Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Barton isn't a winger, never has been, never will be.

The criteria was that we needed someone for the right who can cross.

It was right winger who cross, not a makeshift right midfielder who can cross.

Who's this right winger we have who can cross?

We have on for the left in HBA.

And that's helpful atm how exactly? :lol:

Im not saying it's helpful right now, but we don't need to sign one as he's back relatively soon. We don't have a right winger who's good enough, that's a fact.

Barton has deputised well but he isn't a winger, and I'd rather have him in the middle.

Barton isn't a winger, never has been, never will be.

The criteria was that we needed someone for the right who can cross.

It was right winger who cross, not a makeshift right midfielder who can cross.

What's the difference? Same question, what else are you looking for?

Confused by this tbh. I'd have absolutely no issue with Someone-Tiote-Nolan-Barton being our midfield for the rest of the season. I like Jonas but if there's anywhere in the midfield in dire need of an upgrade it's down the left. The right-wing's more that satisfactory imo.

Prett sure I said winger mind.

You specified crossing, that's all I responded to. What else are you looking for?

This is pretty pointless mind. But I said a right winger who can cross, you said we had one. We don't. Not that this matter s at all.

Forgetting the pedantry, if Barton's happy to continue on the right, I say keep him on the right, even if just for this season. Focus on trying to get an upgrade on Jonas. Safe to say that we're not getting another CM in so stick with Tiote and Nolan. My dream would be that HBA would fill Nolan's slot in the centre. But I suppose a dream is what it will stay as.

LW and ST in January are musts for me. cheap back up LB if we're feeling really adventurous.

Who's this right winger we have who can cross?

We have on for the left in HBA.

And that's helpful atm how exactly? :lol:

Im not saying it's helpful right now, but we don't need to sign one as he's back relatively soon. We don't have a right winger who's good enough, that's a fact.

Barton has deputised well but he isn't a winger, and I'd rather have him in the middle.

Possibly, but he's been better for us on the right recently than he's ever been for us in the middle.

Difference is a proper winger and someone not playing out of position, pretty self explanatory IMO  :lol:

Bartons effectiveness in that areas only highlights the need for real quality, not that we've found our solution.

Prett sure I said winger mind.

You specified crossing, that's all I responded to. What else are you looking for?

This is pretty pointless mind. But I said a right winger who can cross, you said we had one. We don't. Not that this matter s at all.

Eh? :lol:

All I'm asking is what else you think we need from a right winger other than decent crossing. I'm not being funny, I genuinely don't get it.

I'm postage from an iPhone do can't he arsed quoting etc.

From a winger I want pace, a trick, ability to cross, some defensive capability.

Barton has deputised well there, no doubt, but I personally think he looked very good in the middle today and I'd rather him him there. Thus the need for a winger.

Btw the context to all this is our probable budget in January. We already have a player for the right who can cross in Barton, who coincidentally is playing some of his best football in years out there. We have backup in Routledge.

Now, who do we have for the left who can cross? Who is his backup? Mr Broken Leg doesn't count, unfortunately. We don't even know if he'll be any good when he's back in about three months from now.

It's about priorities.

I'm postage from an iPhone do can't he arsed quoting etc.

From a winger I want pace, a trick, ability to cross, some defensive capability.

Barton has deputised well there, no doubt, but I personally think he looked very good in the middle today and I'd rather him him there. Thus the need for a winger.

Cheers.

Forgetting the pedantry, if Barton's happy to continue on the right, I say keep him on the right, even if just for this season. Focus on trying to get an upgrade on Jonas. Safe to say that we're not getting another CM in so stick with Tiote and Nolan. My dream would be that HBA would fill Nolan's slot in the centre. But I suppose a dream is what it will stay as.

LW and ST in January are musts for me. cheap back up LB if we're feeling really adventurous.

Agreed. :thup: