Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

It is thought Gutiérrez, who refused to quit Tyneside when Newcastle were relegated to the Championship in 2009, would have been automatically entitled to a new three-year contract at Newcastle if he played 200 games for the club. He leaves having made a total 196 appearances.

'Here, we offer you a new 4-year contract til age 32 and on top of that, add another 3 years once you reach 200 appearances. How does that sound?'

Sounds like BS. Should have made it an exclusive option to extend on the club's side like WBA did with Shane Long. Those amateurs never learn.

I think it's just something that has been made up when people look at his appearances and see how close he is to a landmark.

It is thought Gutiérrez, who refused to quit Tyneside when Newcastle were relegated to the Championship in 2009, would have been automatically entitled to a new three-year contract at Newcastle if he played 200 games for the club. He leaves having made a total 196 appearances.

'Here, we offer you a new 4-year contract til age 32 and on top of that, add another 3 years once you reach 200 appearances. How does that sound?'

Sounds like BS. Should have made it an exclusive option to extend on the club's side like WBA did with Shane Long. Those amateurs never learn.

I think it's just something that has been made up when people look at his appearances and see how close he is to a landmark.

The press used the same trick on Xisco too. How many players actually had appearance-triggered contract extensions for the media to spin such tales? And we supposedly did it a second time. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

We really have become shockingly small time, man. I don't remember this level of sadness for Robert's departure, and he had ten times the talent this carthorse does in his penis.

It's what we humans call affection, Ronaldo.

It's misplaced. Give him credit for trying by all means but what's gonna happen when a genuinely good player leaves when he doesn't really want to?

I think the point is that Jonas was a likeable player and someone who was nowhere near as bad as people like to make out.  His performances certainly dropped off last season and I don't think anyone is sad to see him leave at this stage from a purely footballing perspective but it is wrong to overlook the contributions he has made.

It's misplaced. Give him credit for trying by all means but what's gonna happen when a genuinely good player leaves when he doesn't really want to?

I think the point is that Jonas was a likeable player and someone who was nowhere near as bad as people like to make out.  His performances certainly dropped off last season and I don't think anyone is sad to see him leave at this stage from a purely footballing perspective but it is wrong to overlook the contributions he has made.

:thup:

Perfectly put.

We really have become shockingly small time, man. I don't remember this level of sadness for Robert's departure, and he had ten times the talent this carthorse does in his penis.

I upped them levels by crying but laughing at the same time watching him strip down to his boxers when saying goodbye. A memory I'll never forget. Robert always had a bit of a love/hate relationship amongst fans however. Similar to HBA now. I for one have never loved a footballer more than I did Robert.

Jonas on the other hand still deserves all the warm farewell messages he's been receiving as he no doubt loves the club and has been nothing but a great servant here who always gave his best whilst being highly respected and loved within the club.

Wonder whether Hughton will play him in the centre or out wide?  My Norwich fan mate's asking about him and I'm trying to be as diplomatic as possible. :lol:

"Great pro, lovely hair, can probably still do a job in a midfield 3, you want to hope Hughton isn't planning on playing him out wide" is the best I've managed.

Guest Roger Kint

FA Cup replay today. Your mate might be able to get an early look at him.

Not available, had to have signed before the first tie

This article really confused me, thought Holt already left?

Gutierrez deal may signal Holt departure

Last Updated: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:03

Norwich%20City

Jonas Gutierrez's arrival at Norwich on loan from Newcastle could pave the way for Grant Holt to join Aston Villa this month.

The 30-year-old Gutierrez posted a series of farewell messages on his personal Twitter account over the weekend suggesting that his time at Newcastle was over and his switch to Carrow Road was confirmed on Monday evening.

He will now link-up once again with Canaries boss Chris Hughton, who was in charge at St James' Park between June 2009 and December 2010 as he led the Magpies out of the Championship and back into the top flight.

However, his arrival means there could be scope for Holt to leave and he has been heavily linked with a move to Villa, where he would link up again with former Norwich boss Paul Lambert.

Former Villa striker Stan Collymore tweeted late on Monday that Holt was expected to be unveiled by the Midlanders this week and, while Lambert has refused to confirm he is close to doing a deal, widespread reports suggest an agreement is in place and Holt will arrive in order to bolster their attack.

This article really confused me, thought Holt already left?

Gutierrez deal may signal Holt departure

Last Updated: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:03

Norwich%20City

Jonas Gutierrez's arrival at Norwich on loan from Newcastle could pave the way for Grant Holt to join Aston Villa this month.

The 30-year-old Gutierrez posted a series of farewell messages on his personal Twitter account over the weekend suggesting that his time at Newcastle was over and his switch to Carrow Road was confirmed on Monday evening.

He will now link-up once again with Canaries boss Chris Hughton, who was in charge at St James' Park between June 2009 and December 2010 as he led the Magpies out of the Championship and back into the top flight.

However, his arrival means there could be scope for Holt to leave and he has been heavily linked with a move to Villa, where he would link up again with former Norwich boss Paul Lambert.

Former Villa striker Stan Collymore tweeted late on Monday that Holt was expected to be unveiled by the Midlanders this week and, while Lambert has refused to confirm he is close to doing a deal, widespread reports suggest an agreement is in place and Holt will arrive in order to bolster their attack.

:lol: Wow.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't understand the point that you're making. I'd be more gutted, especially if they had busted their arse off like Jonas has as well. Effort goes a long way with most fans. It's not like he was always shit either.