Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Quite a bit of difference between repeating a post on a online fans forum and writing incorrect information in a national newspaper, as the deputy football correspondent. Unlike you, I don't have the time to read every single post on this website ...

Pitiful Chris, pitiful.

Guest Roger Kint

Maybe if he read the page he was on at the time of telling somebody they made a stupid post he would have seen the discussion about it in the preceeding 14 posts or so  :undecided:

2 years left on his deal, why is this now an issue? Just wait until next summer to discuss contracts....any fee we'd get for Nolan now would be pittance compared to what he can do in 2 more years here. We'd never get a good fee for him and in 2 years time I imagine he'd barely be able to move. Just let him see it out. For Barton/Enrique I can understand the club's panic, but Nolan? He's got ages left, man.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well, if you say so, after all - you know best.  :thup:

Correct. Now get back to writing your blog about 'climbing the ladder'.

;D

2 years left on his deal, why is this now an issue? Just wait until next summer to discuss contracts....any fee we'd get for Nolan now would be pittance compared to what he can do in 2 more years here. We'd never get a good fee for him and in 2 years time I imagine he'd barely be able to move. Just let him see it out. For Barton/Enrique I can understand the club's panic, but Nolan? He's got ages left, man.

Exactly.

so we're saying 5m is nolans value then are we? 

was just wondering, wouldn't bite for that myself just yet but if there's a long term strategic footballing plan in place that doesn't involve nolan i'd rather have 3m now than pay his wages for the next 2 years while he rots on the bench

let's be honest, doesn't look likely to fit into our style of play if we sign some of our targets does he?

So should Nolan leave, that could leave our squad possibly depleted of Nolan, Barton, Enrique and Smith- aye, I know it's a bonus Smith leaving, but his inclusion stresses the lack of numbers we'd be left with. On the flip side we have Cabaye (most likely) coming in and possibly young Neil Taylor from Swansea.

However, if that chunk of our (best) senior players leave then it leaves us with a lot of work to do and Pardew faces pretty much a squad rebuilding task on his hands and, sadly, players like Neil Taylor wont rebuild the squad- we need instant quality as well as competition/depth.

What ever the think of Ashley/Llambias is I don't have a clue, and I don't think anyone else has the clearest notion either, but whatever the hell it is they better get it right this time because this is our chance to build a platform to further progress the club to back where it belongs.

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those transfer windows where we end up with a couple of good signings but a squad that's just as thin as it was beforehand.

Being us, we can never rule anything out :(.

let's be honest, doesn't look likely to fit into our style of play if we sign some of our targets does he?

'If' being the most important word there.

I'd not sell anyone until we're absolutely sure that we WILL get in replacements who are of a better quality. Nolan's proven as a Premiership midfielder, whatever else people might think of him. I think we can do better, but he's decent and I'd not want to end up in the situation where Nolan and Barton leave but then Gervinho et al tell us to sod ff and we have to sign Billy Bloggs from Droylsdon 3rd XI over 40s team as he's the only bugger left who'll come on August 31st.

I'd not sell anyone until we're absolutely sure that we WILL get in replacements who are of a better quality. Nolan's proven as a Premiership midfielder, whatever else people might think of him. I think we can do better, but he's decent and I'd not want to end up in the situation where Nolan and Barton leave but then Gervinho et al tell us to sod ff and we have to sign Billy Bloggs from Droylsdon 3rd XI over 40s team as he's the only bugger left who'll come on August 31st.

Definitely.

Guest icemanblue

For me, it's simple. We shouldn't be looking to sell any of our regulars from this season.

Buy better players, and increase the size and quality of the squad. It's not rocket science.

For me, it's simple. We shouldn't be looking to sell any of our regulars from this season.

Buy better players, and increase the size and quality of the squad. It's not rocket science.

Basically, yeah.

I don't understand how West Ham can be bidding this amount anyway. Apparently they've offered to double Ba's wages to keep him for a season in the Championship too.

Aye, it doesn't make sense really. West Ham must have lost a lot of money for being relegated, they have the Olympic Stadium to worry about so where's the money coming from (especially when none of the players have been sold yet).

Not much of a worry if you're being given a stadium and a wodge of taxpayers cash on top /bitterSpursfan

Definitely.

i don't recall advocating we should mind

Definitely.

i don't recall advocating we should mind

No you didn't. I was more agreeing to the point that if we do sell someone this summer (which could definitely the case), there should be a replacement already in the shadows so that our squad doesn't become paper thin.

I'm definitely against selling Nolan this season or next if you're wondering what I think.