Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest Chubby Jason

By seriously comparing him to Kieron Dyer.

You make out Dyer is up there with the best of the best. He flattered to deceive most of the time and spent ridiculous amount of time injured.

He was a total bell-end to boot.

The general gist of it seems to be that although Dyer is clearly better with a ball at his feet than Nolan will ever be, he was injured far too often, and Niola, despite his limitations has scored 11 goals from midfield this season. And for those reasons some people would rather have Nolan in this squad than a young Dyer. I personaly wouldn't, but I can see where there coming from.

Nolan isn't shite, and Dyer wasn't Lionel Messi.

Nolan doesn't even come close to our starting eleven from that era. Not even fucking close. Not even if you could guarantee his fitness for eleventy billion years. They're incomparable in terms of quality. Dyer was the much, much better player and there's no reasonable argument that can be against that.

I agree and actually if you had the Dyer of old in this team we have now then it would be improve it a hell of a lot.

You'll never see Nolan put in a performance like Dyer did at St. Mary's.  Or Score a goal like Dyer did at Goodison.

Simply because he's not good enough to be able to.

I'm devastated. I guess I'll just have to settle for a hat trick against the mackems. Woe is me.

You'll never see Nolan put in a performance like Dyer did at St. Mary's.  Or Score a goal like Dyer did at Goodison.

you'll never see Dyer score a hat-rick or do a chicken dance.

I'm devastated. I guess I'll just have to settle for a hat trick against the mackems. Woe is me.

Missing the point as per.

I acknowledge that there is no one else in our squad that could do a job Nolan does (Getting on the end of things, being in the right place at the right time) and his goals have been absolutely key for us, but as an overall footballer he doesn't have a patch on Dyer.

Lampard scores 3 times as many goals as Xavi, who's the better player?

Has this debate seriously come down to "x player scored a beter goal, ner ner ner ner ner" :lol:

Fuck me, we were aparantly in for Bradley Johnson, he scored a cracker against Arsenal, pribably better than any Xavi has ever and will ever score, clearly he is the better footballer

I acknowledge that there is no one else in our squad that could do a job Nolan does (Getting on the end of things, being in the right place at the right time) and his goals have been absolutely key for us, but as an overall footballer he doesn't have a patch on Dyer.

Right, how much a player contributes to the team consistently is completely irrelevant in lieu of this abstract concept of "being a better footballer" which I guess for you basically means being fast and having better technique.

I am not even going to entertain the Lampard-Xavi comparison. What completely unabashed absurdity.

Right, how much a player contributes to the team consistently is completely irrelevant in lieu of this abstract concept of "being a better footballer" which I guess for you basically means being fast and having better technique.

I am not even going to entertain the Lampard-Xavi comparison. What completely unabashed absurdity.

not really

Could Ben Arfa play the role that Dyer did for us from the centre? Not that he's got the same engine to do that (well we do have Tiote now)

His natural talent is way beyond Dyer's was but i've got doubts, probably better in a free role between midfield and attack or as a LW.

Nolan more effective, Dyer more talented. End of lesson.

What do you mean by effective? If you mean that Nolan has a bigger impact on matches than Dyer then you could not be more wrong, and you must have missed those two magical seasons under SBR.

The only argument that you could reasonably make - and it would by no means be inarguable - is that Nolan is a more important player for his team than Dyer was for his. That, of course, ignores the respective positions of the teams and their respective aims.

Honestly, this is like comparing a Ferrari to a fucking Toyota. Just because a Toyota doesn't break down doesn't mean you'd rather drive it if the Ferrari was sitting in your garage. Any person with a functioning brain picks the Ferrari without hesitation, and any intelligent football fan picks Dyer over Nolan without a moment's hesitation. There is no argument.

Nolan more effective, Dyer more talented. End of lesson.

Absolutely this. I know when he was on song, Dyer was easily the better player, but in terms of who has had a bigger impact on the club and contributed tangible positive things, Nolan wins hands down.

Dyer flattered to decieve most of the time, anyway. He was all fart and no shit for a lot of the time.

Kieron Dyer played three times in the World Cup. Nolan will never, ever come close to playing on that platform, at that level. Ever. This is such a ridiculous argument.

What you have to factor into this argument is that Dyer was a bit of a cock and fan's view of him is jaundiced by that. Dyer was hated by a large section of the fans and it's reflected in a lot of the discussions around him. Remember the legendary thread "Dyer twatted in the Attic"? People were whooping with delight at the thought.

Better to look at the football judges that don't have an axe to grind and who they would pick.

Bobby Robson: Dyer

England selectors: Dyer

Man U scouts: Dyer

Any club that doesn't have much money or serious ambition: Nolan

end of story.