryan Taylor (HG)

17. Alan Smith (HG) (Vice Captain)

18. Jonas

19. Xisco

20. Leon Best (HG)

21, Fraser Forster (HG) (TR) (on loan at Celtic)

23. Shola Ameobi (HG) (TR)

26. Tim Krul (HG)

27. Steven Taylor (HG) (TR)

37. Haten Ben Arfa

tbc. Cheick Tiote

(HG) - Home Grown  (TR) - Trained by club

U21 & dont need to register

9. Andy Carroll

15. Dan Gosling

25. Kazenga Lua Lua (on loan at Brighton)

28. Tamas Kadar

29. Haris Vuckic

30. Nile Ranger

31. Shane Ferguson

32. Ryan Donaldson

33. Ole Soderberg

34. James Tavernier

35. Ben Tozer

47. Brad Inman

tbc. Fabio Zamblera

Rules

Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists

Premier League Clubs agreed, from season 2010/11, to introduce the following rules governing squad numbers and Home Grown Players.

• Each Club must submit a squad by 5pm on 1st September containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfill the Home Grown Player criteria. The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown.

• A Home Grown Player means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).

• Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a Transfer Window.

• U21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players/squad.

• For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989.

Each Club Squad List is attached below as well as an additional list of each Club’s registered Under 21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players.

Other Clubs Squads Here

Maybe this will be useful stickied where it can be seen & edited throughout the season?

Guest michaelfoster

All squads can be reviewed during the next transfer window so players can be registered/unregistered etc, has list of other clubs 25 man squads etc.

Upto you anyway Dave

Chelsea only have 4 homegrown players.

Something isn't right with that. They seem to have changed the wording from needing to have 8 homegrown players in your squad to having a maximum of 17 players who are not classed as homegrown.

Seems like bollocks to me because from that wording, it sounds like you could get away without having a single homegrown player in the squad.

Something isn't right with that. They seem to have changed the wording from needing to have 8 homegrown players in your squad to having a maximum of 17 players who are not classed as homegrown.

Seems like bollocks to me because from that wording, it sounds like you could get away without having a single homegrown player in the squad.

It's 17 not home grown of any age, 8 home grown over 21, and unlimited under 21. Personaly I agree with the first 2 but I think there should be a cap to the latter.

It's 17 not home grown of any age, 8 home grown over 21, and unlimited under 21. Personaly I agree with the first 2 but I think there should be a cap to the latter.

Chelsea have only named 4.

sorry I worded it wrong like, you don't have to name 25 players, you can name (if you want) 17 not home grown of any age, 8 home grown over 21 (and unlimited under 21 are available anyway)

They don't have to mame 8 home grown players just as they don't have to name 17 non home grown ones.

sorry I worded it wrong like, you don't have to name 25 players, you can name (if you want) 17 not home grown of any age, 8 home grown over 21 (and unlimited under 21 are available anyway)

They don't have to mame 8 home grown players just as they don't have to name 17 non home grown ones.

Then what is the point of this rule?