Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest palnese

It feels good to know that we're no longer the laughing-stock club of English football.

Kiss of death.

BAAAM

Guest johnson293

question, how many goals did he score before and after carroll sale

Seen this mentioned before on here, and I'm sure its summit like 10 goals with Carroll here, and 2 since he left (this season, obviously).

However, it then emerged Nolan had been playing with an ankle injury for a while, which could also have contributed.

EDIT: Yep, Nolan only scored two since end of January - against Bolton and Wolves respectively.

Guest zeta87

0 - Newcastle United won none of the eight Premier League games that Kevin Nolan missed in 2010-11. Howay.

3 mins ago from web

@Miss_Ces retweeting @OptaJoe

Wow, that says a lot!

It says that we relied far too much on a very limited player.

Or that he is a very underrated player.

He isn't underrated in though, everyone knows he's very good at what he does, and very limited in most other areas.  Everyone should also realise that if your team cant win games without Kevin Nolan, then you need a new team, not to simply focus on keeping him at all costs.

Eh?

What's so hard to understand?  Are you seriously telling me your happy with your side relying so heavily on a player like Nolan that they cant win without him?

The solution isn't to sell him though it's to add to the squad and gradually reduce that dependency.

Which means giving a player your looking to remove from the team a new 4 year £50k+ contract, is that a good move?

He's got time left on his contract man, and the fee ain't gonna be much anyway so no I wouldn't give him a new four year deal but would have kept the player.

Ok here's another question, do you think Nolan would be ok with just staying without signing a new deal?  Because I don't think his actions suggest that at all.  It seems to me that he either wanted a new four year contract or wanted to go somewhere were he'd get that contract.

Totally agreed. I think Nolan wanted to be at a team that offers stability to him since he's over 30 now and all.

No he's not, man. :lol:

Oops got confused :lol:

Fuck Nolan. That interview he gave to that scouse cunt TV station was worthy of him getting the tin-tac alone.

Cabaye in - Nolan out.

I can live with that. If the twat see's WHU in the Championship as a better alternative to NUFC then let the fucker go.

How on earth do we find a replacement capable of scoring 12 league goals for a few million quid? I can understand the club not offering him a new deal because of his age but at least keep him for a year to buy a bit of time to find a replacement.

The team's being ripped apart and absolutely every single one of them is for sale. Barton and Enrique will be next. :hmm:

Don't you understand? The fact he's scored all those goals shows we rely on him too much. So we have to sell him. Or something.

How on earth do we find a replacement capable of scoring 12 league goals for a few million quid? I can understand the club not offering him a new deal because of his age but at least keep him for a year to buy a bit of time to find a replacement.

The team's being ripped apart and absolutely every single one of them is for sale. Barton and Enrique will be next. :hmm:

Exactly, it's an interesting strategy "right you got us up and kept us up now f*ck off."

Guest SuperShola!

What about all of the advertising he's done for the new kit? All the kids buyinh Nolan 4 shirts and getting him to sign them?

Cunt.

Guest zeta87

Can't wait for the Pardew response tomorrow, the usual crap of us being close to signing some really good players, then on deadline day Ireland is back on loan.

If that happens.. nightmare..

As stupid as it sounds without replacements in place, but I almost think Barton, Enrique etc now hove to go in order to build a new dressing room/team spirit, rather than have a new players/shouldn't have sold Nolan split, unless of corse barton efface willing to accept and move on with the way the club sees it's futute

No doubt :giggs: but still:

OptaJoe  Opta Sports

0 - Newcastle United won none of the eight Premier League games that Kevin Nolan missed in 2010-11. Howay.

:lol:

The 8 games he missed

NUFC 2-2 Wigan

NUFC 1-1 Chelsea

WBA 3-1 NUFC

Spurs 2-0 NUFC

Villa 1-0 NUFC

NUFC 0-0 Man U

Chelsea 2-2 NUFC

NUFC 3-3 WBA

Given our home form upto the Wigan game even with Nolan, not sure things would have been much different there. There's only really WBA away where Guthrie was shocking that I think we missed him. Other than that, tough away games at sides who finished in the top 10, and 3 draws against the sides in the top 3.

