Telegraph: Leeds 'interested' in Alan Smith

Decky

He's an integral part of our team. He can pop up anywhere.

Seriously though, that Mark Douglas is talking shite surely. Why would we not want to get rid of him? He's just one of those players we've not been able to shift 'cause no one's too stupid to pay through the nose for such an average player. If we can somehow pawn him off to someone, we'll do it, surely?

He's an integral part of our team. He can pop up anywhere.

Seriously though, that Mark Douglas is talking s**** surely. Why would we not want to get rid of him? He's just one of those players we've not been able to shift 'cause no one's too stupid to pay through the nose for such an average player. If we can somehow pawn him off to someone, we'll do it, surely?

Of course we will. There's no way Pardew can justify having a player on his wages* who is not starting every week. We can get 2 decent backup players for 60k a week, and Ashley will know it.

*speculating, but howay he'll be on silly money

I think Ashley would be delighted to see the back of Smith. A player reported on colossal wages, having literally no contribution from an actual footballing point of view. He'd be as glad to see the back of the shit bastard as we would be.

I think Ashley would be delighted to see the back of Smith. A player reported on colossal wages, having literally no contribution from an actual footballing point of view. He'd be as glad to see the back of the s*** b****** as we would be.

:sadnod: Which I why I think the Mark Douglas twitter stuff is complete bollocks.

Guest Heneage

Wasn't Smith the first name Ashley got on his shirt?

Oh yeah. Ashley doesn't want to waste his money on another shirt. Bound to stay.

My point was, would that not suggest he thinks quite highly of Mr Smith, in which case doesn't want to sell him.

If he thought that highly of Smith, he'd be leaning on Pardew to play him more.

*insert joke about Ashley being fat and leaning on Pardew and suffocating/killing him*

Wasn't Smith the first name Ashley got on his shirt?

Oh yeah. Ashley doesn't want to waste his money on another shirt. Bound to stay.

My point was, would that not suggest he thinks quite highly of Mr Smith, in which case doesn't want to sell him.

Of course I was taking the piss, but I don't think we can read much into it. That was 2 years ago now. Probably just got it as he was in that period of 'being a fan' so wanted to just do a fan-type thing.

Still stood out despite the rest of the team dragging him down on Wednesday. I would have him back here in a shot, pirouettes and all. Shouldn't have been sold in favour of Smith/Barton to begin with and he never wanted to leave, thought the booing was pretty harsh on weds tbh. That said with the money West Ham would want it would be easier to buy someone much more effective for our needs.

Where is this Parker back in talk coming from? Surely he'd be prohibitively expensive considering that he's the only thing standing between West Ham and the Championship right now. We'd have to give them more than the 5m they paid us.

And yes, it was always a mistake to sell him, although it hurts a lot less now that his replacement (Barton) has finally come good.