Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest firetotheworks

I find it hard to dislike him because of everything he brings aside from his end product, and even then against Wolves I thought his and Routledge's crosses were very good.

Jonas is probably our best out field player after Enrique (i do not know just how good Tiote and HBA are yet). Our left side is probably the best thing about our team at the moment.

Harper

Perch  Willy     Colo   Enrique

Rout   Smith    Barton   Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

The team needs tinkering with yes. But its clearly the right side.  The two obvious ones are Smith and Nolan in particular who need replacing urgently. After that i'd want a closer look at Perch and Routledge as i'm not so sure yet they are even half decent standard for the Premiership. Although accept we have no better replacements for Rout and Perch yet really.

Like many i'd go with

Harper

Taylor  Willy   Colo  Enrique

Rout  *Guthrie/Barton/Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa   

Carroll     

* 2 of Guthrie/Barton/Tiote

Playing with that forward line and midfield makes us far more of a threat to opposition defences.

Krul

Campbell

Perch

1 of Barton, Guthrie, Tiote

Nolan

Ranger/Lovenkrands

Ameobi

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Jonas is probably our best out field player after Enrique (i do not know just how good Tiote and HBA are yet). Our left side is probably the best thing about our team at the moment.

Harper

Perch  Willy     Colo   Enrique

Rout   Smith    Barton   Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

The team needs tinkering with yes. But its clearly the right side.  The two obvious ones are Smith and Nolan in particular who need replacing urgently. After that i'd want a closer look at Perch and Routledge as i'm not so sure yet they are even half decent standard for the Premiership. Although accept we have no better replacements for Rout and Perch yet really.

Like many i'd go with

Harper

Taylor  Willy   Colo  Enrique

Rout  *Guthrie/Barton/Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa   

Carroll     

* 2 of Guthrie/Barton/Tiote

Playing with that forward line and midfield makes us far more of a threat to opposition defences.

Krul

Campbell

Perch

1 of Barton, Guthrie, Tiote

Nolan

Ranger/Lovenkrands

Ameobi

Tbh, Routledge has looked far more dangerous/effective than Jonas in these opening games.

Tbh, Routledge has looked far more dangerous/effective than Jonas in these opening games.

I'm not sure that Routledge "has looked far more dangerous/effective," he has big problems getting the ball past the first defender.

Guest malandro

Against Villa, perhaps. Against Wolves and Man U, no.

Blackpool?

The first signs of why he’s had loads of clubs? Promises a lot, delivers very little?

I was expecting more from Routledge against Blackpool tbh. If he can't make much impact against them it doesn't bode well.

seem to have the full back beat aswell, at least twice pulled back a couple of yards on him and got away from him with the ball, then seemed to think "i've proved myself to him, thats enough"

Routledge offers a lot less than Jonas defensively and not a great deal better going forward.

If we are to sacrifice a forward player then it has to be the very immobile Nolan. Yes, he has the knack of getting into the box at the right time but he doesn't "scare" any defender as far as I am concerned.

Hatem for Nolan is the straightforward swap. Jonas and Enrique work well together and it's a risk to break that partnership as it is quite solid defensively...

Guest firetotheworks

Routledge offers twice what Jonas does going forward.

Ron didn't start the fire, it was always burning, since the worlds been turnin'