Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Here comes the Nolan bashing again, he was one of many poor players today but play Tiote alongside Smith and he would look poor.

Did you read the above post? After how many games is it acceptable to question him? I haven't seen him since Sunderland.

Nixon the sage posted something on the first page about Nolan which is still very accurate:

He's the midfield equivalent of Michael Owen tbh; If he doesn't score he doesn't do much else.

He's scored recently so no one has a right to moan, but his overall contribution to our team is still very, very limited.

Quoting your own post is a dick move, I admit, but nothing that Nolan has done this season has changed my opinion of him: he contributes nothing to the game, except when he scores. It's all well and good when he scores, and we do need his goals so I'm not just moaning for moaning's sake, but we just can't afford to carry such a passenger in the games where we need to knuckle down and play as a team.

Nixon the sage posted something on the first page about Nolan which is still very accurate:

He's the midfield equivalent of Michael Owen tbh; If he doesn't score he doesn't do much else.

He's scored recently so no one has a right to moan, but his overall contribution to our team is still very, very limited.

Quoting your own post is a dick move, I admit, but nothing that Nolan has done this season has changed my opinion of him: he contributes nothing to the game, except when he scores. It's all well and good when he scores, and we do need his goals so I'm not just moaning for moaning's sake, but we just can't afford to carry such a passenger in the games where we need to buckle down and play as a team.

yep, spot on. unfortunately those games where we need to fight and play as a team are usually the ones where one goal will be the difference and nolan's a goalscorer. it' s a tough one - he's been shocking for a while now and even someone like Stu would have to admit that, but we don't exactly have loads of other options atm and he is still a goal threat. it's the owen situation all over again - we went down sticking with the heartless welsh bastard, hopefully sticking by nolan turns out a bit better.

Guest neesy111

Nolan has done fuck all since the SAFC game.  If he's scoring goals that's fine, but he does fuck all else in a football game.

and play who instead???

There is the problem the guy is undroppable because we have no-one else at the moment.  Some players can produce shit after shit performance when there is no-one else available.

I would rather play 3 up front and lump it forward than have a midfield of guthrie, nolan and smith together.

For me, he was very ineffectual today because of a lack of a Tiote 'destroyer' in the midfield, and a lack of relative creativity from Barton. He is a goal-scoring passenger, it's a right dilemma.

And no, he wasn't the worst player on the pitch today.

Guest neesy111

For me, he was very ineffectual today because of a lack of a Tiote 'destroyer' in the midfield, and a lack of relative creativity from Barton. He is a goal-scoring passenger, it's a right dilemma.

He wasn't, but he did his usual party trick of completely disappearing from the game.

He wasn't, but he did his usual party trick of completely disappearing from the game.

Harsh to single him out when the rest of the midfield did exactly the same.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I'll admit that.  Like I've said I haven't seen him contribute to the team effectively at all since the Mackems game.

Yeah, I'll admit that.  Like I've said I haven't seen him contribute to the team effectively at all since the Mackems game.

Aye, Blackburn played three centre backs to nullify his bursts into the box while he didn't really impose himself against Fulham

Aye, Blackburn played three centre backs to nullify his bursts into the box while he didn't really impose himself against Fulham

I'll never forget that goal last year against.. Blackpool was it? Where he literally just very lightly jogged past 2 or 3 players and tapped it in. :lol:

I'll never forget that goal last year against.. Blackpool was it? Where he literally just very lightly jogged past 2 or 3 players and tapped it in. :lol:

:lol:

Aye, didn't even break into a sweat.

This.

On the subject, have it seems as though Nolan's performance (despite your reservations about him as a footballer/athlete/person) have a far greater influence on the team than anyone else. When he doesn't play well, the team doesn't.