Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest neesy111

Whoever wants us to get Parker back must be wanting us to get relegated or stand still for next 3 years.

Selling our captain for 3 or even 5m will be a joke, Sunderland just sold Jordan Henderson for 20m ffs, also people have to put in mind that Nolan is the player everyone in the squad look up off the field, he seems like a geniunely nice guy that everyone respects, we simply can't afford to lose him unless its for crazy money.

The only way I would be even remotely satisfied with selling Nolan is if we has already signed enough quality players to suggest a total change in the style/quality of out play.

Anyway, no indication he's actually going.

Guest neesy111

Nolan will be here next season imo FWIW.  Why on earth at it's this stage is beyond me.

nobody would take 3m huh?

I think we might get £4m but I'd be happy enough if we took £3m rather than keep him here. Nolan's been a good pro for us apart from being too fat and probably liking a pint too much, but the Championship or small town premier club is where he belongs.

I think we might get £4m but I'd be happy enough if we took £3m rather than keep him here. Nolan's been a good pro for us apart from being too fat and probably liking a pint too much, but the Championship or small town premier club is where he belongs.

apparently not fashionable but i might agree with this if they had someone good lined to replace him + cabaye

if cabaye is the replacement then it's a bit shite as we need quality in numbers, would rather see guthrie and smith leave for fuck and keep nolan if he won't be replaced properly

apparently not fashionable but i might agree with this if they had someone good lined to replace him + cabaye

if cabaye is the replacement then it's a bit shite as we need quality in numbers, would rather see guthrie and smith leave for fuck and keep nolan if he won't be replaced properly

I think we are probably banking on Gosling playing a much bigger role next season, he's a similar type of player. There's always a risk in moving on an influential player but you can't grow as a club without taking calculated risks.

A firm, immediate rejection is the best and only thing we could have done, so i'm glad that's what's happened. Hopefully this makes some sort of statement towards, at the very least, the player himself - let alone other members of the squad. We won't just sell our important players for the first reasonable bid that comes forward. I wouldn't say £3m was a million miles off his true valuation as a footballer, but it would be a bit of a snip considering what he'd give to West Ham in that division.

Given his importance to the club and the job he's done for us over the last two-and-a-half years, i'd want double that at a bare minimum.

I think we are probably banking on Gosling playing a much bigger role next season, he's a similar type of player. There's always a risk in moving on an influential player but you can't grow as a club without taking calculated risks.

fuck aye forgot about him, well yeah would make sense then as long as barton doesn't go without being replaced then :lol:

as i said earlier i have the suspicion they want to move to a more pass and move game with the likes of HBA running the show plus whoever they can get in as well...nolan ain't sitting too well in that scenario imo

Nolan shouldn't be going anywhere next season. His influence and motivational skills are clear to see by the performances without him last season. Further more we can't get rid of so many players without upsetting the continuity in the squad. If we have a starting 11 comprised of 11 new players it will take them ages to settle if they even do at all. I know he has his limitations but we as a club are in nowhere near a good enough position to get rid of him now. Get rid of the shit like Smith, Campbell, Perch, Lovenkrands and Routledge but that should be it.

Nolan shouldn't be going anywhere next season. His influence and motivational skills are clear to see by the performances without him last season. Further more we can't get rid of so many players without upsetting the continuity in the squad. If we have a starting 11 comprised of 11 new players it will take them ages to settle if they even do at all. I know he has his limitations but we as a club are in nowhere near a good enough position to get rid of him now. Get rid of the shit like Smith, Campbell, Perch, Lovenkrands and Routledge but that should be it.

Agree entirely. :thup:

A firm, immediate rejection is the best and only thing we could have done, so i'm glad that's what's happened. Hopefully this makes some sort of statement towards, at the very least, the player himself - let alone other members of the squad. We won't just sell our important players for the first reasonable bid that comes forward. I wouldn't say £3m was a million miles off his true valuation as a footballer, but it would be a bit of a snip considering what he'd give to West Ham in that division.

Given his importance to the club and the job he's done for us over the last two-and-a-half years, i'd want double that at a bare minimum.

The only clubs who can pay that sort of fee wouldn't want him imo. I think West Ham will get him for £4m or close enough.

oh, had on, it's as simple as that is it?  well aye then, nolan stays  :harry:

The only clubs who can pay that sort of fee wouldn't want him imo.

Tend to agree, which is one of a number of a reasons why i think he'll still be here next season.

Nolan won't go to West Ham. The quoted price will attract bids from other clubs if he was available. Similarly Parker won't come back here as according to Allardyce when he sold him, Parker wanted to leave as he had an issue with the fans. Anyone remember him and Carr abusing the Leazes End?

Nolan shouldn't be going anywhere next season. His influence and motivational skills are clear to see by the performances without him last season. Further more we can't get rid of so many players without upsetting the continuity in the squad. If we have a starting 11 comprised of 11 new players it will take them ages to settle if they even do at all. I know he has his limitations but we as a club are in nowhere near a good enough position to get rid of him now. Get rid of the s*** like Smith, Campbell, Perch, Lovenkrands and Routledge but that should be it.

It won't be easy to shift the crap from our squad but they're the only ones we should consider selling at the moment. Nolan should not be going anywhere.

The only clubs who can pay that sort of fee wouldn't want him imo.

Tend to agree, which is one of a number of a reasons why i think he'll still be here next season.

I am 95% certain he will be sold. He might be popular at the club but sometimes having too much influence can work against you. If he hasn't got the contract he wants that will make him an unhappy bunny and whether those higher up will want to keep him around rather than get a fee and get him off the wage book ,I have real doubts about that.

Nolan shouldn't be going anywhere next season. His influence and motivational skills are clear to see by the performances without him last season. Further more we can't get rid of so many players without upsetting the continuity in the squad. If we have a starting 11 comprised of 11 new players it will take them ages to settle if they even do at all. I know he has his limitations but we as a club are in nowhere near a good enough position to get rid of him now. Get rid of the s*** like Smith, Campbell, Perch, Lovenkrands and Routledge but that should be it.

It won't be easy to shift the crap from our squad but they're the only ones we should consider selling at the moment. Nolan should not be going anywhere.

as i said if it was that easy i'd agree but we're gonna have that pish next season regardless so if this whole thing is the club wanting to "upgrade" nolan for football reasons then i say so be it

if it's all a storm in a teacup and he stays then great...no-one really suggesting he has to go or anything but there are clear football reasons why he might be seen as a target to be moved on by the club imo (not to mention financial)

I've got faith that he and the club will find a compromise to this bizarre contract situation. He might get something that's arguably a bit more than he 'deserves', but i think he's one that the club (particularly Pardew) would bend over backwards to keep.