Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Sessegnon and Ziani typically play left, right or off the striker. Both atacking type players who would be good enough to go straight into the first team. Seen quite a bit of both in the African Nations tournaments. Ziani gave England a lot of headaches in the Algeria friendly leading up to the world cup if you recall.

Didn't we play them in the actual World Cup?

aye. Was Egypt we played in the friendly.

Sessegnon and Ziani typically play left, right or off the striker. Both atacking type players who would be good enough to go straight into the first team. Seen quite a bit of both in the African Nations tournaments. Ziani gave England a lot of headaches in the Algeria friendly leading up to the world cup if you recall.

Didn't we play them in the actual World Cup?

Sorry, my mistake. Yeah, was the world cup game I was thinking of.

Guest Recoba

Hello all this is my first post, been reading forum for a while but never felt urge to register til now.

About two years ago I went to Paris with my lass and went to watch PSG v Bordeaux in the French league cup.

PSG got battered by Gourcouff/Chamakh/Gouffran, Sessegnon was poor.

Just one game mind, and Pancrate came on as a sub . . . he was also poor.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You've done it all wrong, Recoboa. When a new person mysteriously signs up to post in a transfer speculation thread, they're supposed to be Ben Arfa's Agent or something, with insider knowledge and mysterious broken French musings! Other than that, welcome!

Guest Recoba

Well I wouldn't like to judge Segnesson on that one match, only one PSG player looked like he gave a shit and that was Rothen.  Kezman got booed off, which was funny.

It was a quality Bordeaux side, as with all decent French sides got broken up.

All being said though we desperately need quality on the wings.  Jonas frustrates the piss out of me and it is telling that the only game in which he has scored he did not start.  If there was any chance that we might be able to start another player on the left he might pull his finger out. 

Jason Puncheon has already scored twicea hattrick today for Millwall...wasn't he on Pardew's radar? Also the best player in my current Soton save in FM11 and that's not bad as I have Ranger danger on lona there as well :fishing:

Guest Heneage

Wenger just told ESPN they have 20 scouts out looking at players every week.

No wonder we f***ed the Arsenal model off.

:lol:

Sessengnon is a really good athlete he'll give us good pace and energy his cost might put us off though.

People guessing what position Sessegnon plays, what happened to someone loading FM screenshots up when any non-UK based players are mentioned.

That makes Dave cringe. Didn't want that to happen.

It may well do but the position the fella plays should be correct.