3 mins ago from web

Wow, that says a lot!

He isn't underrated in though, everyone knows he's very good at what he does, and very limited in most other areas.  Everyone should also realise that if your team cant win games without Kevin Nolan, then you need a new team, not to simply focus on keeping him at all costs.

Eh?

What's so hard to understand?  Are you seriously telling me your happy with your side relying so heavily on a player like Nolan that they cant win without him?

The solution isn't to sell him though it's to add to the squad and gradually reduce that dependency.

Which means giving a player your looking to remove from the team a new 4 year £50k+ contract, is that a good move?

He's got time left on his contract man, and the fee ain't gonna be much anyway so no I wouldn't give him a new four year deal but would have kept the player.

Ok here's another question, do you think Nolan would be ok with just staying without signing a new deal?  Because I don't think his actions suggest that at all.  It seems to me that he either wanted a new four year contract or wanted to go somewhere were he'd get that contract.

Wouldn't have been an issue because then he's either playing for a new deal or putting himself in the shop window for another club.

I think it is quite an issue to him, otherwise he wouldn't have been so adamant to discuss a new deal two years before his contract runs out.  I think he's looking for security now.

OptaJoe  Opta Sports

The 8 games he missed

NUFC 2-2 Wigan

NUFC 1-1 Chelsea

WBA 3-1 NUFC

Spurs 2-0 NUFC

Villa 1-0 NUFC

NUFC 0-0 Man U

Chelsea 2-2 NUFC

NUFC 3-3 WBA

Given our home form upto the Wigan game even with Nolan, not sure things would have been much different there. There's only really WBA away where Guthrie was shocking that I think we missed him. Other than that, tough away games at sides who finished in the top 10, and 3 draws against the sides in the top 3.

Villa (a) and WBA (h) we missed Nolan.

If managers thought he was capable of getting 12 every season he would have a better choice of club than one in the Championship.

Before that his combined scoring record in the 3 Premiership seasons was a total of 8 goals.

f*** Nolan. That interview he gave to that scouse c*** TV station was worthy of him getting the tin-tac alone.

Cabaye in - Nolan out.

I can live with that. If the t*** see's WHU in the Championship as a better alternative to NUFC then let the f***er go.

For some reason I find myself agreeing with these sentiments.  O0

OptaJoe  Opta Sports

The 8 games he missed

NUFC 2-2 Wigan

NUFC 1-1 Chelsea

WBA 3-1 NUFC

Spurs 2-0 NUFC

Villa 1-0 NUFC

NUFC 0-0 Man U

Chelsea 2-2 NUFC

NUFC 3-3 WBA

Villa (a) and WBA (h) we missed Nolan.

I'd say we missed Tiote more than Nolan tbh.

3 mins ago from web

Wow, that says a lot!

He isn't underrated in though, everyone knows he's very good at what he does, and very limited in most other areas.  Everyone should also realise that if your team cant win games without Kevin Nolan, then you need a new team, not to simply focus on keeping him at all costs.

Eh?

What's so hard to understand?  Are you seriously telling me your happy with your side relying so heavily on a player like Nolan that they cant win without him?

What you're saying makes no sense. If we rely so heavily on Nolan it's because his team-mates are not up to it.

I'm saying we should bring in better players and therefore no longer need a limited player like Nolan in the side, how does that not make sense? ???

We were killing for Nolan at Villa. Like really badly.

Him being at WBA at home would have meant Smith would have stayed away from the pitch.

We could even have done with him against Man U. And that's just a start.

We were killing for Nolan at Villa. Like really badly.

Him being at WBA at home would have meant Smith would have stayed away from the pitch.

We could even have done with him against Man U. And that's just a start.

So we missed him by default as his replacement was Alan Smith. :lol:

This is probably for the best really, can't see him having the same season next year.

Agreed and it's down to someone else to step up and play the Nolan role off the pitch