Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

If I'd been replaced in my role for 4 months by younger people better than me at my job and my own performance had deteriorated and couldn't do my job like I could do previously, I wouldn't be taken by surprise at the end if my boss then told me to look for another job, no.

You don't know the circumstances of what has happened so how can you claim you would be happy?  How do you know Jonas felt his performances had deteriorated?  He was asked by his manager to do a job and he did it, and for most of last season and at the start of this season was getting picked.  Why should he feel anything but the manager being happy with his performances?

How not? The first situation his contract changed so that there was a definite end date of June '05, yet when it was announced by Shepherd he seemed shocked by it. The second situation the player hasn't played for months, is nowhere near the team, yet seems surprised he's been told he won't play and to leave.

Jonas isn't on a rolling contract and other players have disappeared, only to come back.

If I'd been replaced in my role for 4 months by younger people better than me at my job and my own performance had deteriorated and couldn't do my job like I could do previously, I wouldn't be taken by surprise at the end if my boss then told me to look for another job, no.

You don't know the circumstances of what has happened so how can you claim you would be happy?  How do you know Jonas felt his performances had deteriorated?  He was asked by his manager to do a job and he did it, and for most of last season and at the start of this season was getting picked.  Why should he feel anything but the manager being happy with his performances?

He's started 1 game and made 1 sub app all season. the one start being the first game of the season and the sub appearance being over 3 months ago. If that's not a hint that he's no longer in the manager's plans then what is?

:lol: So how often does someone go from first name on the team-sheet to completely MIA? It seems significantly more likely this was an order from above, rather than Pards deciding all of a sudden that Jonas is shit and shouldn't ever play again.

Obviously they've played it well enough so that some people may think that he was just "out of favor", so is being shipped off.

He's started 1 game and made 1 sub app all season. the one start being the first game of the season and the sub appearance being over 3 months ago. If that's not a hint that he's no longer in the manager's plans then what is?

I think he deserved more than a "hint."

Telling a player to find a new club is never easy no matter how you word it, club/manager believes there are better option for starting and bench spots, shit happens.

It may have been down to money and contract stuff but we are not the obly club to have had these things go on. End of the day he still belongs to NUFC.

I go back to my first point then, how's telling him he's no longer good enough and we now have better than him any better?

He didn't have to be told that he's no longer good enough, it doesn't have to be one or the other.  I don't see how this could have been handled better than it appears to have been handled.

:lol: So how often does someone go from first name on the team-sheet to completely MIA?

Harper? Simpson? Cisse? Ben Arfa? S.Taylor?

Players lose form, better players come in, manager prefers someone else, etc.

Did any of those players go from playing every-single-game to not even making the bench? Given the last 3 all made an appearance at the weekend, they don't seem like great examples.

:lol: So how often does someone go from first name on the team-sheet to completely MIA?

Did any of those players go from playing every-single-game to not even making the bench? Given the last 3 all made an appearance at the weekend, they don't seem like great examples.

They all went from first-team regulars to being similarly dropped for whatever reasons.

They all went from first-team regulars to being similarly dropped for whatever reasons.

So which ones went from playing every single game, first name on the teamsheet etc, to not making the bench?

edit - he didnt even make the bench for the reprehensible FA cup as well!

It's all about respect and common courtesy Nut, if it's true then Pardew showed none at all. Treat others as you expect to be treated yourself, like Mick says. It's not only poor management in terms of Jonas, it carries across the squad too as they obviously don't want to hear that their colleague(not to mention a very popular one) is being treated like a twat by the manager.

So which ones went from playing every single game, first name on the teamsheet etc, to not making the bench?

Harper after we got Elliot. Taylor until Coloccini got injured. Simpson was our only other right-back so no alternatives to him, Ben Arfa & Cisse are better than other players not on the bench. Same can't be said for Jonas.

Diddums to Jonas then. Great bloke but needs to man up if he's whinging about this. :lol:

I hope you expect the same treatment as you're happy for him to receive.

Making more money than anyone else would dream of paying him and being kept in the side for a year despite being the weakest link game after game. Treat like a dog.

Harper after we got Elliot. Taylor until Coloccini got injured.

You see, I seem to remember Harper being on the bench a great deal, just not for away games. I also recall him getting a proper farewell by being given a first team chance at the end of the season. Seems rather contrasting to Jonas' treatment to me.

Like i said, S.Taylor. Until Coloccini was injured he wasn't even sub. For the others there's hardly an alternative, there are lots of alternatives for Jonas.

I quit.

Just an fyi, if there is a caveat, then it isn't like-for-like. But I can't be fucked to try and get this through anymore. I'm out.

Making more money than anyone else would dream of paying him and being kept in the side for a year despite being the weakest link game after game. Treat like a dog.

:lol:

How much somebody is paid should have nothing to do with how they are treated, should it?

How much somebody is paid should have nothing to do with how they are treated, should it?

:thup: Especially when they're not even paid that well in relation to how much money they're bringing in.

:thup: Especially when they're not even paid that well in relation to how much money they're bringing in.

soljers wages