Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I'm sad to see a fantastic captain leave the club, but i'll save slashing my wrists until the transfer window closes and we have the full picture.

Don't get me wrong i'm not too optimistic, but if the proposed transfers come off then nolan wouldn't have played much anyway.

I honestly have very little fears about this deal. As long as there is not a mass exodous after it, ie Jonas leaving, as Jose and Joey are pretty much off already. He's been great for us, but he's 28 and we're not going to be able to make money off of him in the future. This is just the business we have to go used to with the club going forward.

That strategy worked (just) last season, and got us relegated 2 seasons before that.

For me to be happy with this strategy we should BUY the replacement FIRST

We have.

So you think that this is Cabaye, and if he gets injured, then what?? Half of last season we played with 1/2 a team, you have to have way more of a squad than we have. Ashley is a chancer, in that he just plans for us to scape by and get lucky that we wont get too many injuries to get us relegated.

If he gets injured then we play Gosling I imagine, one thing I do know is the club won't want players on huge wages sat on the bench.

Gosling, who played for 20 mins last season???

Jeez, is this really you Derek? Man U had whom on their bench? And why such expensive players to largely sit?

The PL is about a SQUAD, we will never break into the top 6 with the threadbare squad we have.

Are you really comparing us to Man Utd? :lol:

We can't afford to have players on the wages Nolan will be on warming the bench, what part of that can't you understand?

Guest hobshobs

Oh my god. I'm reading on here that Nolan is going to get the wage bill down, that he should be kept on even if just for his influence off the park, that season tickets would only be 10,000 if this had gone through before the deadline. Get real.

For the first time in a long time we've got people in charge who will not let the club continue to be crippled financially by paying massive salaries to players who are past or close to being past there best. (Butt, Geremi, Smith, etc). OK I know Nolan scored a few goals last season but his legs are gone. Things need freshened up big time and at least the club are taking action now.

A section of our support actually sing the praises of Ameobi. Jeez this guy is about as laid back as it gets. Yet some say he should stay because he's a cult figure. Get rid and boot Lovenkrands at the same time. Shola Ameobi is a joke, no commitment, effort, nothing yet still some sing his praises.

Nolan has been preaching for years how much he loves The Toon. Telling all and sundry over and over again. Shouts from the rooftops that we musn't slip up at the likes of Stevenage because of not having the right attitude. Yet who was one of the biggest culprits. Out paced and out fought by players leagues below all night. Earn his money as captain that day. I don't think so.

If he loved it here then he has two years on his contract. But a longer deal at West Ham suits better. Not to mention that he'll not be exposed in midfield because the ball will be flying back and forward over his head at the command of Hypo heed Allardyce.

Smith, Nolan, Ameobi, Guitierrez and Jose who can't even communicate with his employers can all go for me.

Rant over. Goodnight.

Guest daveaha

I have to wonder what Nolan is thinking.  He's leaving a club in the PL that he has allegedly come to love (with 2 years left on his contract)  to go to a club in the Championship with dodgy finances and most of the talent looking to jump ship.

He can love the club, but probably he's so sick with the management also. 

I honestly have very little fears about this deal. As long as there is not a mass exodous after it, ie Jonas leaving, as Jose and Joey are pretty much off already. He's been great for us, but he's 28 and we're not going to be able to make money off of him in the future. This is just the business we have to go used to with the club going forward.

That strategy worked (just) last season, and got us relegated 2 seasons before that.

We have.

So you think that this is Cabaye, and if he gets injured, then what?? Half of last season we played with 1/2 a team, you have to have way more of a squad than we have. Ashley is a chancer, in that he just plans for us to scape by and get lucky that we wont get too many injuries to get us relegated.

If he gets injured then we play Gosling I imagine, one thing I do know is the club won't want players on huge wages sat on the bench.

Jeez, is this really you Derek? Man U had whom on their bench? And why such expensive players to largely sit?

The PL is about a SQUAD, we will never break into the top 6 with the threadbare squad we have.

We can't afford to have players on the wages Nolan will be on warming the bench, what part of that can't you understand?

Whose this "we"?

Last time I checked, we were "owned" by one of the richest men in the UK?

So, Derek, how much is YOUR salary?

Oh my god. I'm reading on here that Nolan is going to get the wage bill down, that he should be kept on even if just for his influence off the park, that season tickets would only be 10,000 if this had gone through before the deadline. Get real.

For the first time in a long time we've got people in charge who will not let the club continue to be crippled financially by paying massive salaries to players who are past or close to being past there best. (Butt, Geremi, Smith, etc). OK I know Nolan scored a few goals last season but his legs are gone. Things need freshened up big time and at least the club are taking action now.

