Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

All reports at the time of us signing Nolan had him on £50k.  He's been worth that and probably will next season, but at 31 when his contract finally ends?, no way.

Same with Barton. I wouldn't be surprised if they're after similar in these contract discussions, we're not having it, so contract offers are being turned down/withdrawn.

Guest neesy111

All reports at the time of us signing Nolan had him on £50k.  He's been worth that and probably will next season, but at 31 when his contract finally ends?, no way.

Same with Barton. I wouldn't be surprised if they're after similar in these contract discussions, we're not having it, so contract offers are being turned down/withdrawn.

Barton is on 60k-65k from the reports of when he signed.

Guest icemanblue

Er, except Barton offered to take a pay cut?

Yeah going from the Chronicle to the News of the World is pretty poor like Dave :)

Never mind that the story is right, eh?

I had to comment, I hate the News of the world with a passion..

What's your point anyway?  Nolan wants a new contract, so automatically the following month he should have one and if he doesn't NUFC have done something wrong?

A paycut will still put him on a par with the top earners here. At 30 and a probable squad player, he should be on £25k a week imo, do you reckon he'll be after that? No chance. Same applies with Nolan.

If the club think they can get better replacements for them both (Barton and Nolan), then why should they offer contracts to them?

Personally I wouldn't have entered negotiations with Nolan in the first place, his length of contract is adequate. He clearly feels his stature at the club and contribution warrants more though, and without knowing his original terms it's hard to say if he's right with on that.

Anyway, that's better replacements for Enrique, Nolan, Barton and not forgetting Carroll. Can't wait to see our team, should be mint. :lol:

It's such a shame that all of these players, who have played an integral part in getting us back on our feet, have turned out to be selfish, greedy c***s, like.  

What?  Without knowing the details of the contract(s), how the f*** can you make such a sweeping ridiculous statement?

Sarcasm, mate.

This whole charade will be played out each time one of our established players is due to sign a new deal.

Aye, see the post above yours, my appologies.  Agree by the way, Colo will be the next to 'reject' his contract.

Yep.  :thup:

So you both believe we should give Nolan whatever he wants to take him onto his 33rd birthday?  Just trying to actually find out your opinions here as all I see is sarcasm and insinuation.

Guest neesy111

A paycut will still put him on a par with the top earners here. At 30 and a probable squad player, he should be on £25k a week imo, do you reckon he'll be after that? No chance. Same applies with Nolan.

Barton's 20k a week paycut will still put him on at least 40k if reports are right.  Still a lot of money imo for someone who 'owes' the club a lot still.

Guest icemanblue

£25k? Really? You honestly believe they wouldn't be able to get more than that elsewhere?

Actually, don't answer that. It's pointless trying to argue with you people.

Wonder how much hes looking for though.We are going to have an even smaller squad by the looks of it soon

He's got two years left on his contract..

He'll be 31 by the time his current deal runs out by the way, who here thinks that Kevin Nolan should be getting £40-£50k a week here when he's 32-33?

I have a feeling they may get rid of him If he wont accept the contract thats being offered.They wont want to lose him for nothing in 2 years.At that age he will be lucky to get 30k a week

Absolutely correct.

£25k? Really? You honestly believe they wouldn't be able to get more than that elsewhere?

And at what point does loyalty come in? They were paid a shitload for a season in the Championship, where Barton did naff all for a year due to injury (remember he wasn't even first choice to begin the season, he was on the bench at WBA).

I reckon Barton could probably get a big contract somewhere else, whether he'd deserve it, I doubt it.

Nolan won't be on top bucks if he leaves either.

Guest icemanblue

It's such a shame that all of these players, who have played an integral part in getting us back on our feet, have turned out to be selfish, greedy c***s, like. 

What?  Without knowing the details of the contract(s), how the f*** can you make such a sweeping ridiculous statement?

Sarcasm, mate.

This whole charade will be played out each time one of our established players is due to sign a new deal.

