Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

We had enough  chances to win this, but we have to do something about all the penalties against us. We seem to go down and tackle inside the box as soon as we can, in the relegation season we had shitload of penalties against us also. Stay on your feet! it cant be that hard.

Otherwise its not THAT bad. Barton will start next game, Smith won't. Thats a plus i guess.

And hats off to their keeper, good game!

This definitely calls for 3 changes for the next game.

Smith <> Tiote

Williamson <> Campbell

Jonas <> Ben Arfa

Are you serious, Williamson had a reasonable game. Nolan and Smith are the two changes I would make.

Yeah, I'd take Nolan off in an instant too... but Hughton would never make that change as his head is planted in Nolan's ass 24/7!

At least Ben Arfa looked like living up to the hype. Can't believe McLoven got on before him.

By doing that Hughton has made everyone think he 'bottled' it or something. I wanted him on too and i dont think Loven is good enough but the game turned on the penalty and the 4 missed chances in the second half.

Just so sick of the likes of Nolan and Smith. It was only a matter of time before they reverted to type, and Hughton better get them out of the team after this. To hell with their cliched upbeat soundtypes and their banter and cheeky chappie routines. We need to stay up this season and cannot afford to have better players than them on the bench. They clearly didn't take this game seriously enough and probably viewed it as a nice break and a strolling victory. Idiots.

We would have won this 8 out 10 times.  i think Hughton should have brought on Ben Arfa for Perch and moved Routledge down to RB.

It was just one of those days. We played better today than we did most of last season and certainly had the chances to win it.

I think we will bounce back and get a point from Everton next weekend.

Make no mistake, Blackpool were lucky as fuck because their 'keeper was in top form and all the loose balls fell to them, so in other, similar matches we'll score, but god damn it's incredibly frustrating to lose at home and especially to a team like Blackpool who are our rivals for survival.

Why is it that shit-house visiting goal keepers keep coming to St James' and having matches of their lives.  It seems a definite trend that 3rd rate goalies keep coming to our ground and playing out of their skins... what the fark is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I wonder this also.

Mama said there'd be days like this.  She didn't say they would come at home against Blackpool, but she didn't say we'd beat Villa 6-0 either.

The question now is whether you plod on to Everton with the same XI, learning nothing and then losing to a much better team or whether we change quickly.  Because you can have bad days, but you have to offset them by getting points you don't expect.  Next weekend would be an example.

Why is it that shit-house visiting goal keepers keep coming to St James' and having matches of their lives.  It seems a definite trend that 3rd rate goalies keep coming to our ground and playing out of their skins... what the fark is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I wonder this also.

Because our finishing is poor. Every half arsed shot on target saved just builds the confidence up and by the end a shite keeper is making worldclass saves.

I wonder this also.

I'm wondering whether its because some of those chances fell to Lovenkrands.

Guest firetotheworks

I bloody hate playing against promoted teams early on the season..... they always seem to be playing above themselves. Twats.

Like us you mean?  :undecided: