Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I'm a huge Nolan fan and I think his impact in the dressing room means any transfer will be bad news for us but from a purely footballing point of view I'm struggling to think where he'll fit in next season if Cabaye signs, especially if Gosling gets fit too.

Oh, and Parker was shite. We were well rid of him.

You don't know where to fit in Nolan, our top scorer and one of the best scorers in the PL this season, yet you do know that he won't be playing if Cabaye, a player that you've never seen play for us, and Gosling, a player of that we don't even know if he can still run, will be ahead of him?

I'm sorry, have I upset you or something? :lol:

I think it's a question worth asking. I seriously doubt Cabaye will be bought to sit on the bench and before his injury Gosling played in a very similar way to Nolan. More competition means more chance Nolan will lose his place, especially as he has a habit of drifting out of games when he's not scoring.

Guest neesy111

Nolan won't move South.

why not like?

Young family and very settled in the North.  Likes to be close to the North West as well.

I don't think Nolan needs to play off a big front man, or needs to be let go if we improve our midfield. He just needs players around him to do running and enough possession for him to get into his goal scoring positions.

Would be sad to see him go this summer, and I still don't think it will happen.

Look at the breakdown of the goals I posted earlier, take away the big front men or take away Barton and he's down to <5 goals a season, but If centre backs could stand in for Ameobi/Carroll's role at corners he could still get a few. The biggest consideration I think is the signing of Gameiro, if we get a quick player who is also a poacher, then Nolan is definitely surplus to requirements.

My main concern is his age, sure he's influential, but do we want a captain on the decline, soon to become the new Alan Smith, or do we want one which matches the ambition and skill of the team.

For me selling Nolan is less about getting a certain fee and would be more about securing a guarantee that we'd replace him. sell for £5m and splurge £8m on Marvin Martin and i dont think too many would be complaining.

Nolan won't move South.

why not like?

Young family and very settled in the North.  Likes to be close to the North West as well.

i think the offer of a long contract could quite easily change that. Football is a short career, he will want to get the best deal he can for him and his family.

For me selling Nolan is less about getting a certain fee and would be more about securing a guarantee that we'd replace him. sell for £5m and splurge £8m on Marvin Martin and i dont think too many would be complaining.

Agreed, I think that's the ideal scenario. Marvin Martin or Jeremy Menez in replacement.

I'm a huge Nolan fan and I think his impact in the dressing room means any transfer will be bad news for us but from a purely footballing point of view I'm struggling to think where he'll fit in next season if Cabaye signs, especially if Gosling gets fit too.

Oh, and Parker was shite. We were well rid of him.

You don't know where to fit in Nolan, our top scorer and one of the best scorers in the PL this season, yet you do know that he won't be playing if Cabaye, a player that you've never seen play for us, and Gosling, a player of that we don't even know if he can still run, will be ahead of him?

I'm sorry, have I upset you or something? :lol:

I think it's a question worth asking. I seriously doubt Cabaye will be bought to sit on the bench and before his injury Gosling played in a very similar way to Nolan. More competition means more chance Nolan will lose his place, especially as he has a habit of drifting out of games when he's not scoring.

Agree with that. If they do well (better than Nolan) there's no doubt that they should be playing.

But as I've said, we haven't seen Cabaye in a PL team yet and we haven't seen Gosling for a very, very long time (apart from those 2 minutes or so he got against Sunderland, of course) so you never now how they'll do next season.

I don't think Nolan needs to play off a big front man, or needs to be let go if we improve our midfield. He just needs players around him to do running and enough possession for him to get into his goal scoring positions.

Would be sad to see him go this summer, and I still don't think it will happen.

Look at the breakdown of the goals I posted earlier, take away the big front men or take away Barton and he's down to <5 goals a season, but If centre backs could stand in for Ameobi/Carroll's role at corners he could still get a few. The biggest consideration I think is the signing of Gameiro, if we get a quick player who is also a poacher, then Nolan is definitely surplus to requirements.

My main concern is his age, sure he's influential, but do we want a captain on the decline, soon to become the new Alan Smith, or do we want one which matches the ambition and skill of the team.

Theres no point predicting really or seeing where his goals would come from, you really never know in football. I'd keep him for next season, if he has a shocker of a season then sell him. Based on his goals last season he's worth more than 5m.

Overall, I'm just disappointed that we're already discussing the departure of two of our most important players, with another almost universally accepted to be going as well.

Losing Barton, Nolan and Enrique could be a big gamble unless we're mega-confident of the signings we have lined up.

Overall, I'm just disappointed that we're already discussing the departure of two of our most important players, with another almost universally accepted to be going as well.

Losing Barton, Nolan and Enrique could be a big gamble unless we're mega-confident of the signings we have lined up.

It's stupid really.

If we're going for a nippy single striker in some sort of 451/433, Ben Arfa could be Nolan's replacement with Cabaye and Tiote behind.

That's only the fist time mind, no matter who we bring in we need to be keeping every decent player from this season IMO.

Guest axel

West Ham ITK claiming £3m + Nolan for Parker deal in the works.

Pardew's idea.

Parker coming back? Tiote on his way?  :shifty:

Good.

:idiot2:

I don't see the club not giving Nolan a 5 year deal to bring in Parker who will be 31 soon.

I very much doubt he'd want to come back here anyway.

Agree with both of these points. Can't see us signing anyone above the age of 29 in this window.