Aye, see the post above yours, my appologies.  Agree by the way, Colo will be the next to 'reject' his contract.

Yep.  :thup:

So you both believe we should give Nolan whatever he wants to take him onto his 33rd birthday?  Just trying to actually find out your opinions here as all I see is sarcasm and insinuation.

No, obviously. Why are we even entering into negotiations with him?

My point is more to do with the negative PR, for the player, that these stories create. They're creating a perception of the player that the gullible among us are happy to believe. This won't be the last time.

Yeah going from the Chronicle to the News of the World is pretty poor like Dave :)

What's your point anyway?  Nolan wants a new contract, so automatically the following month he should have one and if he doesn't NUFC have done something wrong?

I wonder why they entered negotiations then made an offer that is seemingly so inadequate that it couldn't be compromised on and agreed. The same as Barton.

The club seem very unwilling to reward experienced players who undoubtedly deserve it; they'd rather risk breaking up an established team and dressing room, finding someone else for less money and hope it works out. Does that not concern you?

What?  Without knowing the details of the contract(s), how the f*** can you make such a sweeping ridiculous statement?

Sarcasm, mate.

Aye, see the post above yours, my appologies.  Agree by the way, Colo will be the next to 'reject' his contract.

So you both believe we should give Nolan whatever he wants to take him onto his 33rd birthday?  Just trying to actually find out your opinions here as all I see is sarcasm and insinuation.

My point is more to do with the negative PR, for the player, that these stories create. They're creating a perception of the player that the gullible among us are happy to believe. This won't be the last time.

Which would be a point had the club leaked the story, but it seems its comes from Nolan's end, trying to drum up sympathy. The article states: but the development is said to have left him “upset and disillusioned”. The club are not going to release that kind of information, so the gamesmanship is firmly coming from the players camp.

Wonder how much hes looking for though.We are going to have an even smaller squad by the looks of it soon

He's got two years left on his contract..

He'll be 31 by the time his current deal runs out by the way, who here thinks that Kevin Nolan should be getting £40-£50k a week here when he's 32-33?

I have a feeling they may get rid of him If he wont accept the contract thats being offered.They wont want to lose him for nothing in 2 years.

Nah I can see them being ok with letting him go for nothing at 31.  The only way they'll sell IMO is if we either bring players in that make him surplus or if he asks to go.  Even then I don't think anyones going to pay a decent fee plus £50k a week for him.

Sarcasm, mate.

Which would be a point had the club leaked the story, but it seems its comes from Nolan's end, trying to drum up sympathy. The article states: but the development is said to have left him upset and disillusioned. The club are not going to release that kind of information, so the gamesmanship is firmly coming from the players camp.

Barton thing came from his agent too...

Guest neesy111

What's your point anyway?  Nolan wants a new contract, so automatically the following month he should have one and if he doesn't NUFC have done something wrong?

I wonder why they entered negotiations then made an offer that is seemingly so inadequate that it couldn't be compromised on and agreed. The same as Barton.

The club seem very unwilling to reward players who undoubtedly deserve it; they'd rather risk breaking up the team, finding someone else for less money and hope it works out. Does that not concern you?

I would say the wages they are on, totally reward their effort in the 1st place.  It was only last season that players started to really earn the wages they were on anycase.

And at what point does loyalty come in? They were paid a shitload for a season in the Championship

we finished 1st

Fuck him and Barton to be honest, both just trying to play hardball.. well okay fine.. plenty of time left in the window.. tell sign a new deal this week or your off go find another club.

Would rather have to to replace them both than fuck about trying to give them what they want.

And at what point does loyalty come in? They were paid a shitload for a season in the Championship

we finished 1st

On wages that wouldn't look out of place at Everton or Villa who were finishing around the top 6.

f*** him and Barton to be honest, both just trying to play hardball.. well okay fine.. plenty of time left in the window.. tell sign a new deal this week or your off go find another club.

Would rather have to to replace them both than f*** about trying to give them what they want.

Taking the piss I hope?