Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, but the camera views and edited TV packages really do flatter his performances at times. People talk about his work rate and energy, but he's standing still most of the match. Several times today he was standing in the way of his own player.  :thdn:

Fairshout as his tracking is not once what it is but I would still say runs around a fair bit for a winger. Not in the Giggs class but a lot than most.

Once he has the ball at feet perhaps, but his off the ball movement is dire at times. Opposition Winger and Fullback come in to deal with both him and José, leaving loads of space down the flank to run into, but Jonas stands there. Waiting. For a 5 yard pass.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd agree but routledge has the worst first touch at the club, we need new wingers for competition if noubt else.

That's because has some much energy stored in his feet. Mini thermonuclear reactions happen every time he touches the ball. Probably not.

Routledge left? Serious?

I know. Madness isn't it.

I am all for Jonas keeping his place, but, if someone has to play instead of Jonas there, it should be Vukcic or Shane Ferguson.  Routledge on the left is purely madness.

Routledge left? Serious?

I know. Madness isn't it.

Jonas being in the team is madness. In this form he offers nowt.

And Routledge there would offer little more. If it has to be, then it has to be Routledge  Nolan  Tiote  Barton  for me. Barton showed today that he doesn't have to be on the right wing to offer service, and I'd rather have one player out of position than two.

Barton   Tiote   Nolan   Routledge

Is one player out of position.

No it isn't. Barton is a central midfielder, regardless of his form this season.

So Barton is a central midfielder who is better playing as a winger? I don't see how that is playing him out of position.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Barton   Tiote   Nolan   Routledge

Is one player out of position.

No it isn't. Barton is a central midfielder, regardless of his form this season.

So Barton is a central midfielder who is better playing as a winger? I don't see how that is playing him out of position.

More to do with the defensive framework working in his favour. No one is sure who's player it is to mark when he drifts inside on the attack. So he's a 'spare' player, and has plenty of space and time.

Barton isn't a winger, and isn't playing as a winger for us either, just sitting on the RM being a CM, which is better than some headless chicken winger getting 20 yards further forward hit the first man every time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Man, imagine having someone like Keith Gillespie in his prime playing for us again, hitting those balls in for Carroll. Just straight forward wing play.