Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Pardew declared: "I would like more dynamic speed in the team and that wouldn't be David Beckham. He wouldn't be somebody on our list.

"People are suggesting we are in the market for him because I said I wanted an offensive player.

"We have targets elsewhere with more chance of fruition.

"There's a need for some athletic, speedy players, especially in wide areas to give us something different."

Two players who will be on the agenda today are Tottenham's Robbie Keane and David Bentley.

They do not fit in with Ashley's bid to cut the wage bill and invest in young talent.

But Pardew insisted: "Occasionally there does come a time, especially in the first year after promotion, when you need a guiding hand and that might come from outside of that policy.

"I always think the January transfer window is difficult.

"There have been some really bad buys in this window, particularly in the foreign market.

"There's talent below the Premier League, but there seems to be a general attitude of 'oh, they're not good enough'.

"Charlie Adam of Blackpool is a great example of proving that completely wrong."

Seems more likely we'll target the likes of Max Gradel, Jason Puncheon and Taarabt from the championship.

Don't think any of Keane, Bentley or Beckham would be described as dynamic, athletic or speedy!

If Tuncay is going cheaply I wouldn't mind us signing him, would prefer to wait until the summer though

Aye, there doesn't seem to be much playing time for someone who can actually play down in Stoke. Wouldn't mind seeing him up here, reckon he'd be a really good foil for Carroll like.

Liverpool wants to sell Agger! afraid he is too expensive when you think of his injury history

Tayor/Simpson    Colo/Will/Taylor/Agger     Jose/new lb to cover Jose

That would be nice

Agger is a walking injury. No thanks.

`I really don't like how he keeps responding to particular players, or mentioning their names`

I prefer to hear regular quotes than silence or just constant denial. 

WIll be happy just to see anybody in the door atmo, hope its not lots of talk and little action.

It's nice to hear the manager communicating and giving ideas of where he's taking this squad in terms of signings etc.

Mind you, he reeeealllllyyy likes to talk :lol:

I think if he's been watching us previously he'd see that communication is key when dealing with the fans, so basically he's over cooking it slightly.

As long as his words are backed up by actions (from the board) then it will work, the problem comes when he's talked a good story and we've nothing to show for it when the window closes.

"Despite signing Steven Taylor up to a new long term deal, Newcastle are looking for an extra central defender and have taken note of Militos loan request. Manager Alan Pardew would like to pair Milito with his compatriot Fabricio Coloccini and should not have too many problems convincing owner Mike Ashley to sanction a deal."

1+1 journalism

That was one thing i liked about Hughton, he kept his mouth shut regarding transfers, even when we had signed them.

being fair to pardew it seems likes hes talking every day about potential transfers but its more to do with the amount of games and thus pre and post match pressers there have been, and what else are journos going to ask

Hughton would have fielded just as many questions on the subject but been a lot more coy and a lot less rent-a-quote in his responses.

Not that I'm using any stick to beat Pardew with, but he does seem to be pushing a bit too hard on the quotes side.

Taken for Toontastic:

Just had an interesting encounter. Away in France skiing and just had a drink with a man who is an agent and represents couple of players in prem and abroad. And he's heard on the grapevine that NUFC are to make a MASSIVE cash youth signing from abroad in January. More money for Pardew than we think.

:lol:

Taken for Toontastic:

Just had an interesting encounter. Away in France skiing and just had a drink with a man who is an agent and represents couple of players in prem and abroad. And he's heard on the grapevine that NUFC are to make a MASSIVE cash youth signing from abroad in January. More money for Pardew than we think.

:lol:

got to love bullshit itk rumours