Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest Heneage

I do love watching Eden Hazard and Defour on youtube. I'm always surprised of claims of ego clashes as Hazard comes across as quite a normal young guy.

"We don't want to do any business," said Pardew, who took over from sacked Chris Hughton earlier in December.

Last week Pardew stressed that young home-grown striker Andy Carroll, now an England player, will not be sold.

"Part of my first week or so here has been spent trying to analyse what is the situation with the players we have and to try to secure their positions before we start looking elsewhere," added Pardew.

"That's been my main focus, rather than looking at other players who could raise the level here."

Nobody in either then?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thinking of the Belgium NT's future gets me all hot and bothered. They can be so good. Wish they didn't have such a difficult qualifying group for Euro's.

Been like that for years though, they've always had this 'THIS IS THE GROUP' of young players, but nowt happens.

I think we'll bring in a forward on loan, and one of Best or Xisco will leave. That's really all I expect, other than the likes of Donaldson, Vuckic, Ferguson, Tavernier etc maybe going on loan for a few months.

I think we'll bring in a forward on loan, and one of Best or Xisco will leave. That's really all I expect, other than the likes of Donaldson, Vuckic, Ferguson, Tavernier etc maybe going on loan for a few months.

I would consider it a success if that's what happens. Keep all the important players, add a short term goal scoring solution, and get rid of some wages (more so if it's Xisco). Can't ask for much more.

"We don't want to do any business," said Pardew, who took over from sacked Chris Hughton earlier in December.

Last week Pardew stressed that young home-grown striker Andy Carroll, now an England player, will not be sold.

"Part of my first week or so here has been spent trying to analyse what is the situation with the players we have and to try to secure their positions before we start looking elsewhere," added Pardew.

"That's been my main focus, rather than looking at other players who could raise the level here."

Nobody in either then?

Guess he didn't bang down the door hard enough.

Aye, then there's these quotes from Pardew saying he'd like a couple to bolster what we have. Who bloody knows?

My suspicion is that he doesn't really know what there is to spend, if anything. They'll be mucking him about as per usual tbh.

Blatently just saying no exits, can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist.

All talk anyway.. Blatently selling the likes of Best, Xisco and Perch.

Pretty standard with folks on here.

If they don't screw it up Belgium should be fun to watch in the upcoming WCs/Euros.

I'd imagine there's a chance of screwing it up again. They can never get a settled side, and the young players all have ridiculous egos.

Always the mild chance the country will split in two n all.

Samba could replace campbell for me.

Another option

Again? Samba has said he wants to leave Blackburn because they have shite owners. Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias?

On another note, how about Felipe Caicedo? Strong, tall, fast, can play as a striker/winger - 7 goals in 12 appearances for Levante so far this season.