Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Taken for Toontastic:

Just had an interesting encounter. Away in France skiing and just had a drink with a man who is an agent and represents couple of players in prem and abroad. And he's heard on the grapevine that NUFC are to make a MASSIVE cash youth signing from abroad in January. More money for Pardew than we think.

:lol:

I believe.

Do you BELIEVE?

Guest Brazilianbob

Taken for Toontastic:

Just had an interesting encounter. Away in France skiing and just had a drink with a man who is an agent and represents couple of players in prem and abroad. And he's heard on the grapevine that NUFC are to make a MASSIVE cash youth signing from abroad in January. More money for Pardew than we think.

Be bloody boring on here without bullshit itk rumours!

Reminds me of Kinnear in the January window when he was in charge.

"We've put in a £5m bid for Mbia and another unnamed player. Reasonable fees, in my opinion".

i'd managed to banish that fool from my mind until now..........

Taken for Toontastic:

The transfer window is officially open.

Also, regarding Pardew's quotes, I don't really see the harm.  As someone else pointed out, part of his remit is clearly to improve the communication and he's doing that (and then some).  It's only fair to wait and see how his quotes compare with what actually happens.  It took us a while to get accustomed to Hughton's style (I remember a fair few frustrated people once the secrecy began), and it will take a while to get used to Pardew.  I'm still struggling to warm up to Pardew, but I think we have to try to be reasonable.

"We've put in a £5m bid for Mbia and another unnamed player. Reasonable fees, in my opinion".

And the "Wow" signing that never came..

And the "Wow" signing that never came..

I thought Ryan Taylor was pretty "Wow". Not the good kind unfortunately.

I thought Ryan Taylor was pretty "Wow". Not the good kind unfortunately.

At the time, especially considering his performances against us, getting the money for Zog and RTaylor seemed good business. Obviously he is very limited but for the outlay he hasn't been as bad as people make out.

"Despite signing Steven Taylor up to a new long term deal, Newcastle are looking for an extra central defender and have taken note of Militos loan request. Manager Alan Pardew would like to pair Milito with his compatriot Fabricio Coloccini and should not have too many problems convincing owner Mike Ashley to sanction a deal."

1+1 journalism

Where's this from?

While i agree that he hasn't been as bad as made out, it was a pretty shitty signing considering the crucial time it was made at. We needed to bolster our squad with players that could make an impact and help our bid to stay in the Premier league and instead, we got a very average player who had knocked past a few free kicks against us, which btw, in no way should influence whether you bring in a player or not.

"Despite signing Steven Taylor up to a new long term deal, Newcastle are looking for an extra central defender and have taken note of Militos loan request. Manager Alan Pardew would like to pair Milito with his compatriot Fabricio Coloccini and should not have too many problems convincing owner Mike Ashley to sanction a deal."

1+1 journalism

Where's this from?

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a17416_newcastle-running-sign-barcelona-defender

1+1 journalism

Where's this from?

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a17416_newcastle-running-sign-barcelona-defender

This serious site.