Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111

While you're here Neesie, its ''España'' not ''Espania''

:lol:

I've known that since I did it.  Just kept it there to go along with the tagline of I can't spell.

Those who like him will say:

Relieves pressure

Only Ball Carrier

Looks like a Samurai

Those who aren't too keen on his football ability will say:

Can't cross accurately

Can't see a pass

Can't shoot

Runs into trouble

Offers no off the ball movement to create space for himself or others

Those who like him will counter the above with:

If he could do any of that he wouldn't be playing with us. Which while it might be accurate, doesn't deter from the fact that the above points maybe true and seems like a weak deterrent from the fact that perhaps Jonas isn't as good as we hoped he'd be.

He's not but then we knew that and have for ages. He's still well worth his place in the team considering who else is in it.

Guest neesy111

That

Relieves pressure

Only Ball Carrier

Looks like a Samurai

Can't cross accurately

Can't see a pass

Can't shoot

Runs into trouble

If he could do any of that he wouldn't be playing with us. Which while it might be accurate, doesn't deter from the fact that the above points maybe true and seems like a weak deterrent from the fact that perhaps Jonas isn't as good as we hoped he'd be.

He's not but then we knew that and have for ages. He's still well worth his place in the team considering who else is in it.

That's a point as well, he's in a total comfort zone since he can't be dropped as we have no-one to fill that position.  If he had competition he would need to up his game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Relieves pressure

Only Ball Carrier

Looks like a Samurai

Can't cross accurately

Can't see a pass

Can't shoot

Runs into trouble

Not so much that, rather I can't think of who else could play there as we look even worse without a clueless winger providing some sort of width.

I like him, he's a good worker, he has a terrible final ball, sometimes he's not interested, but when you have equally shit players around you it can't be easy, does anyone offer him a simple pass on the inside instead of strollin into the box waiting for a cross, it's not his game, he should be able to do it but he obviously can't, so the team should adapt to that, there are far bigger problems in this team than jonas, RB and chubs behind carroll

Guest neesy111

I like him, he's a good worker, he has a terrible final ball, sometimes he's not interested, but when you have equally shit players around you it can't be easy, does anyone offer him a simple pass on the inside instead of strollin into the box waiting for a cross, it's not his game, he should be able to do it but he obviously can't, so the team should adapt to that, there are far bigger problems in this team than jonas, RB and chubs behind carroll

Never ever use that an excuse for players playing shit then it's hard for him.  It should work the opposite, if he was good and the others are shit then he shoudl stand out as a good performer and he simply hasn't since he joined.

He's clearly not a shit player though is he? He beats players for fun. I know his final ball is dreadful but if a player can beat people like he can and consistently do something with it at the end, then unfortunately at the moment they don't play for Newcastle (apart from Ben Arfa, obviously).

Guest neesy111

He's clearly not a shit player though is he? He beats players for fun. I know his final ball is dreadful but if a player can beat people like he can and consistently do something with it at the end, then unfortunately at the moment they don't play for Newcastle (apart from Ben Arfa, obviously).

Yes, if he can't provide any service at all then his duty to the team is flawed.  A winger is supposed to provide goals to the strikers, and this guy doesn't do it.  I feel this thread is going go down only 1 way, and to comparisons with Robert :lol:

Guest neesy111

Just look at a winger today i.e. Nani, put two of the best crosses i've seen this season.  I've never ever seen this guy do it once in over 2 years.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wullie but Jonas doesn't beat people for fun anymore, not sure he ever did outside of that Man U game.

A typical Jonas game will see him run into defenders more often than beating them, and I mean run into them. The most productive thing he can do on the ball is 'win' a freekick, that's his output. Fair enough.

He's clearly not a s*** player though is he? He beats players for fun. I know his final ball is dreadful but if a player can beat people like he can and consistently do something with it at the end, then unfortunately at the moment they don't play for Newcastle (apart from Ben Arfa, obviously).

One of about 2 in the squad who can and he gets shiteload of stick when he doesn't do it for a game. Some people here abouts talk about him like he plays american fooball like Forest Gump. He definitely has his limitations and hes far from flawless but its vindictive the amount of flak he takes sometimes. Like mick said. Way down the scapegoat list.

Guest neesy111

Wullie but Jonas doesn't beat people for fun anymore, not sure he ever did outside of that Man U game.

A typical Jonas game will see him run into defenders more often than beating them, and I mean run into them. The most productive thing he can do on the ball is 'win' a freekick, that's his output. Fair enough.

yeah, when i see him do a run it's usually into nowhere and then loses the ball.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not so much that, rather I can't think of who else could play there as we look even worse without a clueless winger providing some sort of width.

LuaLua, oh wait, he's gone out on loan.

I thought he'd get his chance this season after impressing with Brighton last season. :(

Hmm, Neesy is agreeing with everything I say, perhaps my opinion is wrong!  :fishing:

Guest neesy111

LuaLua, oh wait, he's gone out on loan.

I thought he'd get his chance this season after impressing with Brighton last season. :(

Hmm, Neesy is agreeing with everything I say, perhaps my opinion is wrong!  :fishing:

I think i'm just making a sensible and valid arguement for once :lol:

I thought Routledge was just as poor today.

I don't see much between the two of them most of the time.  I think they were both let down by the utter shite they were playing with.

Aye, totally agree with that.

Our movement today was non existent.