Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I still wouldn't say he's an excellent player. He's good enough for us at present and his goalscoring is very important in the absense of any prolific strikers, but I genuinely don't think he's that good.

He's an excellent captain however.

:thup:

I think in maybe 10 or 20 years time, Nolan will be remembered as one of the key figures (along with Hughton) who 'rejuvenated' this club after the stagnation and relegation period we went through.

I also happen to think he'd make an excellent manager or coach. He's got the focused mentality.

I think in maybe 10 or 20 years time, Nolan will be remembered as one of the key figures (along with Hughton) who 'rejuvenated' this club after the stagnation and relegation period we went through.

I also happen to think he'd make an excellent manager or coach. He's got the focused mentality.

Aye, he could be the reverse Bob Paisley :thup:

I think Nolan merits David Kelly like cult status like.

I don't think Kelly was offered a bumper contract extension once our ambitions moved to a higher level. Pretty poor comparison in that regard.

I think it's more likely that in 20 years time very few people will remember Kevin Nolan or Chris Hughton. They've done a bit for us, but they're not exactly legends.

Bodes badly for us and/or says bad things about us as supporters if so.

My own view, I don't reckon he's gonna be a really great manager - I'd predict quite a few players ahead of him, actually. Do think he could be an absolutely brilliant coach/assistant, though. Can't say I understand what it is that seems to draw so many different people towards/along with him, though.

I think it's more likely that in 20 years time very few people will remember Kevin Nolan or Chris Hughton. They've done a bit for us, but they're not exactly legends.

My own view, I don't reckon he's gonna be a really great manager - I'd predict quite a few players ahead of him, actually. Do think he could be an absolutely brilliant coach/assistant, though. Can't say I understand what it is that seems to draw so many different people towards/along with him, though.

As in fellow players you mean?

As in fellow players you mean?

Aye. I say that as a big fan of his. Obviously he does a lot right, has a fairly clear philosophy about him/players having relationships with their cities etc. but still, he's not alone in that and yet unlike others he almost effortlessly took his role at Bolton and brought it here. He's not just one of the lads, he's the man - despite being pretty humble and not obviously the best player in the team.

Must say I think I'll remember both Nolan and Hughton in 20 years time. I'm still only 21 myself, so I've not experienced a massive amount of happiness as a Newcastle fan :lol: I've only got Robson and Keegan's brief stint to compare to Hughton. And Nolan is just Nolan. Nowhere near the best player we've had play for us, but in terms of influence he's right up there, and you can't argue with that.

Must say I think I'll remember both Nolan and Hughton in 20 years time. I'm still only 21 myself, so I've not experienced a massive amount of happiness as a Newcastle fan :lol: I've only got Robson and Keegan's brief stint to compare to Hughton. And Nolan is just Nolan. Nowhere near the best player we've had play for us, but in terms of influence he's right up there, and you can't argue with that.

:yikes:

Imagined you been in your 40s for some reason. :lol:

:yikes:

Imagined you been in your 40s for some reason. :lol:

Had that too many times now. Fuck knows why people think that. :lol: Clearly mature for my age :snod: You cocksponge.

Could have given us that bit of know how to notch a goal when we had that pressure in the first 20 mins.

he would definitely have made more runs into the penalty area than Guthrie. On the other hand, Man u might have found it easier to bypass him in midfield with their movement. You can make an argument both ways.