Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Even with a 3-0 lead, we still can't win a Premiership game without him :lol:

We played some good stuff in the first half to get 3-0 up in the first place and Barton pulling the strings in the centre was a big reason. Nolan seems to be a big character off the field though so he's worth a new contract on that basis alone...so long as he's not going to start every match by default.

nolan's little bairn yesterday was hilarious. barton had obviously been given the job of looking after it as kev was on crutches, the way it just kept legging it away from him was class, most entertaining part of the afternoon.

'It'. :lol:

Guest Antec

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/53700/Pardew_ready_to_fight_for_Nolan.aspx

Pardew ready to fight for Nolan

Author:  Andrew Allen

Posted on:23 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

Category:Football

Comments: Be the first to comment

Print

Follow sportcouk on Twitter

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew says his first priority is to make sure Kevin Nolan signs a new deal with the Toon before recruiting anyone.

The former Bolton midfielder has been one of the stars of the season for the Toon on their return to the top flight, banging in 12 goals as they secured a comfortable mid table finish.

Nolan is one of a number of players whose contracts expire at the end of next season and Pardew is keen to make sure he keeps his influential players at St James' Park before bringing in anyone new.

The Newcastle boss admits it won't be a straight forward process making sure Nolan commits his future to the club but is confident he will get the 28-year-old to extend his deal.

"We want to secure Kevin - I certainly do," said Pardew.

"They are difficult deals, but that's the process you face in the Premier League.

"Every contract at this level is difficult and Kevin's will be no less difficult than anybody else."

Pardew will also be hoping to tie down Jose Enrique to a new deal, although he looks to be fighting a losing battle with the Spaniard thought to be keen on a move elsewhere.

He's said he wants to stay but that doesn't mean he's going to play for free, both parties have to negotiate a wage.

Personally I think it will be similar to the Barton situation (or at least how that's been reported), in that he'll want another 3-4 years whereas the club will want to give a little less.

he needs to sign a longer contract but his current contract doesnt end until summer of 2013 he can not be our priority while we have Barton and Eneriques expeiing next year and we need new players. We should be signing other players and Joey now then re negotiate with Nolan and Colo after we tied up all our other players.

Why does he even need a new contract?

This. While there shouldn't be any doubt that he's been good for the club as a leader it's not like he's going to take us forward. Shelve the talks if he's dragging his feet and let him play out his time here. Same goes for Barton.

Barton is a bit different though, as his contract expires next summer. Doesn't Nolan's deal expire in 2013?

It's almost as though the stability of the squad relies on Kevin Nolan ...

nolan's little bairn yesterday was hilarious. barton had obviously been given the job of looking after it as kev was on crutches, the way it just kept legging it away from him was class, most entertaining part of the afternoon.

i actually thought about putting a disclaimer in, i have no idea if the little thing was a lad or a lass! it was so small it looked like a pokemon

i actually thought about putting a disclaimer in, i have no idea if the little thing was a lad or a lass! it was so small it looked like a pokemon

Older one is a girl, younger one a boy.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fPK2Q87vg0Wc/x610.jpg

He's a legend is wor Joey.

:smitten:

Guest toonlass

:mackems:

He's a legend is wor Joey.

:smitten:

'EVIL BASTARD BARTON TEARS OFF ARMS OF TEAM MATES CHILD'

Guest michaelfoster

Joey: I wonder if i can launch him over the east stand?

Guest firetotheworks

It made me think of the 'Nicey nicey zoo zoo' bit in The Mighty Boosh when I saw it.

Joey: I wonder if i can launch him over the east stand?

The Sun Headline - Shocker - Bad Boy Barton at it again.

Star footballer to address child abuse claims!

Guest schmuck

The voices in Joey's head, moments earlier: 'He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you ever done?'