Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I love how for the majority of the season people have been complaining about Nolan, saying he's a passenger and so forth and now that he's gone it's a disaster. Some people just want to moan about the team whatever the outcome. Personally, I'll wait to see if a replacement is brought in. If not, then I will give out. TBH, if we were to sign someone like N'Zogbia soon I'd forget about Nolan (which is saying something as Nolan has been my favorite player over the last two seasons).

:clap:

well said

It's true. It's always the same group of people who try desperately to twist everything into negativity. Can be very tiresome.

Maybe you should learn how to read. Most comments on here have been objective about the possible failure of finding an adequate replacement, the effect this had on team morale, wishing him all the best, thanking him for his services, and how hard it is to find a direct replacement who cares as much as Nolan did.

But apparently one can only hold one extreme opinion on any given topic, either "he's sh1t," or "he's great, lyk."

And no debate should ever take place.

Guest johnson293

I love how for the majority of the season people have been complaining about Nolan, saying he's a passenger and so forth and now that he's gone it's a disaster. Some people just want to moan about the team whatever the outcome. Personally, I'll wait to see if a replacement is brought in. If not, then I will give out. TBH, if we were to sign someone like N'Zogbia soon I'd forget about Nolan (which is saying something as Nolan has been my favorite player over the last two seasons).

Exactly.

I actually had to double check these posts. I was surprised to find people were agreeing with me :lol:

I pointed it out earlier today... look back at the abuse Nolan was getting at the start of this thread, which was only 9 months ago.

After the Barton contract issues, it just seems some people are happy to have something else to criticise the club for.

Guest johnson293

Just out of interest, how many goals did Nolan score after we sold Carroll?

2 (v Bolton and Wolves at home)

Exactly.

I actually had to double check these posts. I was surprised to find people were agreeing with me :lol:

I pointed it out earlier today... look back at the abuse Nolan was getting at the start of this thread, which was only 9 months ago.

After the Barton contract issues, it just seems some people are happy to have something else to criticise the club for.

Sorry man, been at work all day and haven't had a chance to read all the posts. Just got a general run through.

To be quite honest, since the Carroll sale, I've grown a bit numb to any sales/potential sales, as nothing suprises me now. It's a big blow of course, as many have said his leadership will be hard to replace as will his goals, however if we do go for the pacey, grass football approach then I do struggle to put him in the first team, if the right players are brought in. At this stage, no hard feelings, the guy has done a massive amount for our club these past two seasons, so I wish him all the best. :)

Guest johnson293

well said

It's true. It's always the same group of people who try desperately to twist everything into negativity. Can be very tiresome.

Maybe you should learn how to read. Most comments on here have been objective about the possible failure of finding an adequate replacement, the effect this had on team morale, wishing him all the best, thanking him for his services, and how hard it is to find a direct replacement who cares as much as Nolan did.

But apparently one can only hold one extreme opinion on any given topic, either "he's sh1t," or "he's great, lyk."

And no debate should ever take place.

For what its worth, I certainly don't think he's Shit, and appreciate everything he's done for us, especially the 4 goals v the mackems. However, I can also fully understand why the club is reluctant to tie players of a certain age down to longterm deals...regardless of who they are.

Nolan could end up in a similar position as Alan Smith if he stayed on a longterm deal, and how many still want Alan Smith here??

Just out of interest, how many goals did Nolan score after we sold Carroll?

Interesting.

Indeed, but without having a look into any stats now - haven't we overall as a team scored far less goals during that second half of the season without Carroll? Just a guess.

Disappointed, but nobody should be surprised he's gone - or to West Ham. As well as Nolan and Big Sam being close, Mark Curtis - Nolan's agent - is, er, a preferred business partner of Allardyce. 

As for Nolan himself, given that he persuaded Andy Carroll to switch agents to Curtis (why do that other than for a nice little earner?), I've no doubt he asked the club for a hefty pay rise, but how many players are going to ask Ashley for a pay hike/longer contract (or both) before they realise he will never be strong-armed? He's never bowed to other people's wishes at any time during his business career. He doesn't play by rules - business rules, football rules or otherwise.

well said

Try to find any moaning from me regarding Nolan. There is none.

And we salute you Mr.  :lol:

Lets face it, Nolan is a average player. And in general play contributes little to our play.

He happen to score 12 goals and someone had to drink piss. But i doubt he will score 12 next season, and then he is a passenger imo.

We need more dynamic players, and strikers that scores for us.

Don`t get me wrong, i love the man to death as a person. But for the club to evolve, we need better players.

well said

Try to find any moaning from me regarding Nolan. There is none.

And we salute you Mr.  :lol:

Lets face it, Nolan is a average player. And in general play contributes little to our play.

He happen to score 12 goals and someone had to drink piss. But i doubt he will score 12 next season, and then he is a passenger imo.

We need more dynamic players, and strikers that scores for us.

Don`t get me wrong, i love the man to death as a person. But for the club to evolve, we need better players.

And when these better players are injured, Ryan Taylor will fill in. Hurray.

I wonder who we're going to sign to replace Nolan in the squad then? Next season will be quite some turnaround if we're to have no injuries or suspensions and CAF give us a handy ACN exemption.

Precisely the point most of us are making. He should've been kept around as a squad player at the very least, he could've even gone into a coaching role once he retires. But oh well, we have to get rid of him, Joey and Jose now and start building our nucleus all over again. We all know how easy that is, and, as Wullie mentioned, how easy it is to find cover for our lightning-fast-Messi-like replacements.

My personal taked on Nolan is that as an impact player from the bench he would be pretty limited.

He's never going to change the pattern of a game, so you're relying on him being in the right place at the right time. Couple that with an apparent switch in style to a smaller front man and more fluent passing, he becomes more and more marginalised.

On this, I'm not too sad to see him leave. However, we do need to beef out the squad somewhat - I cold see us giving Ireland another loan if Big Eck doesn't fancy him.

Guest palnese

He said in an interview with NufcTV that he will not accept a role as a squadplayer. That may the reason behind this move.

He said in an interview with NufcTV that he will not accept a role as a squadplayer. That may the reason behind this move.

Really? I distinctly remember an article in the Chronicle/Journal where he accepted that for the team to move forward he'd be playing less. Tried to find it earlier to no avail.

Precisely the point most of us are making. He should've been kept around as a squad player at the very least, he could've even gone into a coaching role once he retires. But oh well, we have to get rid of him, Joey and Jose now and start building our nucleus all over again. We all know how easy that is, and, as Wullie mentioned, how easy it is to find cover for our lightning-fast-Messi-like replacements.

While I would have been all for Nolan staying as a squad player, I don't think the club is in a position to keep players earning big money if they're going to sit on the bench and with Gosling hopefully reaching fitness it makes sense to bring him on instead.