A section of our support actually sing the praises of Ameobi. Jeez this guy is about as laid back as it gets. Yet some say he should stay because he's a cult figure. Get rid and boot Lovenkrands at the same time. Shola Ameobi is a joke, no commitment, effort, nothing yet still some sing his praises.

Nolan has been preaching for years how much he loves The Toon. Telling all and sundry over and over again. Shouts from the rooftops that we musn't slip up at the likes of Stevenage because of not having the right attitude. Yet who was one of the biggest culprits. Out paced and out fought by players leagues below all night. Earn his money as captain that day. I don't think so.

If he loved it here then he has two years on his contract. But a longer deal at West Ham suits better. Not to mention that he'll not be exposed in midfield because the ball will be flying back and forward over his head at the command of Hypo heed Allardyce.

Smith, Nolan, Ameobi, Guitierrez and Jose who can't even communicate with his employers can all go. for me.

Rant over. Goodnight.

Beautiful.

:clap:

We have.

Whose this "we"?

So he should pump loads of his own cash in so we can have Nolan sat on the bench? :lol:

We have.

Whose this "we"?

So, Derek, how much is YOUR salary?

What on earth are you talking about?

The team spirit looked great at

Stevenage

Blackpool (h)

Wigan (H)

Fulham (a)

to name but a few

overrated

:lol:

:lol: We came back from 2 down at home to Wigan.

and were shite on the day.

Smith, Nolan, Ameobi, Guitierrez and Jose who can't even communicate with his employers can all go for me.

Rant over. Goodnight.

Not much to disagree with there.

buying a central midfielder should now be a top priority. if we go out and spend a sizeable figure on a Martin, Adam, M'Vila type and have Cabaye-Tiote and the new guy in a three man midfield then this transfer may just about be worth it in moving us to the next level.

of course it would've made more sense to move out marginal or dross figures first (guthrie, gosling, smith, raylor) rather than our inspirational leader, and i have little faith that the board are pressing for another midfielder. i also think the players we've started to be linked to now are mid-table players and we should be looking for better, or players who might be a bit rough now but have potential to be bigger successes than the likes of erdinc, gardner, barnetta. so it's a worrying time to be an nufc fan.

personally i'd use the wages and fee accrued from shifting Nolan to go after Sturridge. £18m bid to test chelsea's resolve. /wishfulforwardthinking

Rant over. Goodnight.

Best post in the whole thread I think.

Rant over. Goodnight.

Tbh, when people praise Shola they are joking.

I will always appreciate the goals Nolan scored for us, especially against the Mackems BUT I am not that bothered about it if the alternative was to give him a lengthy contract

His fitness is poor, he fails to control many basic passes, doesn't have much in terms of passing, are we really going to miss him that much? I doubt it

Rant over. Goodnight.

clueless.

Jose and Jonas are two of our better players, i'd rather have them in the squad tyvm.

As for Nolan at Stevenage - Tiote didn't exactly cover himself in glory that day - should we get rid of him too?

Get rid of Shola and Loven? Don't think many would disagree, but it's easier said than done, and you first need to replace them. we're already short on strikers before you consider letting anyone go.

If he has two years on his contract we should keep him for another year and get rid when it suits us, when we're in a stronger position to transition. i doubt he is on massive wages coming from Bolton and whether people like it or not he was a huge player for us last season.

so many fucking holes in that post, and yet the same dimwits will be praising it to high heavens.

Rant over. Goodnight.

Best post in the whole thread I think.

Agree, perfect summation imo.

I've never seen a player that split his own fans down the middle like Nolan has here.

The team spirit looked great at

Stevenage

Blackpool (h)

Wigan (H)

Fulham (a)

to name but a few

overrated

:lol:

:lol: We came back from 2 down at home to Wigan.

and were shite on the day.

Well yeah.  We got a last-gasp result out of it though and the point was about team spirit.

Actually I'm not sure what the point was since the only one of those games Nolan didn't feature in is Wigan.

Rant over. Goodnight.

clueless.

Jose and Jonas are two of our better players, i'd rather have them in the squad tyvm.

As for Nolan at Stevenage - Tiote didn't exactly cover himself in glory that day - should we get rid of him too?

Get rid of Shola and Loven? Don't think many would disagree, but it's easier said than done, and you first need to replace them. we're already short on strikers before you consider letting anyone go.

If he has two years on his contract we should keep him for another year and get rid when it suits us, when we're in a stronger position to transition. i doubt he is on massive wages coming from Bolton and whether people like it or not he was a huge player for us last season.

so many f***ing holes in that post, and yet the same dimwits will be praising it to high heavens.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab344/ajt1452/TrollSpray.jpg

Rant over. Goodnight.

Aside from mentioning Guitierrez not too much to disagree with there. (Unless Enrique also has a sudden change of heart and signs up).