Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Fucking rank this like, the bloke is an absolute legend. All I can (rather callously) say is that I hope we've forgotten all about him come Christmas, simply because we're doing so well that it doesn't even register and that he's not missed.

But really it is a shame if he is forgotten so easily, been involved in some of the happiest times of my Toon-supporting life. The hat-trick against the Mackems alone should put him into the "cult hero" bracket at the very least.

I love how for the majority of the season people have been complaining about Nolan, saying he's a passenger and so forth and now that he's gone it's a disaster. Some people just want to moan about the team whatever the outcome. Personally, I'll wait to see if a replacement is brought in. If not, then I will give out. TBH, if we were to sign someone like N'Zogbia soon I'd forget about Nolan (which is saying something as Nolan has been my favorite player over the last two seasons).

Fucking rank this like, the bloke is an absolute legend. All I can (rather callously) say is that I hope we've forgotten all about him come Christmas, simply because we're doing so well that it doesn't even register and that he's not missed.

But really it is a shame if he is forgotten so easily, been involved in some of the happiest times of my Toon-supporting life. The hat-trick against the Mackems alone should put him into the "cult hero" bracket at the very least.

You knock up a little shrine if it makes you feel better Rich. Candles on top of an empty KFC bucket.  :weep:

Over the last couple of seasons we've enjoyed the best team spirit at NUFC since the Keegan era, and that was down, in no small part, to Kevin Nolan.

We've just ripped the heart out of the dressing room and, irrespective of how many individuals we bring in, that's going to show on the pitch next season.

Why can't it ever just be the right time to part ways? I honestly think if he'd have spent any longer here he'd have become unhappy due to not playing as much. As it is he's played a major role in the club, helping us through some rough times and brought some good memories like the Sunderland goals, winning countless points in the Championship with important goals etc.

He'll go down a bit of a legend, as in some ways Hughton has, and will stay that way because he didn't stay long enough for the downturn in form/importance.

The only disappointing thing for me is the probable smear campaign from Ashley/Llambias which will ensue, when in reality they should be thanking him for what he's done and explaining to fans the reasons for wanting rid.

Spot on. Some of the grief he's been getting is, quite frankly, bang out of order but I wouldn't expect anything less. It seems you must despise every player who leaves the club these days.

Over the last couple of seasons we've enjoyed the best team spirit at NUFC since the Keegan era, and that was down, in no small part, to Kevin Nolan.

We've just ripped the heart out of the dressing room and, irrespective of how many individuals we bring in, that's going to show on the pitch next season.

Could show on the pitch. Could.

There are no certainties in football.

Why can't it ever just be the right time to part ways? I honestly think if he'd have spent any longer here he'd have become unhappy due to not playing as much. As it is he's played a major role in the club, helping us through some rough times and brought some good memories like the Sunderland goals, winning countless points in the Championship with important goals etc.

He'll go down a bit of a legend, as in some ways Hughton has, and will stay that way because he didn't stay long enough for the downturn in form/importance.

The only disappointing thing for me is the probable smear campaign from Ashley/Llambias which will ensue, when in reality they should be thanking him for what he's done and explaining to fans the reasons for wanting rid.

Yes.

Said it before but the lack of any kind of communication from the top makes every situation we go through 10 times worse.

Guest BooBoo

Saddened by this news, a true hero of the club and pivotal to our resurrection.

This club treats everyone associated with it like shite. It's clear that they dont want anyone there still on "big money". The only question is who'll be next for the exit. Plus I fear how this will affect morale.

Guest dogbeak

i'm not here to give the guy grief, but 'absolute legend'? howay man. to my mind that's putting him in the same bracket as players like beardsley / shearer / lee / solano, and is just crazy nonsense.

I can't understand why Nolan would be happy to go down to the Championship. You'd have thought other Premiership clubs would be interested in him now it's obvious he is available. I guess West Ham are the only club willing to offer Nolan a long enough contract on wages acceptable to him?

As for NUFC selling him, he has 2 years still to run on his contract. I can only assume Nolan wanted a new contract which is why NUFC were even negotiating with him. NUFC's contract negotiation policy seems to be "Here is our offer, if you turn it down we will sell you". I don't have a problem with that or the incentive based contracts supposedly being offered. I'd have liked Nolan to stay another season but I would not give a 29 year old player a 4 year contract.

If Kevin Nolan is this brilliant player and inspirational leader why is he dropping down to the Championship?

£££ and stability for his family would be my guess.

A premiership club could not offer him that?

Well, we certainly fucking can't offer either.

All those happy to see him leave, assuming that we actually replace him, have you got any ideas who we could get that is better than Nolan?

In terms of ability? Cabaye?

All those happy to see him leave, assuming that we actually replace him, have you got any ideas who we could get that is better than Nolan?

As a midfielder, yes, I'd say there is literally hundreds of midfielders available that are better.

That is not my worry with this sale however. It's replacing a leader and a captain that is difficult, which is what I don't think the people at the top understand.

f***ing rank this like, the bloke is an absolute legend. All I can (rather callously) say is that I hope we've forgotten all about him come Christmas, simply because we're doing so well that it doesn't even register and that he's not missed.

:thup:

i'm not here to give the guy grief, but 'absolute legend'? howay man. to my mind that's putting him in the same bracket as players like beardsley / shearer / lee / solano, and is just crazy nonsense.

"Absolute legend" tends to be a pretty common phrase to hoy about for someone who is a decent bloke and well-liked by many.

Wasn't exactly meaning a literal legend in the Pele stakes and to be honest I didn't expect to have to make that clear to anyone really, it's that obvious.

There are plenty of players out there that are better than him - the question is how much are the club prepared to pay?

In terms of ability? Cabaye?

More the overall package he brings.

If Kevin Nolan is this brilliant player and inspirational leader why is he dropping down to the Championship?

£££ and stability for his family would be my guess.

A premiership club could not offer him that?

Well, we certainly f***ing can't offer either.

Good - stability I am guessing is a lengthy contract, certainly would not have given him that and ££££ I am guessing is similar to what he is reportedly on now, again I would not give him that