Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

f*** him and Barton to be honest, both just trying to play hardball.. well okay fine.. plenty of time left in the window.. tell sign a new deal this week or your off go find another club.

Would rather have to to replace them both than f*** about trying to give them what they want.

Taking the p*ss I hope?

No not at all........... why is Nolan even being offered a new deal ?

Him and his best mate are both important players but not irreplaceable, both getting on in footballing years and are lucky to be here. I am sick to fkn death of this "rejects new contract offer" bollocks.

Transfer list them then, they don't want to be here then fine, if we signed the players we want Nolan should not even be in the starting 11 anyway.

Why are you having a go at Nolan for being offered a new deal? f***s sake

Basically bullshit from start to end this. Barton, and especially Nolan, mean a lot for the club and the spirit in the dressing room. As well as being great/decent footballers of course. We know nowt about what the new contracts say, but you can't blame them for not wanting to sign contracts which will give them less money than they have now. And yes, they do want to be here.

Which is why they're being offered new deals...but you get the feeling that they're after similar wages to the likes of Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, etc. which they shouldn't be on imo.

Didn't really think this was the case but now that I think about it, it's a very plausible explanation.

Guest neesy111

Which is why they're being offered new deals...but you get the feeling that they're after similar wages to the likes of Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, etc. which they shouldn't be on imo.

I thought Barton was on record as saying that he would accept a wage cut?

He's on a reported 75k. I'd imagine he's asking for 50k which would be reported parity with Cabaye and BenArfa.

He's not like.

What are the famous club insider then?  He's on nearer 65k imo.  But barton was on wage's similar to that of Parker as they were basically 1 in 1 out similar deals.

f*** him and Barton to be honest, both just trying to play hardball.. well okay fine.. plenty of time left in the window.. tell sign a new deal this week or your off go find another club.

Would rather have to to replace them both than f*** about trying to give them what they want.

Taking the p*ss I hope?

Him and his best mate are both important players but not irreplaceable, both getting on in footballing years and are lucky to be here. I am sick to fkn death of this "rejects new contract offer" bollocks.

Transfer list them then, they don't want to be here then fine, if we signed the players we want Nolan should not even be in the starting 11 anyway.

Basically bullshit from start to end this. Barton, and especially Nolan, mean a lot for the club and the spirit in the dressing room. As well as being great/decent footballers of course. We know nowt about what the new contracts say, but you can't blame them for not wanting to sign contracts which will give them less money than they have now. And yes, they do want to be here.

it hardly sets a great precedent though does it mate? talking of loyalty, two of the top performers in a successful season get offered pay cuts?

I see what you mean, but when they're 30 & 31, should they be expecting high wages on a par with the likes of Ben Arfa & Tiote when they're not even guaranteed a game?

it hardly sets a great president though does it mate? talking of loyalty, two of the top performers in a successful season get offered pay cuts?

I agree with the bit in bold, we have no right to ask for loyalty even though I'm not too bothered to lose either player if we bring in somebody better.

They have no right to ask for loyalty from us.

it hardly sets a great president though does it mate? talking of loyalty, two of the top performers in a successful season get offered pay cuts?

I agree with the bit in bold, we have no right to ask for loyalty even though I'm not too bothered to lose either player if we bring in somebody better.

Agree. It's usually smart changing your whole team in course of one season. Especially the most influencial ones.

Guest neesy111

We have no right to ask for loyalty but these players should remember they were on wages probably double their worth when they came to sign for us and only just about started earning them last season.  Though Barton imo owe's a shitload to the club considering what he has done to put the NUFC name through the gutter.

Agree. It's usually smart changing your whole team in course of one season. Especially the most influencial ones.

Barton has a year left, Nolan has two. There's time this year to faze out Barton (Cabaye?), and two years to displace Nolan.

He's on a reported 75k. I'd imagine he's asking for 50k which would be reported parity with Cabaye and BenArfa.

Where is Barton being reported to be on £75k?

Taking the p*ss I hope?

it hardly sets a great precedent though does it mate? talking of loyalty, two of the top performers in a successful season get offered pay cuts?

I see what you mean, but when they're 30 & 31, should they be expecting high wages on a par with the likes of Ben Arfa & Tiote when they're not even guaranteed a game?

if ben arfa and tiote are still here by then they'll be getting paid a lot more than 50k a week.

the board haven't got a clue what they're doing. what a farce. :facepalm:

I disagree, I think they know exactly what they are doing. (in this instance)

by offering him a new contract when there's still 2 years to run?

Where is Barton being reported to be on £75k?

I've always thought he was on £65k, that's what was reported at the time in most places.

Taking the p*ss I hope?

if ben arfa and tiote are still here by then they'll be getting paid a lot more than 50k a week.

Tiote will still have 4 and a half years left by then.

My biggest concern is the harmony in the camp, could this upset the team spirit?

There are better players out there whether we can sign them is another matter. I think the club are trying lay their mark. They are trying to tell players we don't get push around and I think they are trying to stick to their business plan. I think whilst Ashely is here we have to accept the days of paying daft wages whoever it maybe has gone, it may see us miss out on a few targets but as long as we improve the squad I don't see a problem. Come September 1st and all we have signed is Taylor, Long and Pratley and I'll have a better view. But at the moment I see us almost sign Cabaye (who by all accounts is a good seems a good buy) and be strongly linked with Gervinho and Gameiro. Now if we lose Barton and Nolan but sign these 3 I'll be more than happy. I'll also happily sacrifice Barton and Nolan for Enrique as Enrique will be the most difficult to replace.

Taking the p*ss I hope?

Tiote will still have 4 and a half years left by then.

i'm assuming he meant by the end of the proposed new deals for barton and nolan?

Guest axel

If Nolan and Barton goes, wouldnt mind seeing Craig Gardner coming in. Really impressed me this season.