Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest MrSundlofer

There shouldn't be a situation. He is contracted to the club for two more years.

?

He has rejected a new contract offer - that is the situation!!!!

There shouldn't be a situation. He is contracted to the club for two more years.

:sadnod:

And it's all complete speculation anyway. What is an 'unfair' contract offer, or 'asking for too much'?

We simply don't know if the club have offered him 2k a week, or he's demanding 90k.

?

... and he has 2 years left on his current one. There is no situation.

I understand the idea of keeping them both, I wish we could whilst adding quality to the squad. But what do we do to keep them? Do we give Barton a 4 year contract (if thats what he's asking for of course) do we give Nolan what he wants?

For the people who think this is a bad situation with Barton and Nolan what would you see as reasonable to keep them.

All we have heard is from the players side, maybe the club are being bastards we don't know but we can't pay over massive wages and long contracts. Look at Smith, there is every chance in a couple of seasons that Nolan would be on massive wages with plenty of time left on his contract and contributing jack shit. People will be calling Nolan a cunt just like they are calling Smith a cunt. In a few seasons we could have a situation where Barton and Nolan are doing fuck all for us whilst earning more than a decent wage. At a maximum I see Nolan lasting another 2 seasons for us which sees us to the end of his contract. I'd be happy for him to run that down.

I understand the idea of keeping them both, I wish we could whilst adding quality to the squad. But what do we do to keep them? Do we give Barton a 4 year contract (if thats what he's asking for of course) do we give Nolan what he wants?

For the people who think this is a bad situation with Barton and Nolan what would you see as reasonable to keep them.

All we have heard is from the players side, maybe the club are being bastards we don't know but we can't pay over massive wages and long contracts. Look at Smith, there is every chance in a couple of seasons that Nolan would be on massive wages with plenty of time left on his contract and contributing jack s***. People will be calling Nolan a c*** just like they are calling Smith a c***. In a few seasons we could have a situation where Barton and Nolan are doing f*** all for us whilst earning more than a decent wage. At a maximum I see Nolan lasting another 2 seasons for us which sees us to the end of his contract. I'd be happy for him to run that down.

:thup: yup wheres the crisis?

Guest MrSundlofer

?

... and he has 2 years left on his current one. There is no situation.

I would prefer a conversation about Kevin Nolan and the report that he has rejected a contract. Not a short answer about it's not a situation. It's clearly a situation we have here: A contract offer rejected. How? Why? I understand he has 2 years left on his contract, but a rejected contract from Nolan may have an impact on the squad and/or on certain players. Nolan is a popular player in the squad.

That's why I hope they can sort this situation out....

If he's rejected the contract then just let the season ride out and re-assess the situation in 12 months time. See where we are as a club and gradually phase him out or offer him a better deal to keep him on.

No need for histrionics and hissyfits. Let it ride.

I can.

I'd really like you to name them.

Someone cited Carrick, Barry and Parker's wages earlier for comparison. Well, Man U could afford to take a bit of a punt on Carrick (and of course they kept Scholes and Giggs), Man City are on a different planet and West Ham seem to have lost their minds on wages a couple of years back. Everybody should now be cutting their cloth according to what they have coming in.

To echo Neil from outside - the only indisputable fact is that Barton and Nolan were central to survival this year. I'd be looking for tweaks rather than major overhauls, and losing Barton (as well as Carroll) is on the side of 'major overhaul'. Nolan still has two years, so there's not a major rush. Barton is the bigger issue.

If he's rejected the contract then just let the season ride out and re-assess the situation in 12 months time. See where we are as a club and gradually phase him out or offer him a better deal to keep him on.

Exactly, I really can't see Nolan going anywhere. No club will pay the money to buy him out with 2 years left, no club will likely match his wages. He's going nowhere.

Exactly, I really can't see Nolan going anywhere. No club will pay the money to buy him out with 2 years left, no club will likely match his wages. He's going nowhere.

Yep.

Why is this even a matter roght now. 2 years left on the contract and will be 31 when that contract expires. I definately hope gradually during his last two years he will be used more as a valuable squad player anyways...

Aye, not really arsed about this like.

Definitely don't want to see him leave, but he has two years left on his deal and ideally in two years time I'd want us to have better players than him in the team.

Guest Wally_McFool

Perhaps the manager / owners foresee a midfield with both guile and more importantly - pace. Nolan ticks neither box and in my opinion wont be missed.

Agree with you about the pace and guile but I think we would miss the goals he scores. His scoring record for a midfielder aint too shabby.

Perhaps the manager / owners foresee a midfield with both guile and more importantly - pace. Nolan ticks neither box and in my opinion wont be missed.

And his leadership and goals? I suppose they won't be missed either?

They will be missed if he leaves, but I'll ask again what should the club do to keep Nolan? What would be seen as acceptable? We don't know who is being unreasonable. Are Nolans demands too much? Are the club offering a pittance?

pace and more importantly guile surely ?

They will be missed if he leaves, but I'll ask again what should the club do to keep Nolan? What would be seen as acceptable? We don't know who is being unreasonable. Are Nolans demands too much? Are the club offering a pittance?

True. To be honest, I personally wouldn't offer him a contract beyond 2013, because he is so limited physically and technically.

Barton is different though, can see him being a quality player in his early-mid thirties.