Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

We need a second half decent midfielder with legs to utilise when Tiote is out, so that Nolan can do what he does. Surprisingly we didn't struggle as much today with our midfield, but it was due to the fact that Richardson and Henderson were so woeful, as they couldn't even take advantage of their better mobility.

A Nolan and Smith/Guthrie combination against the Spurs and Fulham in the next couple of games will not be as comfortable, and it is likely the same old complaints will arise again concerning Nolan's inability to not do much else when he is outside the box.

We need a second half decent midfielder with legs to utilise when Tiote is out, so that Nolan can do what he does. Surprisingly we didn't struggle as much today with our midfield, but it was due to the fact that Richardson and Henderson were so woeful, as they couldn't even take advantage of their better mobility.

A Nolan and Smith/Guthrie combination against the Spurs and Fulham in the next couple of games will not be as comfortable, and it is likely the same old complaints will arise again concerning Nolan's inability to not do much else when he is outside the box.

hopefully gosling might be that player once he gets some gametime under his belt

Gosling is supposed to be high energy even if he isn't very quick. My concern though is one of his attributes is getting into good shooting positions so alongside Nolan they could leave a big space behind them.

Said it before but he is tidy as fuck too, play a ball into him and he will get it to a black and white shirt the majority of the team. Whack a ball into him and he will normally bring it down.

And he also turns like an oil tanker. I don't really see what's tidy about that.

Said it before but he is tidy as fuck too, play a ball into him and he will get it to a black and white shirt the majority of the team. Whack a ball into him and he will normally bring it down.

And he also turns like an oil tanker. I don't really see what's tidy about that.

Unless he crashes or sinks I think it can be classed as tidy.

Not when he loses the ball more often than not.

Guest toonlass

He's just class. But it's not just the goals, it's the fact that he has a presence on the pitch and in the squad. When EMO was captain I was critical of him being in that role because if he wasn't scoring then he couldn't motivate himself never mind the rest of the team. Nolan is a different kettle of fish. His role as captain is just as important as any goals he's scored, he takes it really seriously and has done a lot for team spirit, you have still got to love both his gurning at the keepers at free kicks and his chicken dance!

Post-Shearer Captains:

Scott Parker :(

Geremi :lol:

Michael Owen :rant:

Nicky Butt :kinnear:

Kevin Nolan http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/misc/dancing-chicken.gif

:laugh:

it´s so sad when you think of the captains before Nolan. WTF, no wounder we got relegated.

Said it before but he is tidy as f*** too, play a ball into him and he will get it to a black and white shirt the majority of the team. Whack a ball into him and he will normally bring it down.

But he doesn't.

Actually our entire midifield deserves a lot of credit yesterday. Notice that everytime Willicinni headed those long balls, one of our midifielders would be first to the second ball. Think Nolan actually did put in a good shift yesterday, and he will have to for the next two games without Tiote.   

Said it before but he is tidy as f*** too, play a ball into him and he will get it to a black and white shirt the majority of the team. Whack a ball into him and he will normally bring it down.

But he doesn't.

He does it at least a couple of times a game when he tries to turn.

Post-Shearer Captains:

Scott Parker :(

Geremi :lol:

Michael Owen :rant:

Nicky Butt :kinnear:

Kevin Nolan http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/misc/dancing-chicken.gif

Alan Smith?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070206120652/uncyclopedia/images/5/5d/058.jpg