Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest SuperShola!

Can we please have a good, solid, replacement for Jonas. We should keep him, cause' he's funny and stuff, but we need someone who can cross and create chances.

When's Benny back?

out of all the positions that need looked at, you choose to spend money to replace Jonas? f***ing Hell.

Aye, he's shite.

Can we please have a good, solid, replacement for Jonas. We should keep him, cause' he's funny and stuff, but we need someone who can cross and create chances.

When's Benny back?

out of all the positions that need looked at, you choose to spend money to replace Jonas? f***ing Hell.

Aye, he's s****.

Striker, right midfield and right back are all weaker, though.

Guest SuperShola!

When's Benny back?

Aye, he's s****.

What's wrong with Carroll?

He's a hero man.

imo we should look at Annan at Rosenborg as a cover for Tiote, just got voted as the best player in the Norwegian League. He also has one year left of his contract and has also said that he is ready to leave the norwegian league for a bigger one.

:snod: and to think, i was just starting to forget about him. in a nutshell, annan is MINT

Anderson as an offensive midfielder would bring a lot to our game if he goes back to how he played outsie of England. However if he plays like Sir Alex has changed him into I would rather not go for him.

And we have no time it trying to make him settle into an offensive minded player again. So no thank you!

yeah that's how I remember him during his Porto days, as an attacking midfielder. Fergie seems to have converted him into a more defensive minded player and coached the flair out of him...a bit like Park Ji Sung too (seemed to have a lot more flair during his PSV days)

When's Benny back?

Aye, he's s****.

A good winger (either side) would be my second priority after some sort of striker who can get into goalscoring positions more regularly than Shola. Right back could be improved but realistically a good winger is far more likely to help keep us up than a good full back.

imo we should look at Annan at Rosenborg as a cover for Tiote, just got voted as the best player in the Norwegian League. He also has one year left of his contract and has also said that he is ready to leave the norwegian league for a bigger one.

:snod: and to think, i was just starting to forget about him. in a nutshell, annan is MINT

Only seen him once but he was fantastic from what i seen, though wouldn't it be a kick in the balls to Skjelbred if we signed Annan and not him ?

Guest Roger Kint

Sturridge from Chelsea rumoured to be off to Swansea on loan. Would be disappointed if we didn't try for him.

Not a chance they will unless someone is bought in January

When's Benny back?

Aye, he's s****.

What's wrong with Carroll?

He's a hero man.

Can't do it all on his own though can he?

Our striker options after him are absolutely atrocious.

A striker to play alongside him is a far bigger priority than a replacement for Jonas.

I don't watch much MLS but how about Steve Zakuani? Apparently in good form for Seattle, 22 year old, 6ft and according to wiki is  a bit of a winger/second striker/striker. Would he fit the bill to partner AC?

Only player I'd take from MLS bar Donovan is Kaizero's hero, Fredy Montero.

Heard rave reviews about him.

Montero is pretty amazing in real life as well tbf. At least all the times I've watched the Sounders he's been the stand-out guy.

Zakuani is shit. All pace, nothing else.

Zakuani :gm: Montero

Won the MLS 2009 Newcomer of the Year award. Still only 23, had a dry spell in the late stages of the season but a fairly impressionable 22 in 56, meaning a goal ratio of 1 in 2.5. Also has a lot of assists. I don't see how he doesn't produce enough? ???

If he can make the step up to PL level is another question entirely, mind.

Won the MLS 2009 Newcomer of the Year award. Still only 23, had a dry spell in the late stages of the season but a fairly impressionable 22 in 56, meaning a goal ratio of 1 in 2.5. Also has a lot of assists. I don't see how he doesn't produce enough? ???

If he can make the step up to PL level is another question entirely, mind.

Like Taylor said, that's a nice return in the MLS, but I doubt he can adjust that to the Prem so well. He should get a shot in Europe soon though.